Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is KJ realy ready for the NBA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Is KJ realy ready for the NBA?

Apr 23, 2014, 8:00 AM

Different game than college. Very match-up, 1 on 1 oriented. He has the athleticism for sure but not sure his ball handling skills and shot are that level YET.

However being projected as 1st round pick means a very nice pay day and he should not pass it up. I do think that another year in college would benefit his skill level but you must strike when the iron is hot. He will have little impact in the NBA for a few years in my humble opinion. I think Trevor Booker was/is better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think

Apr 23, 2014, 8:04 AM

he would have benefited from playing another year at the collegiate level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I do think

Apr 23, 2014, 8:11 AM

true, but what are you gonna do? ;(

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.....

Apr 23, 2014, 8:16 AM

and if he is a first round pick, he's not going to improve on that by coming back. His decision is completely understandable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly.....

Apr 23, 2014, 8:33 AM

It's possible that by returning he could improve from a late round pick to a mid round pick, but he would also risk injury by retuning. I think he has probably made the best decision for his future, and I wish him nothing but the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KJ is physically ready for the NBA

Apr 23, 2014, 8:38 AM

I do wonder what position he will play primarily. The thing about coming out now instead of next year is he will have the time to only work on his ball handling and shooting, as opposed to school. When the NBA season rolls around, he will be ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

at 6-6, he's a 2-guard. he could play the 3 when his

Apr 23, 2014, 9:57 AM

team plays "small ball".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Although a bit undersized, KJ is more of a 3 than a 2....

Apr 23, 2014, 10:35 AM

He doesn't shoot the ball consistently enough to play the 2 collegiately let alone at the NBA level.

he is not big enough to be a 3 in the NBA. he will have

Apr 23, 2014, 2:56 PM

to shoot better and become a 3. no way he can defend big 3s like james, anthony, george, etc. in the NBA.

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: Is KJ realy ready for the NBA?

Apr 23, 2014, 8:42 AM

KJ is more than ready for the NBA. He's a better athlete than most of the guys in the league already. He's not a point guard, so the issues you see with his ball handling are irrelevant. He shoots over 80% from the FT line, which is amazing for somebody you think can't shoot.

He plays amazing defense, which will prolong his career by at least 5 years.

It amazes me how people on here always say they don't watch the NBA or they don't like it, but when KJ says he's leaving, they think he's not ready. What are you basing that on if you have no idea what the leage is like?

i think he's ready. his shot and ball handling will have

Apr 23, 2014, 9:58 AM

to improve since he's basically a 2-guard in the NBA, but i think they will. most people, myself included, wanted him to stay for selfish reasons. but i don't blame him in his decision.

FAT TAX NOW!

I watch the NBA religiously and you have no clue what you

Apr 23, 2014, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Is KJ realy ready for the NBA? ]

are talking about...His athleticism is not greater than most in the league...it is barely on par... he is a shorted Tony Allen...and if you think defense prolongs peoples NBA career by 5 years, you really are an idiot...OUTSIDE SHOOTING prolongs your career...Defense fades as you age...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think just about all early enrollees would benefit from

Apr 23, 2014, 8:43 AM

another year in college. Thats never been a question. The question should be is his draft stock going to increase with that extra year? I don't think so.

He would have to duplicate the accolades he recieved this year and add some to go higher. You do realize the only thing he would lack is first team all american and/or ACC POY. Those are pretty tough to guarantee.

I didn't see a scenario that he would come back other than a CJ spiller type desire to be at Clemson/team/coaches another year. Not many will do that b/c its a huge risk for your financial future.

KJ made the right decision. Its the decision I would steer him toward if he was my friend or son or family member.

He didn't pretty much all you could do statiscally last year and got alot of awards for it. He comes back he wouldn't get all that i dont' think. Everything woudl have to fall in place again.... we will never know.

Re: I think just about all early enrollees would benefit from

Apr 23, 2014, 9:54 AM

Players with KJ's tendency don't wait for things to fall in place. They make things happen that fall into place. He didn't play waiting on luck, he played with intention. And to think that another year with the Brownell staff wouldn't have made him a more polished player is crazy thinking I believe. Injury was a risk from the first day he stepped on the court at Clemson. A career ending injury is just as probable stepping into his shower at home as it is playing. Using risk of injury is saying I want to grab what money I can now. It is just as big a risk that he won't make a team team, as it is him coming back and improving his skill and getting a college degree. Its a bigger RISK of never coming home again from driving to the store just a block away from home. The ice storm we had a couple months ago, it was a career ending risk for KJ to walk out his door just to look around. Risk, life is a risk, be the best you can be when you have the opportunity. His best opportunity right now is getting his degree from Clemson, and entering the NBA draft next year with an even better chance to make a team. My opinion on this won't change my life one iota. If KJ left school today and was on a NBA team later on today wouldn't have any affect on my life. But if it was me, I would be back in a Clemson uniform next season that could only make me a better player. And I would go to the NBA draft next year a better prospect with my Clemson college degree in my hand. And if for some reason I didn't make it in the NBA, I'm a Clemson grad with a degree, and I will get a good paying job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

being a first rounder says yes***

Apr 23, 2014, 8:45 AM

Apr 23, 2014, 8:47 AM

Well his daddy was a good player, and KJ has his genes according to his mother. They truly believe that should be the spring board that will bounce him on an NBA team of success. I personally wish KJ the best in what ever he does. He was an exciting player to watch for Clemson in his junior year, and I was glad he was a Clemson Tiger. His senior year at Clemson would have been a plus in venturing to the NBA, but maybe his dads genes will be enough to make him an NBA star. KJ's leaping ability and the timing of his jumps, is the best ability he has to offer the NBA. But that same leaping ability could have made him a star as a goal line receiver in the NFL. I wish that his dad would have played FB also.;) Patience is a virtue, and a gamble is just that, a gamble. Good luck KJ, and I hope to see you blocking many NBA shots that could have been game winners!!!

People who are projecting KJ as a 1st rounder know

Apr 23, 2014, 10:04 AM

waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I do so yes he should go. Would never want to deprive him of his dream and appreciate the enjoyment of watching him play as a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ball handling, shooting, and creating his shot need work.

Apr 23, 2014, 10:13 AM

......but good luck and what do I know anyhow!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do you mean

Apr 23, 2014, 1:27 PM

"what do I know?" you nailed it. It isn't hard to see.

Apr 23, 2014, 11:21 AM

I think he's making a mistake. However, I wish him well. There are guys in the NBA 6'9 and 6'10 who can do what he does. You mention Trevor Booker, which brings me to the question.....if you were playing a pick-up game of shirts vs skins and were choosing up sides, would you pick Booker first or KJ? I would pick Booker. That guy was a man when he played at Clemson plus he stayed all 4 years.

The iron would have been hotter next year.

Apr 23, 2014, 1:25 PM

It wasn't cooling.

But you're right. He's not ready for the NBA. It's an individual game, offensively. He can show out some on the defensive end, though.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic