Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who cares about this LJC attendance prob? Aren't we going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Who cares about this LJC attendance prob? Aren't we going

Mar 3, 2014, 2:05 PM

to have about 3k fewer seats to worry about soon in the new coliseum? That should solve the problem. Lets talk about the real problem in the Athletic Dept and our decline in the CU/SCAR rivalry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties

Mar 3, 2014, 2:08 PM

to this state. Get degree and head on back to northeast never to set foot on campus again and never spend a dime to support school.

The % of instate students enrolled has been the

Mar 3, 2014, 2:12 PM

same for at least 30 years and it maybe even bit higher since the implementation of the bridge program which is almost all South Carolina kids.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Some who appear to be Instate actually are not...

Mar 3, 2014, 2:17 PM

Clemson will offer and give Instate Tuition to very high SAT and GPA students who are not from South Carolina in order to get the "best and brightest".

So they may count as an Instate but in reality are not.

They are still counted as out of state. the tuition waiver

Mar 3, 2014, 4:27 PM

is just another form of a scholarship.

Like the previous poster commented, the breakdown of in state/out of state students had stayed roughly the same since the last 15 or so years. (about 65/35%)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

That is great.....get gone and take all the others with them***

Mar 3, 2014, 2:13 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

Try again moron. I'm from out of state, return to Clemson

Mar 3, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

for 3-4 football games, the spring game, and donate to IPTAY and ClemsonFund.

I'm sick of the attitude that out of staters are the detriment to Clemson, because we're the ones supporting it more than in staters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Try again moron. I'm from out of state, return to Clemson

Mar 3, 2014, 2:21 PM

Thank you Soccerkrzy. My point exactly. I have met out of staters who care more about Clemson sports than kids from Anderson and Greenville. Why is that?

In a lot of cases out of staters care more...

Mar 3, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Try again moron. I'm from out of state, return to Clemson ]

because they can't count "it was just the in- state school," or "it's just a few miles from home" as reasons for going to Clemson. I suspect that a lot of out of state students, especially the guys, ended up at/ or knew about Clemson almost entirely because they knew about the sports programs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my main reasons was chasing my girlfriend (now wife)

Mar 3, 2014, 2:31 PM

here. She got a letter saying she was preliminarily (my new favorite made up word) accepted to Clemson if she applied her junior year. So we did a huge road trip hitting a bunch of schools along the way and whenever we got to Clemson (mid-May) it was an absolute gorgeous day and we both fell in love at that point.

That's when I learned they had one of the best Electrical Engineering programs on the east coast, so I was sold. The sports factor didn't hit home until my first game in Death Valley, then I was hooked forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a lot of friends who transferred in from the northeast

Mar 3, 2014, 2:35 PM

Every one of them transferred to Clemson because they wanted to be somewhere warmer with good football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties

Mar 3, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

Yeah that's not true. I'm from New England and had no Clemson ties before I came (Family in SC but they're all Georgia fans, go figure.) I am at every football game, camping for tickets, and have been to as many basketball games as possible over my past two seasons here. I have no intentions to move back home after graduating. I'm hoping to stay in the greater Charlotte/Greenville area upon graduating. What group am I in? Because I'll give my tickets to the kid from Greenville that gets drunk before the game, shows up late, and leaves early if you want me to.

Not to mention most of your immediate family and close

Mar 3, 2014, 2:21 PM

old friends are now Clemson fans too because of you right? At least that's what has happened to me.

Re: Not to mention most of your immediate family and close

Mar 3, 2014, 2:22 PM

Exactly. Friends and family back home who have never been to Clemson now scream and cheer for the Tigers when they are on tv.

Heck, one of my grandpas, who was a diehard Penn State

Mar 3, 2014, 2:25 PM

fan now watches every Clemson sporting event he can. He calls me every now and then to talk about the game. Only time he ever set foot on Clemson's campus was my graduation, and he absolutely loved it here. Then I took him for a round of golf at The Walker Course and it was all over.

Re: Heck, one of my grandpas, who was a diehard Penn State

Mar 3, 2014, 2:30 PM

My 75 year old Grandmother calls me every Sunday morning during the football season to tell me about "that #10 quarterback" or that " #2 guy with the long hair." She knows nothing about football, or any Clemson players but watched every game just to call me the next day to talk about it. It was pretty awesome haha.

Mar 3, 2014, 2:25 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

We have several FB players on our team from up
North.I think that they would take exception
to you calling them yankee's.Be kind my friend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 2:37 PM

Like Josh Watson or Ebenezer Ogundeko. Call one of those guys a yankee and make fun of where they are from and watch them break you in half. (Not directed at you irmotig.)

Mar 3, 2014, 3:34 PM

Right on,and after they finish,Chad will sweep up the
remains.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good job. Sounds like you really did your research.******

Mar 3, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

null

Y'all do realize Thomas was from Pa-his wife was a Calhoun.***

Mar 3, 2014, 4:28 PM

Re: I know of one yankee that I would like to leave. Not

Mar 3, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

calling any names

Re: I know several and they are avid Tiger fans.***

Mar 3, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

That's the Mickey Knee Jerk excuse...try again...***

Mar 3, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to The Yankee invasion of Clemson has hurt. Kids have no ties ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and hopefully 4G and some cup holders.***

Mar 3, 2014, 2:12 PM

and seats the size that will hold 2014 sized behinds.***

Mar 3, 2014, 2:15 PM

Re: Who cares about this LJC attendance prob? Aren't we going

Mar 3, 2014, 2:17 PM

Those who don't show up now will be complaining like crazy in two years when they can't get tickets. Plus they will really cry with they get the corner seats!!

It will really be a HOT ticket when Duke,UNC,Syracuse and

Mar 3, 2014, 2:23 PM

Louisville come to town.

Re: Who cares about this LJC attendance prob? Aren't we going

Mar 3, 2014, 4:18 PM

Lets' talk about the Athletic Department and attendance. If you are not a member of IPTAY you are a second class fan. I'm retired, not a member, but may be soon, and it is a pain in the ars to get tickets to anything. They really need to address the Senior Market as we have lots of bucks to spend but can't now without a lot of hoops to jump thru.

Re: Re: Who cares about this LJC attendance prob? Aren't we going

Mar 3, 2014, 4:31 PM

James you make the most senseless comments...you want tickets, have plenty of money , not Iptay member but MAY join soon? Yet you complain the athletic dept should make it easier for you? Are you sober?

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic