38 chatters in TigerActive   Go!  
Front Page » TigerNet Forums » Archives » Tiger Board Archive

Topic: Questions about offensive line future
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 8, 2012 9:10 PM by: ColumbiaTiger66
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

Back to [ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Re: Until we get physically stronger we will struggle. [1]
Posted: Dec 8, 2012 9:10 PM

I like what we are doing with the O-line. Using converted FBs like Tyler Shatley gives us pulling guards who know how to block. The downside is that FBs are getting harder to find given today's offenses.

I also like the fact that we are recruiting the best DEs we can fine - and a lot of them. Some of the HS DEs with the right body grow up in college to be good DTs and OTs. Some TEs do as well.

I gusee my point is that we need to recruit athletes who can play football - then sort 'em out after they spend some time at the trough and in the weight room.

Other than the big eaters, we still need athletes as WRs, RBs, DBs, TEs and DEs..... all the time with an eye on speed and aggressiveness.

Our O-line has done well this year. For the past 2 years, they pass-block as well as anyone. They could run-block a little better, but that might not come to pass until the O-line is upgraded a half-notch. But before that's the real problem, we need to resolve the DB issue and step up the LBs about a half-notch. Fix that and we're a solid top-10 team.

30 people have read this post