Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An open Letter to David Hood (and all interested T'netters)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

An open Letter to David Hood (and all interested T'netters)

Mar 28, 2012, 1:07 AM

‘Deer’ David,

In 1977, I returned to Clemson for my second “stint” in the College of Architecture. That fall, the Clemson Tigers football team defeated the Georgia Bulldogs and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets on the road on back-to-back weekends. This was so exciting that I was motivated to keep those Sunday newspapers for their accounts of these games; that evolved into my first scrapbook. Eventually, as this hobby grew, I was not only saving articles during the season but also began clipping articles relative to the football team during the off-season.

Pictured below are 4 years of my football scrapbooks (1980, 1981, 1982 & 1984). When compiling my scrapbooks back then, I had little idea that they may be useful 30 years hence as a resource in the pursuit of equity. With that said, I will be pleased to make them available to you, if you desire, for researching the published chronicles of the NCAA and ACC penalties and probation on the Clemson University football program from 1982-84. This topic appears to be of great interest to many in the Clemson family as well as some others throughout the conference footprint. The scrapbooks contain daily newspaper reports from various newspapers (mostly The Greenville News and Greenville Piedmont, but also from The State and Charlotte Observer) and/or other sources (magazines, etc.), as well as Tiger memorabilia and personal mementos.

I have previously posted a few articles regarding this subject when it was topical to other posts. If you believe that this resource can be of some value to you, then please respond to this post or T-mail me. I will be pleased to assist in your efforts as well as those of this fan base in pursuit of an equitable justice, one which is applied with the same standard upon all institutions which are members in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An open Letter to David Hood (and all interested T'netters)

Mar 28, 2012, 7:40 AM

OK, Mr. Hood, make the rubber hit the road !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to read the article that says, " ACC chief

Mar 28, 2012, 7:44 AM

admits.........". If he admits they fumbled our appeal, why did they add an extra year?

Oh, I get it. Swofford's stance will now be, " We learned

Mar 28, 2012, 7:45 AM

from the mistakes we made with Clemson, therefore I personally interceded on behalf of North Carolina so that our Flagship University would benefit from Clemson's misfortune.

That was a controversy back then. There are articles where

Mar 28, 2012, 8:56 AM [ in reply to I would like to read the article that says, " ACC chief ]

the ACC Chief said, "I never said that." The newspaper that reported it stood by their story...

Also, they didn't add the extra year after the appeals. They had added the extra year and then we appealed, and then he said they fumbled the appeals, and then he said, "I never said that."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As requested . . .

Mar 28, 2012, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I would like to read the article that says, " ACC chief ]

Admittedly, that scrapbook was strategically opened to that article . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2012, 7:51 AM

Wow... that sounds a lot like reading between the lines after 2011 play in basketball schedule was revamped for the NCAA tourney. "We screwed Clemson, but we will do better next time"

(could be read... at screwing Clemson)

Never forget "girdle gate"

Re: Girdle Gate

Mar 28, 2012, 8:37 AM

He(Swofford) loved punishing Clemson until he found at UNCheat was also wearing girdles.....CLASSIC SWOFFORD.

That is exactly what I was thinking. They were going to

Mar 29, 2012, 9:27 PM

stick it to Clemson, even though everyone was wearing the same pads that BASKETBALL players wear under their shorts, UNTIL the UNC players showed up in the same pads. Then,it was, NO HARM,NO FOUL.Issss Alllll Goooood Bra.

these same phone calls need to be going out to

Mar 28, 2012, 8:43 AM

the media at the Greenville News, Charleston Post, Spartanburg, Anderson

lets hear why none of these weak ### reporters are not calling for answers

and

making calls to the former ADs to hear what happen in the meetings and who called them

Mar 28, 2012, 8:48 AM

I see a "Greenville Piedmont" paper in that collection. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Didn't that late afternoon edition cease to exist? I can still remember the old guy on Main Street selling those afternoon papers yelling "Piedmont, Piedmont, get your Piedmont".

This will be interesting.

Impressive Sir.******

Mar 28, 2012, 9:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^200% All in^^^***

Mar 28, 2012, 10:11 AM

Clemson

I still have the Roar From the Top magazine.***

Mar 28, 2012, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Update: An open Letter to David Hood . . .

Mar 28, 2012, 4:05 PM

Mr. Hood has contacted me via T-Mail, and I have replied. He is obviously working hard on this; more updates may follow as appropriate. Thanks to all for the TUs and comments.

Awesome, I would love for Swoffturd to at least

Mar 28, 2012, 5:34 PM

make a public statement regarding the issue instead of his deafening silence.

Re: Awesome, I would love for Swoffturd to at least

Mar 28, 2012, 8:35 PM

Tiger Twice, thank you for this information. A special thanks for being willing to share it for this cause! I told this Amy I talked to on the phone at the ACC office that I dont want revenge, I want justice. This will definitely help!

Who is David Hood? and why doens't he come on here

Mar 28, 2012, 9:08 PM

and give the fans an update on what he's doing, what kind of response he has gotten, and what he will try to do in the future.

Is he also trying to talk with the Clemson AD at the time to see what he says and the other ADs at the other schools during that time.

He writes the articles we read on here. And he does/will

Mar 29, 2012, 8:30 AM

post on here. He'll have our update soon.

thanks, shows you how much attention I pay to who

Mar 29, 2012, 10:35 AM

writes articles on here

Turn in your TNET card or have it revoked. Those are your

Mar 29, 2012, 9:29 PM

options.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive