Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Season results offense projections
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,453

Season results offense projections

Jul 22, 2014, 5:17 PM

I don't know how it will happen but I think we go 10-2 again this year. However I do think stoudt will be the starter all year, will be around a 2500 and 25+ TD. Probably adds 400-500 on the ground with 5. Deshaun will fill in and put up some good backup numbers and tease us for next year.

Running back I think gallman emerges as the leading rusher around 800 and probably 8 TD. Dye comes on strong at the end and proves he and gallman will be a great 1-2 punch. Davidson provides good depth as well as brooks. Howard will be a decent starter for uga but won't last but will get reps.

I think mike Williams will be the new go to receiver 1000 and 8 TD. Adam will be in the 700 with about 5-8 TD. Peake will be right there with Adam but an alternative might be that he and Williams switch production here. I think Artavis Scott is the best freshman and will see similar production as Williams did this past year.

I think the tight ends improve but split the load again. Legget will be the best overall 400 and 5-8 TD, but Seck will get reps 300-400 5 TD, along with Coop.

The line will be ok, not as bad as it could have been but not as good either. I think Morris's play calling gets better for another year. I also believe that we will be better as a team with controlling possessions , the ball, and emotions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Season results offense projections

Jul 22, 2014, 5:21 PM

Not too far off I don't think. I doubt Cole makes it to that many yards on the ground due to sacks counting in the rushing total (I only think Boyd had about 500 in 2012 when he rushed closed to 200 times)...and I think Leggett will be in the 600-800 range catching the ball assuming he's been working hard, but good assessment.

Jul 22, 2014, 5:36 PM

I hope you are right on legget definitely think he is capable, my thinking with cole is less sacks because check downs, I believe that he is a smarter runner but at 225 he won't be easy to bring down either but I don't see him being a bulldozer so he probably is more in the 300 range.

Jul 22, 2014, 5:43 PM

It will be interesting to see how successful he can be with teams NOT looking for him to run. Like an Aaron Rodgers type deal. At least I hope.

I think Cole will be a better all around runner than Boyd.

Jul 22, 2014, 7:24 PM

Boyd was our power short yardage back and did well when we needed 1-2 yards,but really all year made several wrong decisions while running the read option.I think Cole will run it much more efficient and surprise many people with his running ability.Not sure about numbers but our wild card will be our defense this,while our offense becomes more of a grinding type,taking what defenses give us with good decision making instead of quick hitting drives like the past couple years.

Jul 22, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Season results offense projections ]

I think Leggett will be a serious problem for our
opponents due to his size and speed mismatch with
LB's and DB's.

I think Brooks will be the feature back after UGA

Jul 22, 2014, 7:31 PM

I think we'll see a run by committee all year long. Think about Dye or Gallman coming in in the 4th quarter both fresh. Good luck defense

If Brooks stays healthy he will play .

Jul 26, 2014, 11:36 AM

> I think we'll see a run by committee all year long.
> Think about Dye or Gallman coming in in the 4th
> h quarter both fresh. Good luck defense

RB has to be the biggest concern. When the leader

Jul 22, 2014, 9:48 PM

in the clubhouse for the starting job (Howard) has averaged less than 4 yards a carry for the past two years (trending downward), you have to be concerned. I cannot remember a former backup running back (soon to be starter) that averaged less than 4 yards a carry during the prior year. Most recently, both Ellington and McDowell were well over 5 yards a carry as back-ups.

I hope you are right that one of the younger guys emerges….and SOONER rather than later. This team could be special if one of those guys breaks loose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,453
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic