Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs. BC prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Oct 29, 2010, 10:31 AM

The Clemson Tigers face another must-win situation when they head into Chestnut Hills on Saturday to take on a Boston College team that has lost five consecutive games and may be playing in desperation mode. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, hope you're right on this one

Oct 29, 2010, 10:43 AM

but unfortunately, I think it will be closer than this. This team always seems to give us problems, especially in the trenches. Hopefully our maturing OL can stand up to the pressure they will be bringing (even w/out Albright). Could be scary, but here's hoping the team can finally pull one out on the road (even with the artificial background noise :)) Go Tigers!

Re: Clemson vs. BC prediction

Oct 29, 2010, 10:51 AM

Probably right. I think it will be an uncomfortable game but 31-13 24-13 Clemson

An old school ### beating, I hope Dabo gets the

Oct 29, 2010, 10:55 AM

opportunity to run up the score and takes it to them.

I would like to see Boyd get to play the second half

null

Didn't we just have a kick return for a TD against Maryland?***

Oct 29, 2010, 10:56 AM

Re: Didn't we just have a kick return for a TD against Maryland?***

Oct 29, 2010, 11:07 AM

Yes, Ellington ran back a kick in the maryland game to the ecstatic cheers of CJ Spiller on the sideline.

yeah he messed up on that one***

Oct 29, 2010, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Didn't we just have a kick return for a TD against Maryland?*** ]

Re: Didn't we just have a kick return for a TD against Maryland?***

Oct 29, 2010, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Didn't we just have a kick return for a TD against Maryland?*** ]

Maybe he slipped and meant "punt return"?

Just to be technical. Clemson doesn't control their own

Oct 29, 2010, 11:09 AM

destiny until MD loses another game. They have NCSU and FSU left on the schedule (as well as Miami) and only one loss. I know their is a snowball chance in Hades of that actually happening. But they will probably beat Wake this weekend. They will surely lose @ Miami next Sat. So we probably won't control our own destiny unless we win our next two.

Ok sure...do you really believe that Maryland will win out?***

Oct 29, 2010, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you control your own fate

Oct 30, 2010, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Just to be technical. Clemson doesn't control their own ]

not destiny

Actual score of the Clem-GT game is incorrect... 27-13***

Oct 29, 2010, 11:17 AM

null

You could at least get the "actual scores" right

Oct 29, 2010, 1:05 PM

Clemson 27, GT 13...not 24-13
UNC 21, Clemson 16...not 21-15

Leave it to Tigernet to hire an unproven writer...

lol***

Oct 29, 2010, 1:07 PM

Re: You could at least get the "actual scores" right

Oct 29, 2010, 1:08 PM [ in reply to You could at least get the "actual scores" right ]

And at least put the "schedule" in order. David started off with the PC game in his prediction vs. actual score part of this. We played UNT first. If you're going to be consistent, be consistent throughout. SHEESH!!

Re: You could at least get the "actual scores" right

Oct 29, 2010, 4:39 PM

Oh, give him a break. You ever work against a deadline? Anyone has to admit, statistically speaking, he's pretty close on the scores. Hope he's right on this one (although I agree with some others....it ain't ever easy against BC)

W

Boston College has lost 5 streight games

Oct 29, 2010, 5:35 PM

We do not have a coaching staff that can scheme or motivate a team enough to beat a decent football team that has lost 5 in a row. Boston College salvages their season by whipping us. Hire Chip Kelly

who?***

Oct 29, 2010, 5:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who?***

Oct 29, 2010, 5:46 PM

Oregon's HC. He heavily recruited Taj. He's not a West Coast guy. Clemson has a better recruiting base. I know Clemson could persuade him.

Who? Chip Kelly, the HC who runs LaMichael James 22X/game

Oct 29, 2010, 8:31 PM [ in reply to who?*** ]

You know Chip Kelly. He's the head coach of #1 Oregon.

He's the head coach who is undefeated and winning games by giving his 195-pound star running back, LaMichael James, an average of 22 carries/game, which is 7 more carries/game than 190-pound Andre Ellington gets. Chip Kelly is the kind of head coach who would rather play his best running back in order to win games than to have his best player sit on the sideline watching his team lose.

You know Chip Kelly, right? He's had many years of success as an offensive coordinator, and was widely considered one of the hottest candidates in the country for a head coaching job. Just like Dabo.

Where is Mr. Berry Schnapps

Oct 29, 2010, 5:36 PM

I'm stunned there's not rant from Razzmatazz on here about how Spence blew a chance at the 2007 ACCCG by calling run plays against BC's top rated rushing D when he should have called pass plays against their low rated passing D. Surely the fact that BC's D has similar ratings this yr means that a game from 3 yrs ago will have a huge impact on this Sat's game. ;)

Nothing logical to say, so you make stuff up about me? Lame

Oct 29, 2010, 8:09 PM

Typically I post analyses that are backed by statistics and logic. I welcome logical or data-backed counterpoints to my analyses, but you've never provided any.

Instead you make up stupid stuff that you fantasize I might be thinking and then attribute the stupidity to me. Wow! It's like a little kid on the playground shouting, "I'll bet Jimmy thinks dog turds are yummy." How old are you? Did you graduate from Clemson?

Re: Clemson vs. BC prediction

Oct 30, 2010, 1:35 PM

Wrong. Ron is official, can you please add that to your prediction.

Officiating Crew: Ron Cherry. Cherry and his crew have a long history of calling dubious calls against the Clemson team. Whether it is bias or more likely how his crew compares to Clemson football. Clemson has nothing to gain from Ron and his crew, and will most likely hurt from the crews calling style.

Advantage : Boston College

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE HORRIBLE

Oct 30, 2010, 2:39 PM

Never Close, always wrong

Time for a Change

Oct 30, 2010, 3:36 PM

Dabo needs to now build for the future and bench the ineffective Kyle Parker for the rest of the season. He also needs to strongly consider firing both coordinators by the end of the season.

Why are you people getting on Steele?

Oct 30, 2010, 3:41 PM

The defense has improved as the season has gone along, there are no problems there.

Napier should have never been hired to begin with.

Tajh Boyd should be given a chance.

We need a kicker.

Agree about the QB, not the coaches.

Oct 30, 2010, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Time for a Change ]

Parker was terrible today...pretty much the last 5 games actually. Until he figures out how to throw the ball downfield, it won't matter who the coordinators are.

Defense gave up 16 points...not so bad.

Offense got 3 points...that's terrible, but I think it has far more to do with Parker than anything else. Once he rolls to the right, the best you can hope for is an incomplete pass. Dude can't see more than 5 yards downfield either. Time to move on in my opinion...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic