Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Nov 6, 2010, 10:46 PM

The Clemson offense turned the ball over, committed penalties and generally struggled through two-and-half quarters of Saturday’s game, but made enough plays at the end to help pull out a 14-13 win. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Nov 6, 2010, 10:52 PM

“We have it all settled now,” he said. “But at the time, everyone was caught up in the heat of the moment; no one really told me I was coming out. I was ready to get in the huddle and then they told me I was not in. It was an honest mistake. The reason I was upset was because I just wanted them to tell me the truth about what was really going on so I could be mentally prepared for it.”
----------
so it sounds like ther parker that they did tell you that you were gonna sit..considering they told you that you wasnt in.not to mention napiers quote about asking steele how many points does he need. i mean really just do your job napier put up as many points as you can..who cares how many points the defense needs just do your job to get points on the board.

JAMIE HARPER

Nov 7, 2010, 2:43 PM

Someone PLEASEEEE....
explain to me how Jamie Harper played good against the Wolfpack? 25 Carries for 60 yds(2.4 ypc).
And then theres the fact he said he was going pro after this year.When Harper was in HS, I told everyone here
that HE was a better LB than a RB,but no one wanted to
hear that.I'm affriad the coaches missed on this one.

Jamie Harper is on the clock.

Re: JAMIE HARPER

Nov 7, 2010, 4:28 PM

They probably meant it was a good game for jamie harper. I'd disagree, he looked like he tapped when he should have ballroomed a couple of times. and he missed a couple obvious jazz hand opportunities. up till now he's been the skirt- now he's the coolots (sic?)

he had a stomach illness, and puked before and during the

Nov 7, 2010, 5:29 PM [ in reply to JAMIE HARPER ]

game. I'd say considering the circumstances, he played his guts out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching

Nov 6, 2010, 10:52 PM

Paint it any way you'd like, but Kyle needs to be benched period. He stinks. God forbid anyone would tackle him, he's obviously fragile. He almost lost the game. Don't credit him with the win. Thank God we have a defense.

Kyle Parker

Nov 7, 2010, 3:04 PM

I just wanted to elaberate on your post.

Just my opinion,some may or may not agree.But,for what ever its worth-Parker DOES give us the best chance to win,thats a fact.But,once again.Heres where the problem lies. Parker WAS NOT READY for the 2010 football season.Back in May,June and July,Kyle,nor anyone else for that matter.Was even sure he'd even play football ever again.While I'm sure he wanted to make the best choice for him and his family,he was also dragging on the entire football team,staff and fans.For him,the decision may have been right,but for everyone else,it sucked.So IMO,basicly what happen was.When Parker,unsure of what his plans was. DID NOT prepare,mentally or physically for the football season ahead. EVERYONE,I mean everyone. Pumped his head up about how great he was. And all he needed to do was basicly show up on the practice fields, and everything would take care of itself.So for Kyle,his June,July & Aug practices for football was actually used in ACTUALL games. And I don't have to tell ya the result from that.
SO for Parker,hes JUST NOW catching up to where he needed to be when the season started.That my friend is Napier and Swinney's fault for babying him ALL summer long.If hes not committed to Clemson,then we need to move on-the time is now for Boyd.The time is now.

Nov 8, 2010, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching ]

If you think Boyd can be the leader we need right now , then you haven't been watching....Parker needs to be Coached up, as do the receivers(not a playmaker in the bunch) and as far as I can tell that means Napier has to do a better job....Brad Scott's o line hasn't exactly given Parker all day to throw either....parker can play, but there has to be some check down options for when he is forced to scramble...which is often..

Ha! Parker....you are lucky you were playing today....

Nov 6, 2010, 11:00 PM

the way you disrespected Dabo last week at BC. If I would have been in charge your ### would have been on the bench the remainder of the BC game last week ...and...depending on how your pre-maddonna ### responded this week during practice....then....and only then....would you play for me vs NC State.....go on to Colorado pretty boy....

pre-maddonna? Does that mean before Madonna?

Nov 7, 2010, 1:33 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Ha! Parker....you are lucky you were playing today....

Nov 7, 2010, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Ha! Parker....you are lucky you were playing today.... ]

Pre-madonna...you can't make this stuff up.

Nov 7, 2010, 12:24 AM

Well, I looked at a lot of football today, and I saw a lot of offensive coordinators adjust, create opprotunities, and just plain know what to do against the respective defenses they were facing...except our offensive coordinator. In my opinion, he has got to go at the end of the season...boring and very predictable. THANK YOU KEVIN STEELE FOR GETTING YOUR GUYS READY, AND WINNING THIS GAME. This one is all yours!

Whats funny is that...

Nov 7, 2010, 8:17 AM

Napier told him he get 20 points and we would've had 20 points if we could make routine field goals.

But, yea, the offense is pretty bad..no question about that. I couldnt disagree if Dabo decised to fire Napier.

If we could get 7 when in the red zone 60% of the time

Nov 7, 2010, 1:41 PM

that would have been 21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Whats funny is that...

Nov 7, 2010, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Whats funny is that... ]

I know this was mentioned several times but why ask how many points you need to score? He shouldn't even be worried about that part if he was confident. FSU had 21 against them in the 2ND QTR alone! NC State has been giving up a lot of points/yards lately and we manage to put up 14 and 260yds total off. Granted our def played great, State was also scoring a lot of points this year.

Are the planets aligning???

Nov 7, 2010, 3:34 AM

I thought Parker played well, you could see he was frustrated on some drops by the receivers. I was amazed at the bad luck and sloppy play especially the first drive and then the kickoff muff. But we had some luck too- the 4 yard punt, Zimmerman's save and punt, and great play from the defense. But I think what is really amazing is Fla St. and Maryland lost! We're still in this thing! Can anyone say ACC champions!

Re: Are the planets aligning???

Nov 7, 2010, 9:03 AM

The planets can align all they want. We still need to win out. That means FSU and Wake. I have seen this happen way too many times before. Let's take it one game at a time and focus. Get the W any way we can like this weekend. I thought Parker played acceptable. It was good to get Tajh in there to see that he won't freak out when faced with a real pass rush. I'd like to see him take off more ala Vick, but that's just me.

Re: Are the planets aligning???

Nov 7, 2010, 4:32 PM

HE'S NOT A RUNNING QUARTERBACK!!! JUST BECAUSE HE'S BLACK DOESN'T MEAN HE'S MICHAEL VICK!!! THIS OFFENDS ME AS A WHITE GUY.

You might be right but...

Nov 7, 2010, 5:27 PM

if he isn't a running quarter back then why was his first snap a designed run?

Nov 7, 2010, 6:42 AM

Parker played OK. Not bad, yet not good.
The offense is offensive! Predicatble.
Please dont shoot me for saying this but i am almost (KEYWORD) pining for Rob Spence! i sit there thinking ok give me a bubble screen right here c'mon. NOT!

Clemson did not win this game, they only didn't lose it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2010, 7:57 AM

Agreed. Check Bowers' comments. Basically, "We have to play well enough to cover up for the offense." Hint: three wideouts in formation = screen. If Dye is in game, we run. And I don't know s#%# about it. What do you think the other coaches know after a week of films?

good job defense but KP killed the offense

Nov 7, 2010, 8:36 AM

NCSU should have scored at least 10 points on critical turnovers and didn't.

KP gave them those opportunities

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 7, 2010, 9:00 AM

To all the Parker "haters"...WAKE UP---the REAL problem is the OL, Reciever corp, PLUS SCOTT & NAPIER...duh!
1-Get real, Parker rarely has the appropriate time to throw an uncontested pass/normal route...due to the lack of time, and subsequent planned routes breaking down due to pressure...he lands up in a pure scramble mode...the recievers do not come back to the ball well, his his recievers DO NOT create space on the original routes nor after Parker tries to buy time, and they DROP balls---he really does not have a "go to guy". Where has the Tight End been lately, or a slant route, or a post pattern????...hands-down, the WORST hands group in the FBS. NOT Parkers fault.
2-If you look at the ACC conference Stats, it's really easy to figure out why Parker seems so inefficient. Clemson's OL ranks #1 in tackles for loss/sacks/hurry's in the ACC! Duh...Payton Manning would suffer from the same problems with B.Scott's OL genious!
3-Napier's predictability, conservative, weak, juvenile, one dimensional offensive game plan puts Parker's back against the wall EVERY WEEK! Parker is the victim of the worst OC in FBS. Napier MUST GO for SURE, hammer Napier, not Parker.
4-Parker is NOT THE PROBLEM for Clemson Football...this may be the worst aggregate coaching staff in the FBS.
5-What about the kicking game...they have cost us 2-3 games...That's NOT Parker's fault.
6-Thank God for the D...
7-BUT, the D Secondary has cost us too many embarrasing TD's (1-2 games as well), so Steele is not entirely off the hook.
7-Zimmerman is the MVP on the Tiger's team for the year, especially yesterday's game...he's been a very reliable factor for the entire year.

Have a good Sunday!

Nov 7, 2010, 9:17 AM

I don't think the offensive line is the problem... Are they the best OL in the country? No, obviously not. But I've seen holes opened in the running game, and KP has generally had plenty of time to throw. He just holds the ball too long. Other teams will record more than their fair share of hurries and sacks when that happens.

The real root of the problem is receivers not getting open, and yes perhaps a bit of predictability in the offense schemes as well.

I used to get frustrated when Whitehurst, under pressure, would throw beautiful, tight spirals to a tuba player behind the bench... but in retrospect, I would much prefer that to KP throwing back across his body to a defender in the middle of the field.

I've seen lots of guys open.

Nov 7, 2010, 9:41 AM

Parker is not seeing the field well.

Re: I've seen lots of guys open.

Nov 7, 2010, 10:09 AM

Agreed Parker has no vision whatsoever

Nov 7, 2010, 10:19 AM

HIs vision is linked to how much time he has to throw, and this goes back to the O-line. The O-line does well when run blocking, but our pass blocking isn't the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2010, 11:17 AM

when did the o line do well run blocking? Haven't seen that in several years.

Nov 7, 2010, 4:35 PM

his vision is linked to his height- that's why he'll do better in the nfl, where 5'8" quarterbacks are patrolling the halls of camden

our pass protection is better than run blocking

Nov 7, 2010, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I've seen lots of guys open. ]

are you watching the same games as me? kp has ALL DAY to throw, week in and week out... this is one of the best offensive lines we've had in a long time.

bryce mcneal was open so many times this week

Nov 7, 2010, 6:09 PM [ in reply to I've seen lots of guys open. ]

it's not even funny... he probly only threw to him 1/3 of the times he was wide open

Re: bryce mcneal was open so many times this week

Nov 8, 2010, 4:04 PM

He drops 2 out of three thrown to him....what games are u watching?

Re: bryce mcneal was open so many times this week

Nov 9, 2010, 2:16 PM [ in reply to bryce mcneal was open so many times this week ]

Maybe because the first one he laid on the ground after running backwards and the one in the end zone almost hit him in the face...we have 5-6 WR's play and Allen.. If each catches 3-4 balls, that is a big day..dont forget, we do throw to RB's also..btw. bryce caught 3 balls saturday..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2010, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching ]

The OL is almost the complete problem. There are no, as in zip, zero, nada, holes for a back to run through. They either have to redirect to the opposite side they are running or outrun the opposition to get yards. The OL does give Parker ample time to throw, but either the receivers are not getting open, or KP can't see them, or can't make his reads quickly enough to get the ball to open receivers, or he just is a nervous guy who is always hearing footsteps. A couple of things are certain, though, and they are, if we had open holes, we could have a running game. If we had a running game, our passing game would get better, and both are a result of a pitifully inadequate OL. The inadequacy of the OL, probably, is the direct result of a pitifully inadequate OL coach named Brad Scott. End of story!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The offense needs new blood, and will get it.

Nov 7, 2010, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching ]

But with that said, no one in their right mind can say Parker isn't part of the problem.

Oh, I agree the offensive line needs new blood too, but right now the OL is #1 for NOT allowing sacks. I think you had that completely backwards.

Hate to tell you this

Nov 7, 2010, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching ]

Our Oline is pretty good.....our receivers are not that great....but I am not sure that is them.

On at least one I saw 4 receivers run a hook route. That is bad bad bad play design. Have we even run any crossing routes this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to tell you this

Nov 7, 2010, 4:25 PM

one on Saturday, for touchdown to Hopkins..but you are 100% correct. Too many routes run with one foot out of bounds. Twice yesterday Kyle rolled out left and both down field receivers had turned out to right. He didnt even have a defender to throw it too

Nov 7, 2010, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense does enough to win; Parker talks about benching ]

Did you SERIOUSLY just call out our O line.. You my friend are ridiculous .. This Oline has played its balls off.. Enuff said

It's not decision by committee KP

Nov 7, 2010, 1:38 PM

I can understand him wanting to be told....but it probably did more good the way it was done.

Instead of sitting there mad watching the D....he found out late then had to watch from the sideline.

DEFENSIVELY...why hasn't Maxwell been starting?

Nov 7, 2010, 3:29 PM

I bet opposing offenses love seeing Brewer out there.

Re: DEFENSIVELY...why hasn't Maxwell been starting?

Nov 7, 2010, 5:43 PM

Brewer is cutting his teeth a bit but is and will continue to be a d@mn fine football player!

If he didnt play baseball!!!

Nov 7, 2010, 4:21 PM

What is really sad about all these posts, if Kyle didnt play baseball, just QB, his performance this year would be written off to soph jinx and EVERYBODY would be talking about 16 starters coming back next year, INCLUDING the starting QB..yeah, i was there for the State game.. was there for the Auburn one too.....same kid, same QB

Why does Parker think he is bigger than the program?

Nov 7, 2010, 6:09 PM

I'm so tired of his "Me me me" attitude. You are a PLAYER - you are not bigger than the team.

I don't blame Harper. Watching our offense, I puked too.***

Nov 8, 2010, 2:02 AM

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic