Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Numbers are ugly for the Clemson defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Oct 6, 2010, 4:52 PM

The Tigers are currently 85th in the nation in total defense, and Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele said a few big plays per game are what's hurting the defense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is, these few big plays per game are major,

Oct 6, 2010, 5:17 PM

crippling mistakes, and while I agree they can be corrected, they haven't been yet. Come on Steele, coach 'em up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well, the difference between good defenses and average

Oct 6, 2010, 6:03 PM

defenses comes down to big plays. Good defenses limit big plays, especially those for touchdowns. Average defenses don't. Stopping teams "most of the time" doesn't really accomplish much if you give up big plays. And our defense gives up way too many big plays.

I agree with Steele - we have talented, aggressive, tough players on defense. Those things aren't the problem. The problem seems to be schemes and philosophy. It needs to be fixed. Now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not schemes. Maye & DMac just blew 3 assignments for 21 pts.***

Oct 6, 2010, 7:19 PM

Re: Well, the difference between good defenses and average

Oct 6, 2010, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Well, the difference between good defenses and average ]

Well Judge, It needed to be fixed last year, did'nt get fixed. We are going into game 5. Is it fixed, at this point and time, I would say, I really don't think it is. Please forgive me b/c, I don't like thinking nothing bad, or saying anything bad about anything Clemson. But I have truely lost faith Steele and his defence. And while I'm at it. I would go as far as saying that Dabo should think about replacing Steele and Jeff Scott by season end. I love Clemson more than any coach that has ever coached there. I believe Dabo is the right coach to get Clemson to where Clemson should be. And he must make what ever changes that has to be made to get Clemson on top where Clemson should and deserves to be. Now that I've said what I think. I can't and won't take it back !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goes up to 420 per game against only FBS teams.***

Oct 6, 2010, 6:05 PM

So, is he saying we're only a few plays away?

Oct 6, 2010, 6:52 PM

;)

Re: So, is he saying we're only a few plays away?

Oct 6, 2010, 7:22 PM

I have heard that before.....................somewhere.

Re: So, is he saying we're only a few plays away?

Oct 6, 2010, 7:35 PM

TB just flashed before my eyes...........

Re: Numbers are ugly for the Clemson defense

Oct 6, 2010, 9:02 PM

If it wasn't for those three balls I hit out of bounds, I would have broken 80 today.

Remind me why Saban didn't fight to keep this guy?***

Oct 6, 2010, 9:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remind me why Saban didn't fight to keep this guy?***

Oct 7, 2010, 7:11 PM

I think we know the answer!!

Take away my triple bogies and double bogies and I'm a 10

Oct 6, 2010, 9:34 PM

handicap. Blah blah blah....just get er done, Steele.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

It is Steele's Jobs To Keep avoid those 3-4 big plays

Oct 6, 2010, 10:13 PM

If you don't have the talent and are simply out-skilled is an understandable thing, but to be honest, we have been 3-5 plays away from being a BCS team for years and it is getting old. Steele is expected to coach these kids to avoid getting burned in big plays....

I like Steele but also hold him accountable and don't care to the excuses....fix it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

What talent?

Oct 6, 2010, 10:14 PM

If we have all of this talent, then that makes the coaches look even worse. I don't think we have good talent or good coaches. If we had such good talent, they could win even with average coaching. Don't forget that the D lost the two games to GT last year.

Re: What talent?

Oct 6, 2010, 10:38 PM

Go back over to fgf coot. Talk about that B/S your coaches is shoving up y'alls Donkey's !!!

COOT!***

Oct 6, 2010, 10:26 PM

Re: Numbers are ugly for the Clemson defense

Oct 7, 2010, 9:07 AM

Its because but for one game we have sucked it up.We are going to get beat deep cause our LBs cant pressure the QB and he has all day to throw the ball.Its going to be a long year if we cant correct this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kevin Steele is proving that he's not a very good coach IMO***

Oct 8, 2010, 2:01 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic