Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is our lack of identity on offense the reason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 581

Is our lack of identity on offense the reason

Sep 2, 2014, 10:03 AM

we seem to struggle more times than not when we come against a formidable defense?

First, we are very good at recruiting top level WR's, which isn't a surprise since our recruiting coordinator is the WR coach and the HC is an ex-WR and former WR coach. We even pride ourselves in saying Clemson is Wide Receiver U. Yet instead of running an air raid format of the HUNH or more of pro-style offense where we would utilize our most dynamic players more our OC runs around saying we are a run first, smash mouth offense. Therefore we continue to attempt to run the offense as if he had a dominant run game and superior offensive line, both of which are not true. Our line is average and our backfield is like an island of misfit athletes, Howard who would not start at or was not recruited by any other D1 school in the country, Brooks who if I'm correct was being recruited primary as a slot receiver by most, Davidson a converted tracklete, and Kurt Fleming a baseball player who has had to "remember how to play football". I am not including Gallman and or Choice because until they actually receive a handoff in the game as a RB they are not part of the backfield, but they will be true RB's.

Second, while we are running this run first, smash mouth spread offense we are doing it with a pocket passing pro style QB. Meanwhile our mobile QB, who ran the same offense in high school very successfully, is sitting on the bench. I liked somethings that Cole done in the game, but he doesn't fit into the system if Morris is going to continue to run designed QB runs.

The point is when we get down and seem to be struggling as an offensive unit we do not have one aspect of offense that we can fall back on that we execute at an elite level all the time no matter what the circumstance. We are a HUNH run first smash mouth spread that is full of WR's and ran by a pro-style passing QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman ran the ball. HTH***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Gallman ran the ball. HTH***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:08 AM

I remember Gallman catching two passes out of the backfield but never receiving a hand-off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gallman ran the ball. HTH***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:09 AM

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400547740

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

7 figure salary offensive coordinator...

Sep 2, 2014, 10:12 AM

yet we have a lack of offensive identity?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 4
| visibility 581
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic