Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did not realize Tajh and Sammy are only QB/WR combo to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,107

Did not realize Tajh and Sammy are only QB/WR combo to

Aug 20, 2014, 9:06 AM

have ever completed a pass at Clemson. I swear I would have believed there had been others in the past and that there might be another pass completed some time in the future. In the meantime, it is very strategic for espn announcers to diminish Clemson to make sure the 4 team playoff deck is only stacked with sec teams. It is also my understanding that Clemson is the only school to have had one or more starting players graduate from last year's team. All other college football teams are returning all starters. I believe I read that correctly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did not realize Tajh and Sammy are only QB/WR combo to

Aug 20, 2014, 9:29 AM

They are in a panic as they don't know how the playoff committee is going to select/how the system is going to pan out. It's no coincidence that the SEC network debut coincides with the inaugural year of the CFB Playoff. It's also no coincidence that the preseason top 25 are logjammed with unproven SEC teams that lost bowl games and lost as many star players are everyone else. UGA was 8-5 and lost to Nebraska, lost QB, three OLineman, numerous players to suspensions/dismissals,etc. Yet, they are a top 15 football team? How about Ole Miss, who won a glorious SEC victory against GT? I'm not buying any of this. These teams are ranked where they are to create headlines like "FSU #1, but SEC rules top 25", and "FSU #!, but that doesn't impress the selection committee".

One of my favorite justifications for ranking a team highly in the preseason is "their favorable schedule gives them a better chance to win more games." I thought the strength of the SEC schedule was what made them so much better than everyone else. Boise St. and Ok St. had a favorable schedule that hurt them in the rankings and kept them out of MNC contention. So, a preseason asset is a postseason detriment? Can someone explain this to me?

Since no one is really sure how the selection process is going to pan out, the strategy right now is to combine the cartel strategy that got SEC teams rankings bloated with a strategy of out-talking everyone else-full media offensive either for the SEC or against everyone else.

The great thing about all this is the growing resentment outside of the SEC that is motivating teams to beat the crap out of them. The intimidation factor is gone, and you're starting to see the effects on the field. Teams like Bama, Auburn, LSU, UGA, etc., are losing to teams outside the SEC. Nick Saban is crying foul about an offense he can't stop...the backfire is happening, and it's awesome.

All that being said, we whip the Dawgs.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. I share the same sentiments. Clemson by 8+***

Aug 20, 2014, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What will they say when we beat UGA by 14?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Did not realize Tajh and Sammy are only QB/WR combo to ]

Oh, Georgia is rebuilding this year and they aren't any good...

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Spot the dang ball.

We will be in the playoff. Book it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What will they say when we beat UGA by 14?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:41 AM

Well what will they say when we beat Clemson by 14? Well Clemson pulled another clemsoning!!

GA is favored at home by 8.5... however, that doesn't

Aug 20, 2014, 11:54 AM

preclude some ESPiN microphone jockey from saying it. "Clemsoning" is soon going to have an entirely different connotation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What will they say when we beat UGA by 14?***

Aug 20, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: What will they say when we beat UGA by 14? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: What will they say when we beat UGA by 14?

Aug 20, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: What will they say when we beat UGA by 14? ]

keep dreaming mutt, just like last year.

Perfect Summary***

Aug 20, 2014, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Did not realize Tajh and Sammy are only QB/WR combo to ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2014, 9:38 AM

The season hasn't even started and the narrative that the media/ESPN is spinning is already old.

Was talking with a Miss. State grad yesterday and he wanted to know my opinion of UGA vs. Clemson matchup. He said he'd take Clemson +9 all day. He thought that Tajh was an all-or-nothing type of QB, was a little overrated, and Sammy Watkins was a freak, but Clemson's recruited well, etc... Told him I thought it would be a close game either way, and by the end of the season our offense would be better than people think. Told him I was pretty confident we'd beat SC this year. He laughed, but agreed that we've been shooting ourselves in the foot in that game and maybe not having Tajh at QB "freaking out" would keep us from self-destructing.

He thinks SC is gonna miss Conner Shaw, a lot. Thinks Dylan Thompson is ok, but they are going to miss Shaw's feet and toughness. He said without Shaw SC never beats Mizzou last year and offensively Dylan Thompson isn't going to be as productive.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, yea they all hate us.***

Aug 20, 2014, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Response to a counterpart who sent out an email to a bunch

Aug 20, 2014, 9:56 AM

of us proclaiming the sec's dominance based on preseason polls.

"Please tell me you aren’t one of those people that chants “SEC! SEC! SEC!” and makes yourself believe that all of Alabama’s NC’s are somehow your school’s too(because you share a conference affiliation).

In all seriousness, it’s pretty simple really, the SEC generally has 1-2 really good - great teams each year, and then the rest ride on their coattails and are thought of as great because that is the storyline that eSECpn tells(keep an eye out for when they know a SEC team can be beat and they’ll set it up all week to soften the blow just in case they lose. I predict this will happen week 2 when scar plays ECU). WEAK OOC scheduling and usually the “good” teams only play 1 maybe 2 other good SEC teams the entire season and just beat up on the bottom dwellers year in and out.(helps pad the numbers)"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Frankly, I'm glad we're getting a lot of this kind of

Aug 20, 2014, 10:01 AM

coverage. We all know we play better with a chip on our shoulder. We know we are going to Athens as the underdog, but that's OK. Seems like we were the underdog against LSU, Auburn, Ohio St., Va. Tech (a few years ago), etc. and they turned out OK. Just because some talking heads say we won't win, doesn't mean we can't.

Aug 20, 2014, 10:07 AM

Now you know how we feel talking about Murray.

Aug 20, 2014, 12:11 PM

not really....unlike you, we actually have a #1 dual threat QB replacement waiting in the wings behind the starter (of which they already announced will face you...hopefully in garbage time after we show we didn't have a drop off in that spot). And you have?

I can't blame anybody for picking UGAy at home.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:49 AM

They've never been easy to beat there. ESPiN's predictions will have little if any bearing on the outcome of this game.

It's also noteworthy that ESPiN's polls, opinions and bias will have little or no influence on the selection committee's choices for playoff seeds. I'm satisfied with the integrity and ability of this group to put the best four in this field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's fine with me...let them give the SEC all the praise

Aug 20, 2014, 10:02 PM

and admiration. When Clemson beats them, they will not be able to undo what they have done. Clemson's win total will speak for itself. It will do nothing but put Clemson in the upper echelon of teams with wins over their perceived 'powerhouses' of the SEC.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic