Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FFRF wants Chaplain removed and that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FFRF wants Chaplain removed and that

Apr 20, 2014, 10:22 AM

is Perry Noble. He's a little extreme to tell you the truth and I do have examples. one instance he referred to having to pee while he was preaching. not a huge deal but when your on the pulpit I would think I wouldn't want to talk about urine. the waste of your body.

Number two: said he was in London on a business trip and couldn't believe no one knew who he was. um, really? your not a rock star and if that's what you want to be pick up a guitar.

number 3: said during a service that if you weren't "feeling" his fiery message you should go "kill yourself." and that shook me. what if someone was contemplating suicide that day and heard that. not wise. maybe just got carried away in passion but still watch your mouth when your on the pulpit

number 4: In 1st or 2nd Peter in the New Testament Peter refers to sinners going back to sin as "dogs return to their own vomit." He used this as a way to discourage people who were in relationships with people who had drug or alcohol problems. basically, get out or your going back to your vomit. I wouldn't describe a soul struggling with addiction as vomit.

just a few thoughts. hope I didn't offend anyone. he's a very likable guy. he just doesn't seem to have boundaries because he's rich and arrogant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have lived in SC all 45 years of my life

Apr 20, 2014, 10:26 AM

And graduated from Clemson, and I did not know who he was until this week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VERY charismatic

Apr 20, 2014, 10:29 AM

Especially to the younger crowd who have never had any Christian influence upbringing which is probably 50 to 60% of our players. Also a HUGE Clemson fan. Used his money and combination of faith with Dabo to get that position.

Wonder if the target is Christianity, Clemson or Dabo

Apr 20, 2014, 10:36 AM

Or if it is mega churches or Perry Noble?

From what I read somewhere on the board, sounds like one of FFRF's founders has an axe to grind with evangelicals.

those questions can be answered with two words

Apr 20, 2014, 10:41 AM

The Devil. he's trying his hardest to get as many souls as he can. Our program is doing the opposite. Do you honestly think that's cool with Satan. He's going to attack everything he can.

You're absolutely right. Satan attacks the ones doing the

Apr 20, 2014, 1:28 PM

most good for God. The others he isn't worried too much about.

Re: those questions can be answered with two words

Apr 20, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to those questions can be answered with two words ]

Are you ####### serious?

The Pharisees were really Upset when Jesus sat down

Apr 20, 2014, 10:48 AM

and drank and ate with the drunkards. Though this was the way Jesus spread the word of God. How else are you going to do it if you only associate with the saved?

yes you are

Apr 20, 2014, 10:51 AM

right. He came for the sinners to show them the Way.

Read "Beautiful Outlaw" by John Eldredge when you can

Apr 20, 2014, 10:59 AM

It really gives a good perspective of the man, Jesus, as he would have been perceived during his lifetime on earth.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Former player James Trapp is the chaplain of

Apr 20, 2014, 11:07 AM

our football team.

"The foundation said it would like the university to do away with its chaplain position, which is currently held by former Clemson player James Trapp, who, the foundation said, is exerting too much religious influence on players."

How could you not know this when you know so much about Perry Noble?

i looked it up and you're right

Apr 20, 2014, 11:36 AM

But why wouldn't he baptize Nuk instead of Perry?

Re: i looked it up and you're right

Apr 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

I'm guessing, since I know nothing for fact here, but I had heard the baptism on the practice field was Nuk's request. So I assume Nuk requested Perry to do it.

This is my understanding, as well.

Apr 20, 2014, 1:18 PM

One more accusation the FFRF'ers missed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Because James Trapp wasn't the chaplain then, and Noble was***

Apr 20, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to i looked it up and you're right ]

Re: FFRF wants Chaplain removed and that

Apr 20, 2014, 11:42 AM

Perry Noble is the senior pastor at NewSpring. He is a Clemson fan but not the chaplain. As a member at NewSpring, we would love for you to check out one of our services. If you can't come to one of the campuses, check it out online at newspring.cc Easter services are at 11:30, 5:00 and 6:30.

i have been many times.

Apr 20, 2014, 11:50 AM

Perry is likable. but I sense no humility in that man whatsoever. all I see is arrogance and pride. and you don't have to look too far in the bible to see that God hates pride in man. He has great sermons with occasional outbursts but if that's what makes you grow in your faith then by all means go. I have a church I'm comfortable with. but thank you

'When thou

Apr 20, 2014, 11:57 AM

prayest, go in thy closet and shut thy door" No mention of schools, arenas, or any other public place. IF you are going to live by the 'bible' don't choose just the part that is comfortable for you! Just Sayin'

Re: 'When thou

Apr 20, 2014, 12:00 PM

Don't use that verse when you don't understand the context of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely correct.***

Apr 20, 2014, 1:31 PM

Same thing occurs with the "judge not, lest you be judged"

Apr 20, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: 'When thou ]

verse.

And, I love when people accuse me of breaking biblical law when I eat shrimp and crab. They have no context. They just pick and choose verses to "validate" their accusations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

i hear ya

Apr 20, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to 'When thou ]

and that is true. It says that so people cannot be boastful about how much they pray or what not. but you explain to me how to have Fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ in a closet? lol

Re: i hear ya

Apr 20, 2014, 12:13 PM

I am glad that I finally met someone who truly understands that phrase. All these years I thought it was referring to going into your clothes closet to pray. How fooling of me. I should have known that the true answers to religion would be found among the scholars of tigernet. Just think of all the senseless wars that have fought for centuries when the truthful answers were right here. Hallyleloula!

Nice

Apr 20, 2014, 12:21 PM

Y'all do realize this is Easter?
Heathens......
At least have the respect to bash religion/pastors on the other 363 days a year.
Can we at least have Christmas and Easter without all of this idiocy?

Saw your stuff online already. It has personality cult...

Apr 20, 2014, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FFRF wants Chaplain removed and that ]

oozing from every aspect of that so called church

James Trapp is the chaplain, now. Thank God...

Apr 20, 2014, 1:37 PM

wait I just got a letter from the FFRF that I am coercing players by thanking God on a message board.

Left out the part where some of the preachers on..

Apr 20, 2014, 1:41 PM

their staff stalked a professor from Anderson, sent him gay ####, posted the names of his wife and child along with their addresses on twitter, and one of their staff members directly interfered and swayed a young lady to give up her baby for adoption to them instead of the Anderson professor. Real scumbags from NewSpring.

Re: Left out the part where some of the preachers on..

Apr 20, 2014, 1:44 PM

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic