Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does everything Dabo organizes have to be Baptist?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Why does everything Dabo organizes have to be Baptist?

Apr 16, 2014, 8:18 PM

I don't really have a problem with what he does but it seems he pushes everything to be of his denomination. So how does that make any Catholics, Methodists, etc... on the team feel? Aaron Kelly did say there are times he felt uncomfortable. If Dabo wants to do what he's doing then he should be willing a couple of other Sundays to offer to get a group to check out some other churches if he's truly trying to help young men find the Christian religion. I do have a problem with him making this comment a few months back ""I've had Muslims, Catholics-I've got two Mormons on this team right now," What the hell does that mean? He's lumping anyone who isn't Baptist into one giant pool?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert

Apr 16, 2014, 8:22 PM

anyone. He is just being himself, being a Christian, and inviting anyone to attend church with him that wants to.

I mean, I'm a Methodist. If I asked a friend to attend church with me, I would take them to MY CHURCH. Not another denomination's church down the street so they can see what that one is like.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert

Apr 16, 2014, 8:23 PM

Which is why it's inappropriate for him, as a football coach, to invite any of his players to a religious function. He's going to be biased to his own worldview, so it's best that he doesn't do anything but coach football.

The key word there is INVITE. Not force, not coerce. Is

Apr 16, 2014, 8:28 PM

the lady working at the SC Unemployment office not allowed to invite one of her subordinates to her church?

Same difference, he's just high profile.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Apr 16, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

> Which is why it's inappropriate for him, as a
> football coach, to invite any of his players to a
> religious function. He's going to be biased to his
> own worldview, so it's best that he doesn't do
> anything but coach football.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any individual - no matter his/her position - inviting someone to go to church. I can't believe that this screwed up culture has deteriorated to the point where that is in question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2014, 8:33 PM

When he does it on the practice field, in team meetings, etc., it is inappropriate. On his own time he's allowed to do what he wants.

^^^^^^^^^ Found one !!!! Good grief, man. YOU CANNOT BE

Apr 16, 2014, 10:44 PM

SERIOUS ???!!!!

Beyond stunning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: ^^^^^^^^^ Found one !!!! Good grief, man. YOU CANNOT BE

Apr 16, 2014, 11:17 PM

Found one what? BTW, is your real name McEnroe?

Tell 'em capon

Apr 17, 2014, 1:22 AM

lbc

Re: ^^^^^^^^says 1 of the most feathered coots on-board :-j

Apr 17, 2014, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^^^^^^^ Found one !!!! Good grief, man. YOU CANNOT BE ]

seriously, don't give cootish opinion on stuff that doesn't involve your team ;)

what if he is on his ow time standing on practice field?

Apr 16, 2014, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

seriously?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: so you NEVER, EVER wanna hear ANYTHING you don't like

Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

or may be even the slightest bit uncomfortable with stuff...and THAT'S against your/everyone's constitutional rights???

sorry, but shut the f**k up bobby...you're the worst kind of hypocrite! i'm offended by what YOU said!!!
therefore you should be banned & censored for your rhetoric!

am i doin' it rite? :)

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

I can believe it ... Evil is rampant calling itself "good"***

Apr 16, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

so because he is a football coach at a public university

Apr 16, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

means he cant practice his religion?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: so because he is a football coach at a public university

Apr 16, 2014, 10:38 PM

I don't see how you came to that conclusion based on the statement. The poster said nothing about Dabo not being able to practice his own religion.

Saban is that you

Apr 16, 2014, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

I don't care what my players do as long as they win while they are here. Its not my business what they do as long as they win for me. I don't care about them once they leave.

Re: Saban is that you

Apr 16, 2014, 8:42 PM

Being Christian isn't required to be a good person and stay out of trouble. Matter of fact, the prisons are filled with Christians.

Apr 16, 2014, 8:46 PM

You just said Dabo needs to only focus on football. So where did you get Christian from. I was talking about grades, someone wanting them to look past their football career.

Apr 16, 2014, 8:50 PM

You never mentioned anything about grades, or even implied it. You did, however, respond directly to my post about his religion. If you weren't trying to respond to that specific point then I don't know why you replied to my post.

Apr 16, 2014, 8:56 PM

No I replied to the football only part. Grades are not part of football and don't tell me you cant play without good grades. You and I both know that is happening. I like that dabo mentors kids who lets face it most of the time has a rough up bringing. He tries to show them the right path to be successful in life. That doesn't happen when a coach is a football only coach.

Apr 16, 2014, 8:59 PM

Of course it happens, but there's no evidence it's happened at Clemson. Grades ARE a part of college sports, so it's absolutely Dabo's business that his players are doing well academically. If one any of his players become academically ineligible, he's not doing his job as a coach.

Stark raving clueless. Under 25 and totally out of touch ?

Apr 16, 2014, 10:47 PM

Me thinks yes - beyond a shadow of a doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Stark raving clueless. Under 25 and totally out of touch ?

Apr 16, 2014, 10:51 PM

Nope, not in that demographic. You don't know me, why do you think you can assume anything?

Uhhhhh - because of the mindless drivel coming out of your

Apr 16, 2014, 10:56 PM

"mouth" ????

That'd be my first clue.

Re: Uhhhhh - because of the mindless drivel coming out of your

Apr 16, 2014, 10:58 PM

Right, because your mudslinging and name-calling makes you sound so much more mature. Grow up.

You have a friend that plays for Wofford & you are over 25 ?

Apr 16, 2014, 11:05 PM

Yeah - OK.

Re: You have a friend that plays for Wofford & you are over 25 ?

Apr 16, 2014, 11:08 PM

Yeah, he was a player at my high school after I graduated and was an assistant with the basketball team.

Any other questions, or would you like to keep digging that hole you're in?

What hole ? Lol . . .***

Apr 16, 2014, 11:09 PM

Re: What hole ? Lol . . .***

Apr 16, 2014, 11:13 PM

The fact that you keep calling me a liar and trying to call my character into question when you have only read a few posts on a message board. If you'd like to have a genuine discussion, feel free to T-mail me.

Ok bob Cobb from independence, mo. who is over 25. Let's

Apr 16, 2014, 11:27 PM

back up, ok ?

I have the distinct impression you are young. I am obviously - based on your word - wrong. I'm truly sorry for my mistaken "judgement".

My wrong first impression came from your statement that our coach has a biased world view / perception so therefore he should just stick to coaching football.

This statement makes me scratch my head because - of course - everybody understands that EVERYBODY has a biased world view and it will come out / manifest itself in ALL things this person does - their profession, their down time, their social interactions, etc.

You might as well just tell Dabo to quit being white .... or male .... or heterosexual - based on what I have seen from him consistently over the last 7 years.

EVERYONE is going to have a biased world view based on their experiences and their environment, etc.

Re: Ok bob Cobb from independence, mo. who is over 25. Let's

Apr 17, 2014, 1:49 AM

if i could only TU THAT^^^^ multiple times...

i couldn't tell you when it would stop!

Re: please t-mail me

Apr 17, 2014, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Re: What hole ? Lol . . .*** ]

i'm being serious & i want to know your real & heart-felt stance on the main topic of this thread.

Apr 16, 2014, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: You have a friend that plays for Wofford & you are over 25 ? ]

Dont feel bad man, I don't think I posted anything that was offensive, just asked an honest question and I've been called a name 3 times now on my post. What good Christain folks these people are. Unreal

Apr 16, 2014, 11:14 PM

If I let T-net dictate my mood, well, I'd be in a pretty sorry place, lol. Water off a duck's back, and all that.

Apr 16, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Saban is that you ]

No the prisons are full of gays.

Apr 16, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Saban is that you ]

How do you know Saban is that way? That's right, you dont.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

NOTHING says he can not invite ANYONE to church. INVITE

Apr 16, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

not FORCE. WOW!!!!!

State employee is a bigger issue than football coach.***

Apr 17, 2014, 2:25 AM [ in reply to Re: maybe... because he's Baptist? Dabo isn't trying to convert ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does everything Dabo organizes have to be Baptist?

Apr 16, 2014, 8:22 PM

Calm down and pull the G-string from your butt crack. I think all Dabo was trying to do was reflect the diversity of the team. He was basically just casually throwing out some other faiths and denominations within his own faith that are on the team and have no issues with his method of coaching.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I'm Catholic and I don't give a crap how he does it or

Apr 16, 2014, 8:25 PM

who he uses. If he isn't talking down other Christian groups or religion he can do what he wants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he beats the coots, he can push whatever he wants, I don't care, just beat the coots***

Apr 16, 2014, 8:44 PM

^^^^^^^ This, so much this. ^^^^^^^

Apr 16, 2014, 8:51 PM

nm

sounds as if he named at least 3 different pools. How do you

Apr 16, 2014, 8:45 PM

get that he's lumped every non-Baptist into one category??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: sounds as if he named at least 3 different pools. How do you

Apr 16, 2014, 9:19 PM

I grew up Catholic and had Baptists show up on my porch when I was 12 and pull me and my father out on the porch and they told my dad they were praying for me because I was going to hell for being Catholic. I am episcopal now but I can guarandamntee you if Steve Spurrier or anyone else said "Hell I have Baptist, Muslims, and Mormons" on my team, Perry Noble and every other Baptist would be out in full force going nuts that they were lumped in with Muslims and another religion that practices polygamy. You don't see the issue with his statement?

Apr 16, 2014, 9:24 PM

No I don't and I don't think they would say a thing about it. I don't find Baptist to be that sensitive.

Wow. Your arguments get crazier and crazier.***

Apr 16, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: sounds as if he named at least 3 different pools. How do you ]

Apr 16, 2014, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: sounds as if he named at least 3 different pools. How do you ]

Newspring is a nondenominational church.

Apr 16, 2014, 10:21 PM

Article states he's taken the entire team by bus to valley brook baptist on 3 occasions, so that's what I was basing it on. I saw nothing about Newspring

Apr 16, 2014, 10:44 PM

Well figure it out before you lump #### together.

Apr 16, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: sounds as if he named at least 3 different pools. How do you ]

episcopal? you sound like a ####### idiot! Lump that!

No. And do you even know what you are saying ?***

Apr 16, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: sounds as if he named at least 3 different pools. How do you ]

I find it odd that a thumbs up does not equate to

Apr 16, 2014, 9:21 PM

a point.....mmmmhhhhhhh. Something smells fishy

I find it interesting that Dabo spoke @ Grace Fellowship

Apr 16, 2014, 9:31 PM

church in Snellville Ga a few years ago. This is NOT a baptist church. Just saying. I think they go to Newspring and its definitely not a Baptist Church.

Truth is the last thing some posters want to know. Doesn't

Apr 16, 2014, 9:52 PM

help their rant.

Not that it matters but NewSpring teaches the Bible and

Apr 16, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to I find it interesting that Dabo spoke @ Grace Fellowship ]

reports their baptisms to a Baptist organization which might make them Baptist in some folks minds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The room between those three you mentioned don't have..

Apr 16, 2014, 9:38 PM

enough room to put a playing card between in the grand scheme of overall world religions.

Most likely only those who are members of those groups can cite the differences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not Baptist, and I'm not offended.

Apr 16, 2014, 9:49 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Why does everything Dabo organizes have to be Baptist?

Apr 16, 2014, 10:42 PM

Now post all of the rest of what he said and stop taking it out of context. What questions was he answering??

sorry....couldn't wait & read'em all!

Apr 17, 2014, 1:37 AM

i had to chime in earlier^^^^^^^^^

for some reason this makes me more opinionated...but then again, maybe it's the beer :)

That quote you mentioned...

Apr 17, 2014, 2:38 AM

It wouldn't make sense if you
don't have the context. He was
saying that in reference to the
fact that he doesn't care what
other people believe in that
play on his team. Did you read
the whole article?

Because the Bible talks about "John the BAPTIST?"

Apr 17, 2014, 8:02 AM

Not "John the Presbyterian," or "John the Methodist?"

LMAO

Apr 17, 2014, 8:07 AM

i hope this is a joke.

that was his work, not his denomination.

Baptist is actually the newest denomination and was founded by a group of people who split off from the Presbyterian Church. They literally took a tent, went across a river, and started preaching because they felt their church "had gotten too far away from the fundamentals".

Its an interesting story. You should read about it some time.

Presbyterians

Apr 17, 2014, 8:03 AM

are Baptists who can read.

maybe thats why he doesnt go there.

^^spelled it right^^

Apr 17, 2014, 8:09 AM

must be a presbebadarian

Re: ^^spelled it right^^

Apr 17, 2014, 8:12 AM