Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd the starter in Clemson's bowl game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Nov 28, 2010, 12:30 AM

Backup quarterback Tajh Boyd said following the game that he would welcome the chance to start in Clemson's bowl game, but will defer to the coaches. However, he thinks the experience would be beneficial heading into 2011. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No reason to start Kyle at all-Go with Boyd***

Nov 28, 2010, 12:31 AM

lets hope so***

Nov 28, 2010, 12:31 AM

Hope so***

Nov 28, 2010, 12:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting comments by the players. I expect them to

Nov 28, 2010, 12:34 AM

encourage Boyd, but they didn't exactly rally behind KP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd the starter in Clemson's bowl game?

Nov 28, 2010, 1:03 AM

A little glimpse as to how much they don't like playing with Parker

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Players weren't 'All In' for KP!

Jan 24, 2017, 4:32 PM

There were rumors about the spring and summer workouts and the rhythm that Tajh developed with the WRs. Then when Parker decided to come back he automatically got the job. The lack of practice with the 1s in the previous weeks shows Dabo's loyalty issue with KP. These comments show the players' loyalty issues with KP also. Strongest arm? Biggest fan?

Boyd will start the bowl game and Wade might get a snap or two as backup, Parker's planning his Colorado trip tonight.

Dabo: Your loyalty should be to Clemson University, not a player you made a promise to. He's not signing your paycheck. We paid you for your objectivity and have not seen it in your QB or WRs or OC for that matter. Fix it or pack up. Colorado Buffalos might be looking for a WR coach...

That's so not true. It doesn't show anything. The players

Nov 28, 2010, 1:20 AM

were behind KP.

My rumors beat your rumors...***

Nov 28, 2010, 1:24 AM

Mine weren't rumors.***

Nov 28, 2010, 3:30 AM

Re: That's so not true. It doesn't show anything. The players

Nov 28, 2010, 8:04 AM [ in reply to That's so not true. It doesn't show anything. The players ]

From what has already been said, I think you are wrong. I said this before and still say it. When KP was being interviewed in the past, he acted like they were interviewing him as one of the coach. He is (KP) to silver spoonish and snooty, and that has rubbed the rest of the team the wrong way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd didn't really do much tonight either. QB's not the

Nov 28, 2010, 1:17 AM

only problem.

I guess from an experience standpoint, maybe,

well he didn't throw a pick 6***

Nov 28, 2010, 2:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A INT that cost us the game for the second year in a row.***

Nov 28, 2010, 3:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: A INT that cost us the game for the second year in a row.***

Nov 28, 2010, 8:15 AM

And who threw them both?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Nov 28, 2010, 3:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not 1 INT. We got whupped. USC played 3rd string RBs by Q4.

Nov 28, 2010, 5:38 PM [ in reply to A INT that cost us the game for the second year in a row.*** ]

In the 4th quarter, Spurrier ran out the clock by running their 2nd and 3rd string RBs. Spurrier could have run up the score more if he had chosen to do so. It's not like Clemson lost the game because of an interception. Clemson is a poorly coached team that got its butt whupped by a superior coaching staff with inferior player-talent. The following recruiting statistics don't lie.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/11/22/1826017/clemson-and-south-carolina-recruiting-comparison

pick6 was bad but that's not why we lost. Was the whole team***

Nov 28, 2010, 5:42 PM

Re: Boyd didn't really do much tonight either. QB's not the

Nov 28, 2010, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Boyd didn't really do much tonight either. QB's not the ]

You don't believe in giving credit when credit is dew either do you. Had not one first team practice. Came in an already blowed up game, and didn't give up a pick 6 on the inch line.

yeah, he only fumbled. Just tired of all the blame shifting***

Nov 28, 2010, 5:43 PM

Re: Boyd didn't really do much tonight either. QB's not the

Nov 28, 2010, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Boyd didn't really do much tonight either. QB's not the ]

No one was going to do much then. SCar was playing pass the rest of the game.

I hope we also get a new HC & OC for the bowl game too.***

Nov 28, 2010, 1:18 AM

Re: I hope we also get a new HC & OC for the bowl game too.***

Nov 28, 2010, 2:20 AM

I doubt it happens. It would appear Clemson is no longer interested in being a contender. They're content to back their way into championship games instead of bulling their way to them. I hope to God I'm wrong, but 20 years of this tells me otherwise.
Parker had 9INTs to 11TDs coming into this game. Now 10 to 12. Not exactly a QB to hang your promises on. Boyd should have started a long time ago. After last season I was excited about Parker, but early on it was evident he wasn't the same guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After that 3rd quarter hit he took at Auburn, he made a 180***

Nov 28, 2010, 3:46 AM

Re: After that 3rd quarter hit he took at Auburn, he made a 180***

Nov 28, 2010, 8:18 AM

That he did, and all the coaches knew it. They knew, he now had fear in his legs!!!

Re: After that 3rd quarter hit he took at Auburn, he made a 180***

Nov 28, 2010, 3:20 PM

And the really sad thing, we didn't even get a penalty for a late hit there.

Re: I hope we also get a new HC & OC for the bowl game too.***

Nov 28, 2010, 6:28 AM [ in reply to I hope we also get a new HC & OC for the bowl game too.*** ]

More than likely a new OC,but I think we have Dabo until his next loss to the COOTS!

Dabo will have at least one more year to prove himself.

Nov 28, 2010, 9:27 AM [ in reply to I hope we also get a new HC & OC for the bowl game too.*** ]

Billy Napier is a tough decision though. I don't necessarily want to see him leave Clemson because I think he's going to be a big time coach in a few years. I think the perfect situation would be to demote him back down to QB coach and bring in an experienced offense coordinator to run the show and serve as his mentor.

I doubt that will happen though mainly because I doubt Napier would accept that after being the OC. I know Furman is interested in him and if they offer him, I'm sure he's gone and we're going to have to go shopping for a new OC anyway.

Re: Dabo will have at least one more year to prove himself.

Nov 28, 2010, 1:42 PM

Mike Leach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2010, 1:52 PM

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how the fans react. If the AD and Admin start to feel the economic backlash of decreased donations and attendance, they might decide to make a solid decision. Otherwise, they will let it fester for years, until the contract money makes sense to them. It's all about the Benjamins.

We'll have a new O next year....Mark it down***

Nov 28, 2010, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo will have at least one more year to prove himself. ]

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 28, 2010, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Dabo will have at least one more year to prove himself. ]

Napier is the problem, if he is not gone within the next 48 hours, by any means, then plan on another lack luster offensive performance in whatever toiltet bowl game we can buy our way into. In my opinion, Napier should have been fired following the Auburn game!!

Who hired Napier? If Dabo doesn't fire him, whose fault?***

Nov 28, 2010, 5:41 PM

That was a burning question? I can think of many others.***

Nov 28, 2010, 3:30 AM

Nov 28, 2010, 6:28 AM

Well, this season is in the record books and there is nothing that we can fix for 2010! Clemson's program seems to be the same,regardless of who is wearing the headset on the sidelines.Look at what Cam Newton did to Saban's plans. He could only stand and watch. So what makes Dabo different? As a former CEO I believe he will tell us all something by what he does in the bowl game. Does he prepare for 2011 or give Kyle a goodbye and thank you start? Only he can write that story. Let's see how smart he is from this day foward!A defining moment for the program. Plan and prepare for a successful future or live in the past and fail!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2010, 6:37 AM

Unless the coaching staff is just wanting to thank Kyle Parker for coming back,then Tajh Boyd should start ,and play every snap.The difference in winning whatever crappy bowl we go to is at least you can say you ended the season on a one game winning streak.
Still,Tajh Boyd is going to be your starter next year,and he needs real game experince from going into the game with the score knotted at zero,and not being thrown to the wolf's in order to salavage a coaches pride.
If Dabo is serious about starting 2011 off on the right foot,you start Tajh,win or lose.You build on what he brings to the game,and let Kyle Parker worry about throwing a baseball.He certainly couldn't throw a football this year.

I saw some potential in Boyd last night. He's obviously

Nov 28, 2010, 9:38 AM

lacking experience and that showed last night. But he came into some pretty crappy series last night and didn't wet the bed. He definitely has some big time arm strength and seems to have decent accuracy.

It was probably the toughest D we have seen all year...

Nov 28, 2010, 4:27 PM

He got thrown into the fire

We shouldn't go to a bowl game. We are 6-6 with two wins

Nov 28, 2010, 7:25 AM

coming against directional Texas and Presbyterian. However, the month of bowl prep for Rutgers or some other sorry team will give Boyd valuable practice time. Well, I say "valuable" but he will have the same coaches coaching him so it might not be valuable at all...

I wouldn't think twice about benching Parker, especially

Nov 28, 2010, 7:26 AM

the way he acted on the sidelines. I swear that is one of the worst passes I have seen. I mean that looked like a "throw the game" kind of toss.

Boyd should have been put in long ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't think twice about benching Parker, especially

Nov 28, 2010, 8:38 AM

I have said all year the Parker, Napier and Swinney were the "3 amigos" this year...like he was one of the coaches...I feel like he will not play in whatever bowl wants us, he will go home and get ready for baseball. the team has to resent his rapport with the coaches, and we had this situation before with red Parker and the teams of 75-76...the dissention on the team was very well known and Red had lost control of the team. Our team looks uncoached, fundamentally lacking and no motivation. KP or not, the changes Charley Pell made his first year were the same changes that Red Parker should have made at the end of the 1975 season and the same changes that Swinney batter make in 2011 or he will get canned for sure....Danny had a bad year in 1980 but as bad as we were, we did play hard and Danny took charge and you saw what happened in 81. Swinney will fail if he keeps the same deadbeats around on his staff and expect a different result. I think Boyd did great considering they werent even considering playing him and put him in on the 6 inch yard line, that change alone saved us another touchdown. Swinney....address your problems or you wont be around much longer.

Nov 28, 2010, 6:06 PM

I agree that we looked poorly coached. (offensively)

That would explain all of the untimely penalties, mistakes in the kicking game and inability to score.

The defense played well for most of the season however.
My hat is off to Kevin Steele and the defense. They played very well this year.

Nov 30, 2010, 2:56 AM

Agreed!

What could you possibly gain from starting Parker?

Nov 28, 2010, 9:12 AM

We're looking to next year... Because next year if we're not winning AT LEAST 8 games then something is wrong...

Then again, we all already know something is wrong...

Parker shouldn't shoulder all the blame - Inept receivers

Nov 28, 2010, 9:47 AM

In KP's defense, the receivers have not been much help this year. Time after time the receivers drop balls they should have caught. I'm not trying to totally defend KP, just understand that the receivers should shoulder a lot of the blame. Maybe at times they're reaching behind them to catch a poorly thrown ball, or it's not spot on, but at this level those guy need to be catching more of those balls than dropping them. I don't care if they are freshman.

Which causes a QB to force plays & make more mistakes***

Nov 28, 2010, 5:46 PM

Tired of all the little pansies blaming Parker. He's not...

Nov 28, 2010, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Parker shouldn't shoulder all the blame - Inept receivers ]

the whole freakin' team.

Agreed. Parker's not the whole freakin' team!!!***

Nov 28, 2010, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Parker shouldn't shoulder all the blame - Inept receivers ]

No he isn't but his position warrants a lot of criticism

Nov 28, 2010, 6:05 PM

when we lose and a lot of praise when we win. The hair goes with the hyde

Re: Agreed. Parker's not the whole freakin' team!!!***

Nov 28, 2010, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Agreed. Parker's not the whole freakin' team!!!*** ]

that and our coaching staff knew we didn't have much experience at the WR position returning this year.
Our problems offensively are a result of our inexperience on our coaching staff IMO.

We had Harper and Ellington returning and a solid offensive line, but tried to force the passing game all year.

Although I was encouraged by the way Hopkins and Brown came on, our play calling relied too heavily on them to
be successful. We didn't use Allen nearly enough either if you ask me... We should have used Harper as a FB and run out of the I-formation. (He was the #1 FB coming out of High School) We could have used Parker's ability to run and throw in play action and limited our reliance on our inexperienced WRs.

This is what frustrates me to no end... We have enough talent to be a good team, but we coach them to mediocrity.
It was that way under Bowden (most of the coaches are the same) and things have not improved. (they've actually gotten worse)

Re: Parker shouldn't shoulder all the blame - Inept receivers

Nov 28, 2010, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Parker shouldn't shoulder all the blame - Inept receivers ]

Wish people could be a little more considerate to Kyle Parker.

Granted, he hasn't played very well this year, but he came back for Clemson. He came back to HELP us win an ACC title.

We all know that didn't happen, for many reasons.

I, for one, would still like to say thank you to Kyle Parker for coming back and wish him the absolute best as a professional baseball player.

Now, it's time for Tajh.

Re: Parker shouldn't shoulder all the blame - Inept receivers

Nov 28, 2010, 8:46 PM

CUTigerDstomp ... AKA: Kyle Parker

Nov 28, 2010, 11:22 AM

Looking back, Clemson would have better off if Parker had gone to play baseball. Then Boyd would have played this whole season and learned. and He couldn't have played worse than Parker, who was atrocious this year.
I'm stunned how bad he played. He was inaccurate last year, but Spiller, Ford and Parker helped overshadow that.

Nov 28, 2010, 3:16 PM

Parker refuses to stay in the pocket until a play develops. this is the problem all year long. he looks for first reciever, check down and sideline. If he doesnt want to get hit thats fine, but don't play football. Parker has cheated Clemson, Dabo, and his team out of an entire year of football and its time he took the money and run. There is a reason there are so few sacks against us. Its because if parker cant make an easy play then hes going to toss it away and defenses know this. He will not risk injury for a first down by tucking the ball and running near a defensive player. Thanks for 2009 KP and good luck in the future. adios

Nov 29, 2010, 7:55 AM

How the hell do you think he got injured? Hope it makes all you "couch coaches" feel better to put somebody down but I know what I saw when he came back onto the field at Auburn and I'd love to meet any of you who thinks you would have made it out there. Easy sitting on the sidelines criticizing. Easy to forget the fourth quarter drives he led. That said, the coaches should have rested him the next two games and given him a chance to truly heal. Their decision, not his. I believe it would have made a difference later in the season.

Nov 29, 2010, 11:00 AM

I am a big KP fan, but he got injured sliding to avoid a hit - on his knees and turned his back to oncoming Auburn defender. You want to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNDq9sP4YY. I do not think he gets hurt if he knew how to slide or took on the defenders - I do not think he ever intended to run the ball and was not prepared to do it.

My son and I stayed 2 hours after a game just so he could get his autograph. I admire him but he played scared and with over a million good reasons. Outside of our kicking game the greatest disappointment this year was his unwillingness to do whatever it takes to win the game. He was doing it until the Auburn game ended.

I can tell you this if he quits the team because he is not projected to start in our bowl game I will no longer respect him. A story in our local paper this morning said he may not play - I sure hope this is not the case, don't want to explain this to my kid.

Nov 30, 2010, 3:13 AM

Parker has played scared since the Auburn hit. I can't say I blame him. If I had that much money riding on not getting hurt in football, it would certainly effect how I played. I fault Dabo for not making the decision to the play Boyd when it was obvious that Parker had checked out on the "all in". I believe that Parker was hurt more than was reported. To me more reason to play Boyd. Do not get me wrong, I do not believe Boyd could have saved us from what this year was. But he is the future so why even consider starting Parker in a bowel game.

Bowl Game?!?!?***

Nov 28, 2010, 8:44 PM

I sure hope it's Boyd....

Nov 29, 2010, 7:59 AM

I would love Clemson to go out with a win and him to have a great game.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic