Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Highlights from Dabo Swinney's Sunday teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,580

Nov 7, 2010, 7:37 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said on Sunday that he wants his team to concentrate on winning a game on the road. The Tigers travel to play FSU this weekend in a critical ACC matchup. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIce to see some of our guys will be back this week.***

Nov 7, 2010, 8:01 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Anybody know FSU's injury report. Seems like one of their

Nov 7, 2010, 8:12 PM

o linemen got hurt late in the UNC game.

No significant injuries according to the Orlando Sentinel...

Nov 8, 2010, 10:52 AM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/os-florida-state-football-news-1108-20101107,0,4293001.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+orlandosentinel%2Fsports%2Fcollege+%28OrlandoSentinel.com+-+College+Sports%29

INJURY UPDATE: The Seminoles had no significant injuries against North Carolina. RB Ty Jones didn't play but Fisher said Jones could have played and that he wasn't hurt.

I think I remember their starting center leaving late in the game with some sort of knee injury, but I guess he's okay.

null

Why is Hopkins not POTG on offense??? Parker really?***

Nov 7, 2010, 10:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IKR..sounds to me he did that to make up...

Nov 8, 2010, 2:45 AM

for benching parker and hurting his wittle feelings

Re: IKR..sounds to me he did that to make up...

Nov 8, 2010, 7:46 AM

Agreed. KP didn't reall deserve the honor, even though he played a little better than usual. I'd say Dabo mad a "make up call". The fumbled hand-off hurt Taj, but he did fine, too, otherwise. He should play more minutes. We will need him next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2010, 9:09 AM

One play, one fumble. How do you call that " played well"? Wake up. Kyle Parker is playing with cracked ribs and still goes 20-for- 29 while being sacked 4 times and hit late a bunch of others. I didn't like the way he started, but the way he came back is what he should be judged by. Tajh needs a whole lot more practice time from what I've seen and Parker is Clemson's only chance to go anywhere this season, so get on board or sit it out. However ugly that win may have been, a win in Tally this week will probably put Clemson in the ACCCG against a Va. Tech team that struggled against a Ga. Tech team w/o their star QB. N.C. St. and Md. have to win out in the ACC and they play each other, so one is gone. There are numerous ways for Clemson to win the division if they win at FSU already having head-to-head tiebreakers against all 3 eligible teams. Beat the Seminoles and Wake and hope for the best. Either way, its time for support and not derision. I'm calling Clemson 24 / Va. Tech 20 in Charlotte and a BCS bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than one play, and how many fumbles for the beloved KP?

Nov 8, 2010, 10:23 AM

I think Tajh needs a lot more practice also... IN GAMES! I'm sure he fumbles handoffs all the time with Hot Rod while practicing with the 2nd stringers... puuulleezzeee.

We had our shot to get Tajh meaningful snaps for at least a quarter against NC St and Dabo folded to crybaby Parker. FSU would have to gameplan for two possible quarterbacks, and Tajh would have had a chance to get rid of his 6 snap jitters in a friendly environment. The one passing attempt he had, he had to scramble to avoid a loss. May as well get Hopkins back there to hand the ball off or run away from pressure, who needs a QB?? Tajh hasn't played well in games this year, but why did we recruit him if he can't throw a pass or read cover 2 defenses? This is nothing other than Dabo/Parker loyalty at this point.

Everyone's all excited about the ACCCG now, but apparently have forgotten how horrible we've played ALL YEAR. NC State dropped a W in our laps Saturday like we did with BC. I'm sure if anyone asked you before the BC game, you'd have probably picked a win at BC and a loss against NC St. Oh well, they were reversed, but don't think for a moment that Parker is pulling us through. Harper and the receivers squeaked out the points in that game! Offensive player of the game, what a bunch of weak BS!

Nov 8, 2010, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: IKR..sounds to me he did that to make up... ]

While it is true, there was a fumble, you assume it was Taj's fault. Maybe it was or maybe it wasn't, but the fact remains that our future isn't in number 11. Fact may be that leaving him in the game with cracked ribs cost us wins. He certainly missed 2 key throws in the Auburn game that cost us that game, and he didn't play worth a crap the next 2 games either. I believe it was due to his injury, but that doesn't make it go away. As for me going away, I've been a very good fan for a very long time, and I'll be one for as long as I am breathing. I'm not a fair weather fan. I want nothing but what is best for this team, and I want KP to play well. I also know that he will not be our QB next year, so I would like for TB to get some meaningful game time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hahahahahaahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nov 8, 2010, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: IKR..sounds to me he did that to make up... ]

no way that happens.

The pumpers already have a ready made excuse for next year

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: Highlights from Dabo Swinney's Sunday teleconference

Nov 8, 2010, 7:21 AM

Parker is player of the game ???? All Kyle has to do is show up and Dabo gives him an award. I sure wish the Rockies had made him an offer he could not have refused. The guy is a stumbling,fumbling pretty boy, who is now afraid to take a hit! I can't beieve a guy they benched for poor decision making gets player of the game. What is this coaching staff thinking! KOOLAID drinkers a'la Jim Jones.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched the 1st half last night...Kyle took some hits.

Nov 8, 2010, 8:31 AM

I'll watch the 2nd half 2-nite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheap shots at KP? Really? What do you...

Nov 8, 2010, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Highlights from Dabo Swinney's Sunday teleconference ]

hope to accomplish? He didn't play well in the first half. In fact, he stunk it up but he was running for his life. He didn't give much effort chasing down the runner after his pick but otherwise he showed great effort all day. He really made some great throws after he came back in and I think he will play well in Tally.

If you think that berating a player by calling him a "stumbling,fumbling pretty boy..." will somehow help the team, please enlighten me because this would be an entirely new kind of psychology.

Message was edited by: Smplman®

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

I think I'm somewhere in the middle on this one.

Nov 8, 2010, 10:09 AM

While I won't put him as far down on the effort scale as some very recent QB's we've had, I'm not going to say he gives Dantzler levels of effort either.

That throw out of bounds on 3rd down in the 4th Q when he could have run and probably made the first (and likely taken a hit in the process) was one such example.

The sideline pouting/coach ignoring and snippy interview comments need to go and go fast though.

Re: Cheap shots at KP? Really? What do you...

Nov 8, 2010, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Cheap shots at KP? Really? What do you... ]

Logic game for you:

If KP is a professional, then KP will be able to take the criticism.

KP is a professional, ergo, he will be able to take the criticism.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,580
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic