Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension

Jun 7, 2012, 10:15 PM

The accomplishments he has had in only 3.5 years is impressive. So why are there so many Dabo bashers on this board? He's done more than anyone has done in the last 20 years. Does this negativity towards Dabo come simply from his record against SCAR?

Some of you act like you would rather be 3-9 as long as one of the wins was SCAR. Oh, and don't add in the OB blowout. Sure that was ugly, but at least he got there. If you're going to complain about the OB loss then wouldn't any negativity be nullified by the fact that at least he got there for the first time in 30 years.

If you think about it, the Dabo bashers must be that way because of his record against SCAR because where else is there to find a lot of fault. Of course if Dabo was only winning 4 or 5 games but beating SCAR the Dabo bashers would complain he is not winning enough, with legitimate reason. But all this makes me realize that the only way that Dabo can make the bashers happy is to win 10+ games and beat SCAR.

So there you go Dabo. All you have to do is practically run the table every year and beat SCAR and you'll get these people off your back.

Since Mack Brown is having difficulty doing the same thing at friggin' TEXAS (the wealthiest football program in the country), maybe some of you bashers should start being more realistic and appreciate what Dabo has accomplished.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension

Jun 7, 2012, 10:17 PM

Beat someone with a pulse. Don't shout stats or top 25 wins. Beat someone who is actually good.

Speaking of pulse.....***

Jun 7, 2012, 10:18 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn was good enough to beat you coots at your house,

Jun 7, 2012, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension ]

and at the time we put them down they were top 20, reigning national champs, and hadn't lost a game since 2009. Is that what you mean by beating someone with a pulse?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hahaha, coots havent beaten Auburn since Hoover was the pres***

Jun 7, 2012, 11:02 PM

Yeah, like a ranked team....

Jun 7, 2012, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension ]

whoops, i forgot, he did that four times this past year alone...my bad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No top 20 teams, no top 25 OOC***

Jun 8, 2012, 12:15 AM

Re: No top 20 teams, no top 25 OOC***

Jun 8, 2012, 7:56 AM

Can you read??? He beat 4 lastyear

Not that finished ranked. Finals rankings reveal how good a

Jun 9, 2012, 3:41 AM

team really was. Its pretty much universally accepted that preseason polls are bogus and polls don't start being somewhat accurate till at least mid season. There have been ears we started the season highly ranked and finished ranked, and vice versa. The only way to judge the quality of a season is to look at your schedule strength, the final record of your opponents, and the final AP/BCS/RPI rankings. The rest is hype and BS!!

We did not beat anyone in the final top 20, and there were no OOC top 25 wins, and we had 3 top 25 wins not 4 based on the final poll, all vs. ACC teams, FSU & VT 2x. So 3 wins, but only 2 teams in the top 25, zero top 20.

http://www.collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/seasons.cfm?seasonid=2011

Would any of those teams been top 20

Jun 9, 2012, 9:02 AM

If we HADN'T beaten them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 AM [ in reply to No top 20 teams, no top 25 OOC*** ]

FSU was top 20, VT was top 20 BOTH times.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 AM

Auburn was top 20 as well, but I'll give you that they were very over rated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What matters is where were they ranked to end the season***

Jun 9, 2012, 3:31 AM [ in reply to Re: No top 20 teams, no top 25 OOC*** ]

Jun 7, 2012, 10:23 PM

He has done okay...he is winning the games he should win.. that is something TB didn't always do.. on the negative, DB teams have problems with physical teams...

last, and most important in most fans eyes, he is losing to USc.... not competitively but getting blown out....he has to show he can beat USC before he gets the real love, imo.

Jun 8, 2012, 2:16 AM

Winning the games that he should win? WVA.and NC State say hello!

Jun 8, 2012, 7:57 AM

FSU, Auburn, VT 2 times says Shut Up

Jun 8, 2012, 8:05 AM

don' t be fooled by the name...

those were not great fb teams...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2012, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension ]

And loosing to the coots three in a row back at you!

Jun 8, 2012, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension ]

N.C. state and G.T. 2011? usf?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2012, 11:07 PM

Mack Brown has actually won a National Championship.

Jun 7, 2012, 11:17 PM

It took him 22 years to do it though. At the same point in his career Mack Brown had an 11-22 record.

Kaboom!!***

Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2012, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension ]

Don't bore everyone with the "minor" details.
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't handed a team ready to win like dabo***

Jun 8, 2012, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: If you read the article regarding Dabo's contract extension ]

Re: He wasn't handed a team ready to win like dabo***

Jun 8, 2012, 7:58 AM

Yeah Texas has never had players

What a moron

Actualy they were very inconsistent for years and not even

Jun 9, 2012, 3:47 AM

ranked the year before Brown was hired.

I wouldn't call myself a Dabo basher, but I'm critical...

Jun 7, 2012, 11:42 PM

Why? I'll give you one reason: Consistency.

What is the one quality that I see in all of the elite teams around the country? Consistency.

We lack consistency.

2009 was a not a good season. That team, with Ford and Spiller, should have been better. Coaching cost us both GT games. I don't care how talented Dwyer, Nesbit, whoever were, we were still more talented, but our coaches couldn't figure out the option. Losing to a pathetically terrible 2-10 Maryland team was completely unacceptable. We were definitely better than the 2009 SCAR squad as well.

2010, first losing season in forever. Slow start to the season, but credit where credit is due, we looked like a tough team at Auburn and we should have won that game, but Auburn had a special team that year. We dropped the next two due to being flat--to me that's on the coach. You have to get the guys up for the next game. I think Dabo has trouble motivating his teams. How else do you explain these up and down performances? We win a few and finally gain some momentum and then drop a game to the frickin' worst BC team in the last 10 years. How does that happen? Not to mention the blow out to SCAR at home. Lackluster, unmotivated performance in the bowl game.

2011, well that's fresh in everyone's minds. A young team and overall, definitely a successful season, but I can't be the only person who was left with a bad taste in his mouth at season's end. Folding against NC State and WVU was disgraceful. Another SCAR blowout as well.

The biggest complaint under TB was that it appeared like we had become a "finesse" team. A Clemson team that lacked the toughness and grittiness that the Clemson teams of the 80s and early 90s had. Well, I'm still waiting for that toughness to come back, especially on the lines. If anything, we look like an even more finesse team under Dabo. It was disconcerting watching us get man handled by SCAR, not to mention the lackluster performances (specifically with regards to the lines) against Troy, Wofford and other "lesser" teams.

There's a lot of things to like about Dabo. He's young and motivated. He's a great guy, with a great story, and I believe he is a winner. What I mean by that is there are just some people that have it. I've come across a few people like this in life and they just have that quality, that drive, that ultimately makes them a highly successful individual. I think Dabo has it, but I just don't know if I feel like waiting for "it" to develop into whatever makes us better than just good. I want to be elite now. I'm not asking to be Alabama or anything. But there's no way we're not capable of being a perennial top 15 team year in, year out, and being in the hunt for a MNC every 4-5 years or so. Bring on the thumbs down. Just my humble opinion.

Point. Spot on.***

Jun 8, 2012, 12:19 AM

Re: I wouldn't call myself a Dabo basher, but I'm critical...

Jun 8, 2012, 2:19 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't call myself a Dabo basher, but I'm critical... ]

Great post!

oklahoma state says hi.

Jun 8, 2012, 7:12 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't call myself a Dabo basher, but I'm critical... ]

you remember why they didn't play for the mnc? isu comes to mind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was one, double-overtime loss, against a 6-7 Big XII

Jun 8, 2012, 2:49 PM

team, in the midst of a school tragedy.

It was a bad loss, no doubt, but you can't seriously be comparing that loss to a Maryland team who's only other win was James Madison, are you? Are you comparing that loss to a BC team who's only other wins at the time were Kent and Weber State?

They are not analogous.

Clemson undoubtedly has issues with consistent level of play and unfortunately that's why we've earned the aphorism "pulling a Clemson". We have a national rep for choking away games to inferior opponents. I know it's tough to take, but it's true. It goes back years and years. I'm not talking about our loss to GT last year, for example. Those types of losses happen. I'm talking about losses to grossly inferior opponents. It is a real problem and it needs to be recognized as such by this staff and dealt with accordingly.

I, for one, will not be satisfied with this staff until we can achieve some semblance of consistency.

He's got to beat Carolina this year.....

Jun 8, 2012, 12:36 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't call myself a Dabo basher, but I'm critical... ]

I can't take any more of their s#&%.

I hate to agree with you...but

Jun 8, 2012, 12:03 AM

Judging our success only compared on the Shamecocks' success is not how we should be going about things. Tigernet represents some of the most rabid Clemson fans, but I think we get carried away comparing ourselves with how the coots are doing. Sure we want to beat them, but we have to objectively evaluate our teams' success independent of whether we win or lose that one game in November.

Just because Usuck has won national championships in baseball (hard for any program to match that) and built a team competitive enough to win football games in the SEC doesn't mean our program has regressed as a direct result.

Our football program looks as strong as it has since I've been alive. We've won our first conference title in 20 years and pays its coaching staff better than any team in the nation. Our baseball team struggled this year compared to expectations, but there's no reason to panic just because the Coots are better at this point in time. Maybe we should the coots a little credit for actually turning this sports rivalry into a real rivalry instead of clamoring to rage fire all of our coaches.

Football is weak and soft. Baseball has been in decline for

Jun 8, 2012, 12:21 AM

10 years. Go look at the numbers.

Introspective evaluation. Go look in the mirror.***

Jun 8, 2012, 8:16 AM

Clemson and Dabo are a work in progress ...

Jun 8, 2012, 12:04 AM

1) TB recommended Dabo as his replacement to TDP. With Dabo's low salary reqts and TB making more for not coaching than Dabo was making for coaching, Dabo was a economical choice for TDP.
2) We are still no tougher than TB years. but based on Dabo's recruiting excellence, we are more talented.
3) The results against SC the past 3 years and most of our team quitting on Dabo and themselves in Orange Bowl last year is having an adverse impact on recruiting thus far BUT a great 2012 season changes everything.

If Dabo has shown Clemson anything ... HE CAN RECRUIT! I am looking for Dabo and his excellently selected coordinators to take our Tigers another step forward in 2012. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's recruiting classes' avg rank is almost identical to

Jun 8, 2012, 12:30 AM

TB's last 3 classes. If you average ESPN, Rivals, & Scout, TB's last 3 classes and Dabo's last 3 are all between 12 & 15. None were consensus top 10. Only ESPN ranked any of our classes in the top 10. Scout & Rivals have been around the longest and are the best. ESPN is pretty new to all this.

TB had his best class in the works when he left, which Dabo failed to hold together despite pumpers saying he would b/c they gave all the credit to Dabo for TB's classes, which we found out was incorrect. That class fell apart and wasn't even in the top 30.

Jun 8, 2012, 12:11 AM

Best post of the day.
REALITY.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of pulse.....***

Jun 8, 2012, 12:19 AM

Speaking of why don't I have a pulse ? Teed this one up nice like but am actually being serious

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has done an ok job

Jun 8, 2012, 8:08 AM

But like it or not u cannot get beat by your rival every year and have blowouts like that of the ob on a national stage. I love my tigers and I will go with what we got but have never liked it from day 1. Look at it this way. DS won the acc in only his third year yet not 1 program in all of football inquired about him for vacant coaching opportunities. He is not on any list of the good coaches out there. In my view DS hac got to beat the coots this year.....it's a must win or this place will go nuts.

Top of the list for Bobby Dodd "Coach of the Year".***

Jun 8, 2012, 8:20 AM

Oh how quickly we forget about a man named Steele....

Jun 8, 2012, 10:57 AM

Football 101: There are 3 "squads" to a team. Offense, defense, and special teams.

Why did we lose to GT, NCSU, USuC, WVU?

I'll give you a hint: It wasn't Dwayne, Sammy, Nuke, or Tajh that let a cumulative 172 points get scored on them...

When our defense was on last year, we could not be stopped. We showed that we had talent at just about every position and we could make plays when our guys were prepared with a good strategy. But for the past 3 seasons under Steele, we couldn't figure out the option, we struggled with fundamentals in tackling, and we lacked consistency. We were graced with such amazing talent (Andre, Da'quan, Jenkins, Hamlin, Clemmons) that some of these flaws that effected the team as a whole were masked by the raw talent of our play makers, but if the top performers had a down week, our flaws were disgusting like a bad case of oral herpes on a sorority girls.

I have high hopes that with the changing of the guard, Venables is going to right this ship. As we trim the fat, get back to basics, and simplify our schemes, I'm betting money that you will see a much harder, tougher Tiger D on the field in the next year or two. And we all know that that type of attitude and toughness will wear off on the entire team. We have the talent, I believe we now have the right coaching staff- so get ready for a different team this year, boys.

Exactly, he won COTY yet not one school in the country that

Jun 9, 2012, 3:58 AM [ in reply to Dabo has done an ok job ]

takes football seriously would interview him for OC much less HC if we fired him. That tells you all you need to know. We will have more trouble keeping Morris and he was coaching high school kids just a few years ago.

Jun 8, 2012, 12:52 PM

Too true - beat 10+ teams a year and make dang sure one of those wins is against the chickens and that MIGHT get the haters of his back. Although this year we will beat USuC and most likely lose to FSU in Tallahassee, get left out of the ACCCG, and that will fuel another post-season grumblefest over Dabo for 2013.

Jun 8, 2012, 5:10 PM

Is his buyout like Tommy's was? Not bashing. Just asking because I don't see anything on it.

Three letters.

Jun 9, 2012, 8:05 AM

U, S and C.

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic