Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerNet Talk #95: Unacceptable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,777

Nov 4, 2010, 10:01 AM

The debacle that was last weekend is finally headed towards my rear-view mirror. I know there are a lot of people who won’t get over it for much longer and I can’t fault them. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a stroke...

Nov 4, 2010, 10:05 AM

listening to his tiger call in show earlier this week.
The part when he said 'don't go burning anything down give it a few more seasons...'
A FEW more seasons?

I kept rewinding it and replaying it, sure that I hadn't heard that.

Also, very annoying that he keeps talking about Dabo building a "program". Um, no. Dabo himself said the pieces were all in place when he took the job. BOWDEN, love him or hate him, built the program from where we were in '98. Dabo doesn't get that excuse.

epifunny thinks you are arrogant and impatient

Nov 4, 2010, 10:06 AM

and have no idea about anything about football.

Feel free to call him, he will give you his number

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: epifunny thinks you are arrogant and impatient

Nov 4, 2010, 10:15 AM

that one would know about arrogant anyway. fine to have an opinion. wrong to belittle those who don't share it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You asked who would've pictured this...

Nov 4, 2010, 10:12 AM

... I predicted in August that we'd go 6-6 at best and possibly 4-8. To me, the question isn't who would've had the season playing out this way, but why someone wouldn't have had it this way. Was our OL really that dominant last year? No. And experience doesn't always mean better. Better means better. So, considering we have the same coaches, coaching the same techniques as last year and zero proven impact players (Spiller, Ford, Palmer) I can't understand how anyone had us better than 6-6.

I am tired of people pretending that seniors and 4 year starters automatically means teams will be better. Tell that to the Dukes, Temples and Eastern Michigans and tons of other D1 schools who all have 5th year seniors playing on gameday who go decades without winning.

Until Clemson begins to take sports seriously, we will be a 6-6 team for quite sometime, regardless of how many players we have returning year to year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Predicting 4-8 was a little ridiculous...

Nov 4, 2010, 10:23 AM

6-6 is more reasonable, and what I feel we're heading for at this point in the season.

I disagree with you about not having proven impact players on this team. Kyle Parker looked to the world to be a top 3 QB in the ACC this year after how he played last year. He's been a huge disappointment.

McDaniel and Bowers were both expexted to be (and have been) impact players on defense this year. Rashard Hall has also come up big after showing flashes last year.

While not as proven, Ellington and Allen were both expected to be huge contributors this year, and both have been (Ellington far moreso than Allen).

7-5 seemed like a pretty reasonable prediction to me, with a game either way very likely. Nobody predicted the BC loss. If that game was won, which it should have been and predicting otherwise would have been foolishg, we'd be sitting at 5-3 and 7-5 would be a foregone conclusion.

null

I've said before...

Nov 4, 2010, 10:25 AM

there's something weird about our Qb's the past 7 or 8 years.
Whitehurst 03- outstanding/ 04 17 INTs in 1st four games
Proctor good in '05/ couldn't hit sand from a camel in '06
Harper sets records in '07 but was terrible in '08.
Parker last year was great, this year pedestrian.

Our offensive staff seems to make QB's WORSE.

I think that's the infamous sophomore slump...

Nov 4, 2010, 10:27 AM

It happens everywhere. Opposing coaches get a year's worth of game-tape to study the habits of a QB, then they make adjustments and the QB struggles a little bit (or a lot). It does seem to happen quite frequently here, though.

null

Re: Predicting 4-8 was a little ridiculous...

Nov 4, 2010, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Predicting 4-8 was a little ridiculous... ]

Sorry, but I had us losing to BC. So far, my predictions have been 100% and dead on target. Every issue I talked about that day on the show has come to pass. So call it ridiculous. Right it right.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Predicting 4-8 was a little ridiculous...

Nov 4, 2010, 11:02 AM

Obviously, that was before BC was 2 - 5, on a five game losing skid going no where, and 0 - 4 in the conference. This year's BC team is not the same team as previous BC teams. They aren't going to a bowl and may win one more game if they're fortunate (and get to play Duke).

Before the season, I, too, thought BC would be a tough game. Based on what's happened this year, they should not have been...

MT

Receivers?

Nov 4, 2010, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Predicting 4-8 was a little ridiculous... ]

This is purely my opinion and yes it will stink to a lot of folks but has anyone else not thought that our receivers have been very slack this year. With the number of dropped passes, yes the QB shares some of this, it is no wonder why were are in the position we are now.

Re: TigerNet Talk #95: Unacceptable

Nov 4, 2010, 10:25 AM

KP is afraid to get hurt again! He has not played the same ever since that Auburn game. He has lost that no fear focused play. It is now clouded with the fear of injury.

one thing also to consider ab the Auburn game is this

Nov 4, 2010, 10:45 AM

Their offense was not clicking when the two teams from our state played them. Too much expectation resulted frrom the way we appeared to dominate. WHen a BC team that runs between the tackles from a traditional attack can shred us, just imagine what would happen if we played ag Aubursn spread now.

Every loss is DIRECTLY attributable to BAD COACHING.

Nov 4, 2010, 1:38 PM

Clemson lost to Auburn because our coaches:1) Foolishly split carries evenly between Harper & Ellington.
2) Foolishly played Ashe & Dye over Hopkins & McNeal.
3) Foolishly went conservative in the 3rd quarter.
4) Made stupid 4th down calls.

Clemson lost to Miami because our coaches:1) Foolishly split carries evenly between Harper & Ellington.
2) Foolishly played Ashe & Dye over Hopkins & McNeal.

Clemson lost to UNC because our coaches:
1) Foolishly split carries evenly between Harper & Ellington.
2) Gave Ellington just 12 carries. (Even the ESPN announcers repeatedly commented on the stupidity of the play-calling.)

Clemson lost to BC because:
BC had the #4 ranked run-D and the #80 ranked pass-D. But prior to the last 2 desperation drives (of obviuosly all passes) our coaches foolishly put the offense in a bind by being predictable. Even BC's linebacker, Kuechly said that they knew what Clemson would do based on down and formation.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/nov/03/clemson-tips-its-hand-when-in-the-shotgun/

On 1st down:
Clemson rushed 67% (14-of-21) for 3.9 YPC.
They usually got behind the chains and put Clemson in obvious passing situations.
BC dropped 8-9 into coverage.
So Clemson only converted 30% of the 3rd down passes (with 1 interception).
Clemson picked up one rushing 1st down.

What happened on the 33% (7-of-21) times that Clemson threw on 1st down?
Clemson had a 71% completion ratio.
Clemson averaged 11 yards per attempt.
Clemson picked up two 1st downs.

Parker comleted 71% on 1st down but 30% on 3rd down. Was Parker a different player on 3rd down, or did the coaches put him in situations with a low probability of success because of bad, predictable play-calling.

NCSU put up the most points on BC (30 points) with a 2:1 pass-to-run ratio, including 76% passes on 1st down. VT put up the fewest points on BC (19 points) and passed 53% of the time, including 29% on 1st down.

Apparently our foolish coaches thought it would be better to emulate the teams that put up the fewest points.

Last year, Dabo made similarly stupid coaching mistakes that cost Clemson losses to GT, TCU, & UMD. With better coaching, Clemson could have been a Top 15 team both years. Clemson's coaches are inept. No FBS football school would hire Dabo Swinney to be HC and no FBS football school would hire Napier to be OC. They're not competent for big league football. If Clemson had better coaches, Clemson would have 2-4 more wins this season, and 2-4 more wins last season. Dabo is incompetent.

I'd place more blame on Napier, but the rumors are that Dabo is meddling in the play-calling. When Napier was asked if he is calling most of the plays, he refused to answer. In any event, Dabo hired Napier.

Clemson needs to fire Dabo and hire a real coach like Patterson, Peterson, or any of the many, many coaches out there who have actually proven themselves to be smart, winning coaches.

I like Dabo's attitude about some things. And he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. But he's just not competent. Nobody would hire him to be HC. Nobody. (See Tommy Bowden.) If Clemson keeps Dabo, it just goes to show how little Clemson University and Clemson fans care about winning.

Re: Man O Man, This stated my thoughts to the Tee about team

Nov 4, 2010, 1:47 PM

This 2010 team showed such promise in the Auburn game...but have flamed out (except for GT game) for some reason.

I understand that Kyle Parker was injured more than we've been told, even though he was a warrior for going back and playing rest of the Auburn game, getting a TD to tie the score...and then throwing a bullet pass in OT which would have won the game if caught.

Was this loss and QB injury the reason for the letdown...since the team has been erratic ever since...and Kyle has not been on his game totally. The lack luster performances at UNC & BC were to me where a team just didn't muster up the will or passion to win...or to Not Lose.

Very disappointing, but it must be ten times more frustrating to the team since it's their lives.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,777
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic