Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney talks bowl game, Kyle Parker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Dec 6, 2010, 10:28 AM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney met with the media Monday morning, and he said that quarterback Kyle Parker will be the starter, and that a win is the best way to prepare for next season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and here we go battle of the pumpers and the naysayers

Dec 6, 2010, 10:34 AM

best of luck to both sides

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and here we go battle of the pumpers and the naysayers

Dec 6, 2010, 10:42 AM

I have supported Dabo in everything he has done or wanted to do since day one!!! This however is where I draw the line! We as a team shoudl take this bowl game win or lose as an opportunity to move forward and prepare for next year! I have nothing against KP and appreciate everything the kid has done for Clemson! This is a HUGE mistake and is not fair to CLEMSON and it's loyal fans!!! What a waste of valuable practice and playing time for our team!!! I think it's time to say farewell to KP as his future is in baseball and not CLEMSON!!!!

I love !!!!!!!!

Dec 6, 2010, 10:43 AM

Please give me more "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dec 6, 2010, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: and here we go battle of the pumpers and the naysayers ]

theres the first shot!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2010, 10:42 AM [ in reply to and here we go battle of the pumpers and the naysayers ]

and I am neither one - just a lifelong Clemson fan. GO TIGERS -that is all.

Parker to start. Great.

Dec 6, 2010, 10:46 AM [ in reply to and here we go battle of the pumpers and the naysayers ]

Next year will be even worse. Tougher Schedule and Napier = same BS all over again.

I really do not think the players want to play with Parker and that is where all these offensive issues are rooted.

Re: Parker to start. Great.

Dec 6, 2010, 11:02 AM

Why do we have a tougher schedule next year? We play most of our tough teams at home next year, not on the road.

Dec 6, 2010, 1:00 PM

@USC
@VT
@GT

We didn't play very well on the road this year and lost two games against "tough" teams at home this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2010, 1:02 PM

Don't forget @NCST or FSU and Auburn coming into the Valley to play next year. Something tells me 21 points won't beat most of these teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2010, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Parker to start. Great. ]

its not like the teams magically begin to suck when they walk into death valley. a good/tough team plays good no matter where they are!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2010, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Parker to start. Great. ]

What I love about this is if we had beat UNC and BC and been in the ACCCG nobody would care if Boyd got playing time in the bowl game or not. Nobody would care if KP smart mouthed Dabo on the sideline. In fact most would probably even say Dabo deserved it.

The way I see it is it's Dabo's job on the line. If he wants to start Kyle, fine. If he wants to keep Napier, fine. We should all know by now that Dabo is pretty stubborn and he's going to do it his way. It's his team and his choice.

I hate losing just like everybody else on here and I'll even b**** and moan about how I think we should've done this and should've done that. And even though it might make me feel better the fact is it ain't gonna change a thing. So if this is the way Dabo wants to play it, that's fine. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt him.

Dec 6, 2010, 4:34 PM

If we win, then there is a method to his madness. But we didn't win. So it's just madness.

I incorporate herein all my previous posts. Tada!

Dec 6, 2010, 11:08 AM [ in reply to and here we go battle of the pumpers and the naysayers ]

Now I don't have to make the same arguments for 2 days.

Re: Swinney talks bowl game, Kyle Parker

Dec 6, 2010, 11:15 AM

IMO, this is a HORRIBLE DECISION!!! I really think that ever since Parker was injured in the Auburn game, he has been playing timidly. Tajh Boyd is our QB of the future and the future should start NOW!

unreal...

Dec 6, 2010, 4:39 PM

Seriously?! A Parker led win against Southern Florida is better heading into next year than allowing Boyd to get a start under his belt and the first team reps for the next month of practice? Boyd looked far better at the end of the USC game. Shoot, he was 10 of 18 with at least 2 absolutely criminal drops by the wideouts. I must admit, I fooled myself into believing Dabo was going to make a smart decision on this one.

Throwing your kicker under the bus? stay classy Bado***

Dec 6, 2010, 11:15 AM

Facts are facts.***

Dec 6, 2010, 11:24 AM

Re: Facts are facts.***

Dec 6, 2010, 4:35 PM

What about the Kyle Parker facts? Reading this you'd think he was the next Manning or something.

Re: Throwing your kicker under the bus? stay classy Bado***

Dec 6, 2010, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Throwing your kicker under the bus? stay classy Bado*** ]

He spoke of being inside the 20 for the six missed kicks. Real problem is why lean on the kicking team in the red zone? We missed a lot of TD red zone opportunities this year.

Dec 6, 2010, 11:18 AM

And the Mickey Mouse Operation continues!! Why in the heck would you start Parker?? There is not ONE legitimate reason why you should!! Frustrating!

Dec 6, 2010, 11:22 AM

Best Opportunity to Win - REALLY? If I remember right Clemson has 6 wins & 6 losses with one quality win against NC State.
If Parker is the best QB for the bowl game what does this say about Boyd? Parker has been inconsistent all year! Boyd wasn't stellar in last performance, but better than Parker. Why not have the best QB in practice start?
Dabo is apparently way to loyal to his players (even babying them) & coaches and if he stays this way it will be reason for his quick ending as head coach. FYI Dabo Parker is not a SENIOR! Nor should he be treated as one - he didn't earn that chance... The real seniors gave 4-5 years of their selves to Clemson. No offense to Parker just stating the truth. He seems like a good kid that showed his loyalty by staying, but that doesn't earn you a starting job!
He seems to be showing a lot of favoritism to his stars, which might make others envious. You can win without the 5 stars - look at Iowa as Mickey has pointed out on numerous occasions.

Message to Dabo:

Dec 6, 2010, 11:24 AM

You'll see 11,998 of those 12k you're expecting. More important things to do on New Year's than drive less than half the distance than all the home games I went to. I want to enjoy my new year. I'm done with this train wreck. I'm sure all you pumpers will miss me, so save your carpal tunnels. :)

I'll buy a coach's shirt (I'm just as qualified to complain with the same attire right?) next year to support the team, but no more $2k.

I would love to see the KP decision blow up in Dabo's face AGAIN! Get him Tajh, all the 'true fans' know who's the best chance of winning.

Go Tigers! (those loyal to the school/team/fans)

did Dabo respond***

Dec 6, 2010, 4:39 PM

Kyle should start

Dec 6, 2010, 11:25 AM

Bowl games are a reward to your players an Kyle Parker is the qb why would he not start? I hope Tajh gets lots of work but is that really the precedent we want to set is once we can't win a championship we give up on you. Come on we are Clemson, we are better than that. Go Tigers and I for one hope Kyle has a career day!

20 years not giving up and counting...***

Dec 6, 2010, 11:52 AM

Good news is

Dec 6, 2010, 11:46 AM

Noon kickoff- very used to that
UConn beat USF without scoring an offensive touchdow-- So we got a shot!

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Re: Good news is

Dec 6, 2010, 11:53 AM

You people are blind. Roll right and throw an incomplete pass on 3rd down is the way to go.

Re: Good news is

Dec 6, 2010, 2:54 PM

> You people are blind. Roll right and throw an
> incomplete pass on 3rd down is the way to go.

This is EXACTLY what we will see. Roll right....run backwards 20 yards...throw across self for an interception.

The way KP left the last game....Boyd needs to start. I cannot even believe that Dabo Wabo still thinks this is the best opportunity to win.....more like best opportunity for the opposing team to know exactly what we are going to do.

This is a disgrace.

blame the kicker w/o ever mentioning the 10 INTs by somebody***

Dec 6, 2010, 11:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Just curious, how many on those INT's were in the redzone?***

Dec 6, 2010, 12:05 PM

one was in SCAR's redzone! Got them 6***

Dec 6, 2010, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dabo slaps Boyd in the face again

Dec 6, 2010, 12:01 PM

it's pretty insulting to Boyd that Dabo keeps saying that KP gives us the best chance to win. KP has sucked

You mean sucked out loud.***

Dec 6, 2010, 12:18 PM

Want to know how to avoid missing kicks?

Dec 6, 2010, 1:19 PM

Having an offense that can actually get into the end zone.

Dec 6, 2010, 1:20 PM

I read a with awe these messages from "TIGER FAN CRITICS" who seem to have all the answers . I have seen the same thing with every coach ! lose a couple of games or players make some missed plays that could have won the game "not the coaches fault" and I often wonder how many years these "FANS"had as Head Football Coach or What Position they played during their college football career ! And I wonder what happened with the coots embarrassing loss to Auburn, Maybe they will replace the Old Ball Coach Before the Bowl Game , That Game made him look he is an incompetent Head Coach , Results!!!!! playing a good team poor performance on players part = LOSS

Dec 6, 2010, 3:21 PM

The fans have every right to express their opinion no matter how smart or stupid their opinion. Playing in college or being a past head coach has no ties to how well someone knows the game! Yes there are stupid criticisms, but a person that supports, watches games, pays for merchandise and tickets has a right to critize or cheer no matter what! I've had the pleasure of being around many NFL football players and coaches, and I will tell you I've played with kids in High School that know X's & O's better than a small percentage of these NFL players, but didn't have the athletic ability to move on.
I personally don't want to see Dabo fired, but I do think he has got to make changes in his current system to be successful. I and most others on here realize players make mistakes, but Dabo has made quite a few this year (if you haven't seen these you are blind). It's amazing how fast he pulled the elder receivers at beginning of season (he should have), and pulling kicker. However, KP has stayed in with a lot of bone head decisions. If Dabo is going to treat him like a senior than KP needed to be responsible and play like one and he did not! Clemson has a lot of talent, and I do think its a coaches responsibility to get the most out of his players, and this year I didn't see that established from Coaching on a near enough consistent basis.

Re: Kyle Parker should start

Dec 6, 2010, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney talks bowl game, Kyle Parker ]

Agreed !we want tomwin -not sure we can do that with Tajh.

Napier will be here next year

Dec 6, 2010, 1:28 PM

Reading his comments (and what's been said during the year) I think Dabo puts the blame purely on bad execution. Maybe next year he won't meddle with the play calling as much, but I'd be surprised if Napier is gone unless he gets the Furman job. Nevermind, I'd still be surprised.

Pump! Pump! Pump it up!***

Dec 6, 2010, 1:38 PM

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Dec 6, 2010, 1:39 PM

Dabo reminds us again how stupid he is. How can he rationalize bringing back Napier and starting Parker?

Vs SCar: Parker completed 41%, 1 INT, Boyd 56%, O INT.

Dec 6, 2010, 2:27 PM

Vs. SCar:
Parker was 7/17 (41%) with 1TD and 1INT (6%).
Boyd was 10/18 with 0TD and 0INT (0%).

So in roughly equal numbers of passes against the same opponent, it looks like Boyd did better in passing. I'm not sure if Boyd had the advantage of playing against more 2nd stringers late in the game because SCar was up big. But Boyd had the disadvantage of playing from behind so SCar's defense knew to drop more defenders into pass coverage. (When Boyd was in, there were 22 passes and 8 rushes, whereas when Parker was in there were 17 passes and 15 rushes.) I'd say that Boyd also had the disadvantage of not getting as many 1st-team practice reps in preparation for SCar. So again, based on SCar, it looks like Boyd is a better passer than Parker, but it's hard to say for sure based on half a game each.

Obviously there's a lot more than goes into quarterbacking than passing, so I don't know which QB gives the team a better chance to win... and ultimately that needs to be the decision point since the players (especially the seniors) deserve to go out with a bowl win rather than taking a loss in order to prepare for next season. But if it's about equal between Parker & Boyd, then I'd say prepare for the future and (practice and) play Boyd. Clemson should handily beat USF no matter with either QB, so why not get Boyd ready?

Sadly, in light of our coaches giving Ellington & Harper equal carries, playing Ashe & Dye over Hopkins & McNeal, etc., I have no confidence that Dabo & Napier will play the QB that gives Clemson the best chance to win. I think they're inclined to let things like seniority, loyalty, concerns about hurt-feelings cloud their judgment on personnel decisions.

Dec 6, 2010, 2:42 PM

Good for Swinney naming KP the starter in the bowl game. If I remember, KP did not drop the passes or miss the field goal attempts this year. A winner learns from their mistakes and the Clemson team made many mistakes so they have a lot to learn. (The emphasis being "team mistakes"). I read somewhere during 2010 that talent is only the beginning. With all the talent on the Clemson team this year, they need to learn how to be winners to go with the talent.

Didn't make the most accurate throws either.***

Dec 6, 2010, 4:41 PM

FACT: FG kicking ruined our season***

Dec 6, 2010, 2:47 PM

FACT, You only try fieldgoals when you can't make touchdowns

Dec 6, 2010, 2:49 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very true, and if you miss numerous short to med range FG's

Dec 6, 2010, 3:08 PM

like we did in close games with a below avg offense then you will lose the majority of those games.

FG kicking cost us at least 2 wins which would of put us in the ACCCG

Re: FACT, You only try fieldgoals when you can't make touchdowns

Dec 6, 2010, 3:08 PM [ in reply to FACT, You only try fieldgoals when you can't make touchdowns ]

Field Goals have always been a part of football. Sometimes you win by them and you certainly can lose by them and we certainly lost several key games which we otherwise could've won. We were the worst I've ever seen in my life for making easy field goals this year. It kept us from beating Auburn and we probably would've gone to the ACC championship game too. It would be awesome if you could always score a TD instead of having to kick a field goal but every team has to line up and kick them sometimes; to win!!!

Clemson Soldier

Re: FACT: Unreliable FG kicking

Dec 6, 2010, 3:15 PM [ in reply to FACT: FG kicking ruined our season*** ]

changes your playcalling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Dec 6, 2010, 3:54 PM

Pul-eee-ze KP go away! Run up the hill to the Colorado snow drifts, and let the sun shine on those who deserve it. Anyone who acts like a 2-yr old doesn't impress anyone except those like Dabo who, for some reason, won't cut the pig strings.

Dec 7, 2010, 9:17 AM

I'll just assume you posted that in the wrong place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

FACT: We had the same FG kicker as last season (Jackson).***

Dec 6, 2010, 4:52 PM [ in reply to FACT: FG kicking ruined our season*** ]

FACT: Clemson ranked 98th in red zone TD percentage.***

Dec 6, 2010, 5:00 PM [ in reply to FACT: FG kicking ruined our season*** ]

FACT: Bad play-calling resulted in kicks from the hash marks***

Dec 6, 2010, 5:04 PM [ in reply to FACT: FG kicking ruined our season*** ]

FACT: Making those FGs may not have resulted in wins.

Dec 6, 2010, 5:14 PM [ in reply to FACT: FG kicking ruined our season*** ]

It's impossible to say how opponents would have reacted or changed their game plans. The missed FG at Auburn would have only gotten Clemson an overtime continuance.

FACT: Good coaches coach-up players & work on special teams.***

Dec 6, 2010, 5:16 PM [ in reply to FACT: FG kicking ruined our season*** ]

A healthy Korn would have been nice***

Dec 6, 2010, 5:08 PM

probably would have won ACCCG with Korn***

Dec 6, 2010, 6:12 PM

6 missed field goals inside the 20

Dec 6, 2010, 6:14 PM

Why is the quarterback and the offense not scoring touchdowns in the red zone instead of attempting field goals.

You dug your grave Dabo. GET OUT OF CLEMSON!***

Dec 6, 2010, 7:11 PM

Here's a stat D'oh-bo. We're #114 in red zone offense.

Dec 6, 2010, 8:10 PM

Get into the end zone and we won't have to worry about missing 20 yard kicks.

Dec 7, 2010, 12:26 AM

Does this really surprise anyone? He's spent all year proving he's an idiot, this is just icing on the cake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2010, 12:48 AM

Dabo,
PLAY BOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!every single snap!

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic