Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker looks for positives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Nov 9, 2010, 8:03 PM

Quarterback Kyle Parker said on Tuesday that he played "pretty consistent" against NCSU, and it would go a long way to have some positive support in the program. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good things happen when you stay in the pocket.***

Nov 9, 2010, 8:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Good things happen when you stay in the pocket.***

Nov 9, 2010, 8:10 PM

Better things happen when you have a pocket to stay in...

What Clemson team are you watching?

Nov 9, 2010, 8:23 PM

Our oline is one of the strong points of our offense. How many sacks have they given up this season? 4?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

we don't agree on much, but we do on this.***

Nov 9, 2010, 8:24 PM

Re: What Clemson team are you watching?

Nov 10, 2010, 8:08 AM [ in reply to What Clemson team are you watching? ]

Not giving up sacks, so hats off for that, but they aren't opening up any holes to run through either. With not much running game, the passing game suffers, too. Don't be too quick to give kudos to an OL that can't run block.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think KP must have been talking about you

Nov 10, 2010, 8:11 AM

its hard to run block 8 guys with 6. The running game is suffering due to no down field passing threat. geez

yeah, but that works both ways...

Nov 10, 2010, 9:59 AM [ in reply to What Clemson team are you watching? ]

When the QB takes off and sprints towards the sideline so often, there will be fewer sacks.

One of three things is happening here, and none of them are good, IMO. Either he takes off because the pocket breaks down and he's running for his life; or he's getting happy feet and taking off when there's no need to; or the plays are actually designed for him to rollout to the right (which greatly limits his field of vision and usually results in running out of bounds or flinging an ill-advised deadduck pass across the body for an INT).

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

IMHO, the reason there are so few sacks is a combination

Nov 10, 2010, 4:18 PM [ in reply to What Clemson team are you watching? ]

of the fact that our offensive line has played really well protecting Parker and he often leaves the pocket-- avoiding being tackled.

What I don't like is when he leaves the pocket and then runs out of bounds taking a loss of yardage instead of throwing the ball away and avoiding the loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Nov 9, 2010, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Good things happen when you stay in the pocket.*** ]

Nothing wrong with rolling out as long as you are very careful about throwing back. I agree that KP might leave pocket a little too much but not knoing what he has been told I can't criticize.

Nov 9, 2010, 10:20 PM

What a insightful statement...you ever been in the pocket...probably not...you have no idea what he's seeing downfield that dictates what he has to do...ever think our young receivers aren't where they should be? Geeeez, get a grip and support the team. What the h*** is wrong with guys like you?

Nov 9, 2010, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Good things happen when you stay in the pocket.*** ]

What a insightful statement...you ever been in the pocket...probably not...you have no idea what he's seeing downfield that dictates what he has to do...ever think our young receivers aren't where they should be? Geeeez, get a grip and support the team. What the h*** is wrong with guys like you?

Pocket will only hold for so long. Ppl need 2 get open.

Nov 10, 2010, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Good things happen when you stay in the pocket.*** ]

That'll open up the running game too.

He is gonna have to look hard right now***

Nov 9, 2010, 8:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Or he could look at the Defense***

Nov 9, 2010, 8:09 PM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Parker looks for positives

Nov 9, 2010, 8:18 PM

Parker comes off jealous of Boyd, and certainly bitter towards the fans. Not exactly the best way to endear yourself to the team, the coaches, or the fans.

And nice try Parker. Comparing yourself to Charlie Whitehurst? What a joke.

I don't get all the harsh words for a Clemson man who's our

Nov 9, 2010, 8:24 PM

best hope for victory.

I think it's obvious to the the team, the coaches, and Boyd that Kyle Parker gives us our best chance for victory and is one of our only playmakers on offense. I'm surprised it's not obvious to a lot of the fans.

I sense no jealousy and he didn't compare himself to Charlie Whitehurst.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you, apparently I am reading a different article

Nov 9, 2010, 9:06 PM

than everyone else. I don't see him acting like a jack### at all. I think what he said makes sense. Everyone will have to play their butts off for us to win Saturday and I don't think anyone will be trying harder than KP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No doubt he is our best option. I wish he would run for

Nov 9, 2010, 9:43 PM [ in reply to I don't get all the harsh words for a Clemson man who's our ]

the first down when it is obvious that he can pick up yardage. It is not necessary that he put his head down and try to get the extra yardage. If he has 8 yds. before contact, then slide for the sure 5. Surely, he knows how to do that. Dabo should ride refs butts to keep them alert to any spearing. Anyway, we need to get off this young man's back as he is doing a credible job for a soph.

Re: I don't get all the harsh words for a Clemson man who's our

Nov 11, 2010, 1:13 AM [ in reply to I don't get all the harsh words for a Clemson man who's our ]

thank you for your supportive comments for Parker. as i've said before, he gives us the best chance to win.

Dear Kyle. Nobody wanted Whitehurst benched. HTH.

Nov 9, 2010, 8:23 PM

He really seems to have a chip on his shoulder about Boyd.

Re: Dear Kyle. Nobody wanted Whitehurst benched. HTH.

Nov 9, 2010, 8:33 PM

It's a lot easier to say what you feel when you've already got money in the bank. His demeanor was a lot different last season. Mire power to him. It takes a slight bit of arrogance to win championships. Maybe more guys should get a little arrogant.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were on the OL, would you wanna bust your ###

Nov 9, 2010, 8:39 PM

blocking for this kid after interview after interview like this, where all he does is praise himself? We have one of our better OL's in a decade+, and he rarely if ever mentions them in these interviews.

His complete lack of support for Boyd and apparent need to one-up him every time the subject comes up is poor at best too.

Re: This OL may be one of the better ones, but that is not

Nov 9, 2010, 9:45 PM

saying much. It can stand a lot of improvement.

BS... we have plenty of idiots wanting every starting QB

Nov 9, 2010, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Dear Kyle. Nobody wanted Whitehurst benched. HTH. ]

Clemson has ever had benched. 2nd string QB is alway the fan favorite until he actually plays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup...occassional look at the board backs that statement up***

Nov 9, 2010, 10:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2010, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Dear Kyle. Nobody wanted Whitehurst benched. HTH. ]

Maybe he does have a chip on his shoulder. But I'd bet it is probably more against the fans than Boyd. I'd be pissed at the fans too. As a matter a fact, I am pissed at Clemson fans. I wanted this season to be better but it isn't. We still have some games left and I hope the team can finish strong. I think KP gives us the best chance to do that. I also think Boyd should get some pt. Will we beat FSU? I don't know. Will we play hard? Yes!

And I wanted Whitehurst benched. Especially in 2004!!!!! When he threw 17 INTs to 7 TDs. Whitehurst hat a great sophmore year but his junior year was awful!! And his senior year was solid but nothing to write home about. His claim to fame is he never lost to Carolina.

Nov 10, 2010, 8:18 AM

If you remember, he got killed all the time by sacks from a very porous OL. That game in Texas would have crippled most QB's for life, but CW is the toughest QB we ever had, IMO, and if he had an OL worth a crap, he would have won a Heisman. Incedentally, our OL still sucks when it comes to run blocking, but at least KP isn't getting killed by sacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you not attend games, I can remember several times

Nov 10, 2010, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Dear Kyle. Nobody wanted Whitehurst benched. HTH. ]

people were screaming for Proctor

Duga, you and Obed can say what you want but

Nov 10, 2010, 10:29 AM

Kyle is the best Game Day QB on this team right now, end of discussion. You guys have been on this board for a while and are respected but that doesn't mean your opinion is always right. The offensive line is what it is; they've only given 4 sacks and as far run blocking goes imo it depends on who's standing in the backfield as to good they look.

and later, screaming at Procter***

Nov 11, 2010, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Did you not attend games, I can remember several times ]

Nov 9, 2010, 8:35 PM

None of you whiners on this board would have stayed in the game and taken the beating Parker did at Auburn or played hurt as did after that. You guys would find something to complain about Tom Brady if he played for Clemson. Why dont you become real Clemson supporters and back our guys for a change.

Nov 9, 2010, 8:38 PM

Nothing wrong with what he said...he's confidence which you need to be QB or a leader at any position, and he's right, positive support is more effective than negative nancys.

Nov 9, 2010, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Parker looks for positives ]

Exactly. They guys kills himself out there. I guess the fans here are analyzing qbs the same way fox news analyzes Obama. Maybe we should hire a speech writer for him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2010, 8:58 PM

Agree, how about stopping the whinning and get behind the team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he is QBing better than Obama is running the country

Nov 9, 2010, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Parker looks for positives ]

and someone has to keep Barry honest since 99% of the media fawns over him day in day out.

Re: Well he is QBing better than Obama is running the countr

Nov 9, 2010, 9:03 PM

Haha. True

This is a Clemson and Clemson football forum...

Nov 10, 2010, 1:23 PM

But if you want to throw in politics, let's go.

The President hardly "runs" the country. Good Lord, we had "W" at the helm for 8 years and he did not ruin the country, did he?

Congress = House and Senate and their lobbying minions run or ruin the country.

Nov 10, 2010, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Parker looks for positives ]

Oh, God. Don't compare this guy to Obama, please! 1.) That is the ultimate insult, 2.) wrong board

I'm surprised to see the attacks on KP on this board.

Nov 10, 2010, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Parker looks for positives ]

Has Parker played consistently well this year? No. Did he turn down a nice paycheck with the Rockies to comeback and play this year? Yes. Have things turned out the way any of us thought they would? No. Do we have an extremely green but talented young QB in waiting? Yes. Does this QB give us a better chance right now to win than KP? Absolutely not.

So what do some of you want KP to do? Come out and say that he is no good, that Tahj should play instead of himself? Do you want him to show no confidence in himself? Maybe he should just quit?

The QB is going to take the fall a lot of the time. That's just part of the game, but anyone who thinks that he is not our best option, even in light of his mistakes, is sorely mistaken.

Seems a lot of people have forgotten that our WR's couldn't catch anything for the first several games (and we still drop too many balls), our OL play has been inconsistent (not great as a lot of people on here seem to want to point out - just because it isn't as dreadful as it has been in recent years doesn't mean it's great), and our game planning, play calling, and personnel utilization have been poor. Add these things up, and you've made KP's job a heck of a lot more difficult. These things will shake a QB's confidence and cause him force things and to try to "make" plays that aren't there. Not making excuses for KP, just pointing out facts.

Best thing he could do is remain confident in his abilities, work hard, and focus on not making those same mistakes going forward. Sounds like that's what he's trying to do.

Nov 9, 2010, 8:51 PM

This dude sounds disoriented! First do something postive to get a positive reaction your way, heck a postive yard when you scramble would work. Shouldve known a reference to millions of bucks would come up, thats just validation to what a good many of us fans knew was on his mind. Btw when were people calling for Charlies throat? Finally surely he doesnt think he didnt have but one bad play sat, geez does he know a draw from an out route himself. Being a tiger fan I will support him and whatever 11 are out there wearing our orange,although i cant wait for the day when i can support tajh full-time!

Not really sure what you've seen...

Nov 10, 2010, 8:24 AM

Not really sure what you've seen in the backup. The only plays from Boyd that I remember are mop-up duty in an early game this year. He didn't look sharp...three well-overthrown passes for a quick 3-and-out. I guess there was also the fumbled exchange at the 5-yard line this week. Other than that, I don't remember much.

If winning the ACC becomes mathematically impossible, I'd support the idea of playing Boyd a whole lot more just to get valuable experience for next year. Until then, Parker clearly gives us the better chance to win.

Only comments from the article I didn't care for are the ones that seem to put down the fans as though we're all idiots (can't tell a draw play from an out route?). Other than that, I'd say I agree with the sentiments...it would be far better for our team if the fans were supportive.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Kyle, quit opening your mouth!

Nov 9, 2010, 8:58 PM

Everytime you say something you make it worse. Just shut up and go play like you did last year. If you play like you should the questions will stop!

Re: Hey Kyle, quit opening your mouth!

Nov 9, 2010, 10:24 PM

Tell you what, not much could be worse than your post. You could not possibly be a Clemson guy. That was a plain harsh and stupid statenment!

Note to KP and the rest of the team

Nov 9, 2010, 10:47 PM

Quit listening the ### media and play ball. Journalists and Tnet experts ain't gonna do a thing for ya.

Play your best, don't listen to any criticism from anybody but your coaches. They will make you better...journalists and tnetters will not.

Peace on and keep on. We're all Tigers, we're all pullin' for you, and we all support our team.

Re: Note to KP and the rest of the team

Nov 9, 2010, 10:58 PM

Amen. Not sure how much negativity is out there that he is hearing/seeing. Clemson fans are generally very supportive of their team. I am up in NJ, don't know if the campus is very negative or what. Yes, we are all Clemson and we all have Orange in our blood. Go play, enjoy, do your best, and may no one be injured.

Re: Note to KP and the rest of the team

Nov 10, 2010, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Note to KP and the rest of the team ]

Finally a post I can agree with!! Go Tigers!!

hey parker if you want positives...

Nov 10, 2010, 12:23 AM

then play good..dont think you can run out of bounds and throw the ball away when you can pick up first downs..and throw bone headed INT's and expect the fans to stay positive about it...not to mention when you get to the rockies i can tell you right now if you make many era's and dont produce many hits you will hear the same from those fans also..on top of that whitehurst maybe a 8 mil dollar man..but that 8 mil dollar man got his first NFL start sunday..so yeah wouldnt say he is all that great either.

Surprised to see so many folks outright attacking KP.

Nov 10, 2010, 9:00 AM

Has Parker played consistently well this year? No. Did he turn down a nice paycheck with the Rockies to comeback and play this year? Yes. Have things turned out the way any of us thought they would? No. Do we have an extremely green but talented young QB in waiting? Yes. Does this QB give us a better chance right now to win than KP? Absolutely not.

So what do some of you want KP to do? Come out and say that he is no good, that Tahj should play instead of himself? Do you want him to show no confidence in himself? Maybe he should just quit?

The QB is going to take the fall a lot of the time. That's just part of the game, but anyone who thinks that he is not our best option, even in light of his mistakes, is sorely mistaken.

Seems a lot of people have forgotten that our WR's couldn't catch anything for the first several games (and we still drop too many balls), our OL play has been inconsistent (not great as a lot of people on here seem to want to point out - just because it isn't as dreadful as it has been in recent years doesn't mean it's great), and our game planning, play calling, and personnel utilization have been poor. Add these things up, and you've made KP's job a heck of a lot more difficult. These things will shake a QB's confidence and cause him force things and to try to "make" plays that aren't there. Not making excuses for KP, just pointing out facts.

Best thing he could do is remain confident in his abilities, work hard, and focus on not making those same mistakes going forward. Sounds like that's what he's trying to do.

Re: Surprised to see so many folks outright attacking KP.

Nov 10, 2010, 9:08 AM

Very well said. GO KP. Do the best you can do for us Saturday night. Let's get behind KP, the rest of the players and coaches. They want to win!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

Attack mode is not an unusual occurrence on this board.***

Nov 10, 2010, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Surprised to see so many folks outright attacking KP. ]

Nov 10, 2010, 10:45 AM

I think what everyone conveniently forgets is that KP is only a sophomore. Everyone expects him to play like a senior, but he's still young as a QB and he's going to make mistakes. He is our best option at QB. The same people bashing KP now will be the same ones calling for Boyd's head next year.

Nov 11, 2010, 1:27 AM

EXACTLY!!!! next year: "Put in (backup's name)!!!

ya'll ever heard the saying "the grass is always greener...."????

Unlike the highly paid AD, Kyle is just a kid making errors.

Nov 10, 2010, 6:56 PM

I think that ever since Kyle Parker took that shot in the Auburn game, he bolts the pocket too soon, fails to take opportunities to scramble forward (not sideways) for 1st down yardage, and he makes some bad decisions with the ball when he's trying to do too much. I'm not sure if the Auburn injury and the baseball career are causing him to consciously or subconsciously over-protect himself. But he's just a kid playing ball and making some mistakes. Like most human beings, neither his play nor his words are perfect. Man, I could write books about the mistakes that I made in college.

If Clemson had position-coaching, better game-planning, & better play-calling, I think it's safe to say that Parker and the team would be playing better, winning more games, and people wouldn't be criticizing Parker like this. I can cut an amateur kid slack for making inadvertent mistakes, but not the highly paid AD who deliberately and needlessly gave Bowden a multi-million dollar buyout a few months before firing him and who deliberately hired an HC & OC that no self-respecting FBS school would even interview for those jobs-- then or now.

People know when he misses a wide open man and throw an inte***

Nov 10, 2010, 9:04 PM

Nov 11, 2010, 11:03 PM

arrogant isnt he...

Photobucket

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive