Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami at Clemson prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Oct 1, 2010, 11:13 AM

The 16th-ranked Miami Hurricanes travel to Clemson for a showdown at high noon on Saturday. Can the Tigers begin ACC play on a high note and begin the process of making Death Valley an opponent's nightmare? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami at Clemson prediction

Oct 1, 2010, 11:33 AM

How can you say special teams are even when UM has taken a couple back for TD's already?

Did it get edited before I read it? It says edge to miami.***

Oct 1, 2010, 12:03 PM

Hood is clueless.***

Oct 1, 2010, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Miami at Clemson prediction ]

Because we have one of the best punters in the county, that

Oct 1, 2010, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Miami at Clemson prediction ]

counter-balances the few breaks Miami has gotten.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Randy Shannon and John Lovett couldn't coach their

Oct 1, 2010, 12:46 PM

way to a pee wee league title.

My worthless prediction...

Oct 1, 2010, 1:51 PM

When Clemson has the ball:
Clemson couldn't run the ball against Miami last year when 1-2 of their front 7 were out injured so I don't see Clemson being able to run the ball very well this year, now that those Miami defenders are back, Austin is gone, and Smith is out injured. Whether or not Clemson is in this game depends on whether the O-line can protect Parker and whether Clemson's WRs can get open and catch the ball consistently-- like almost no drops. The jury is out. We'll see.
Advantage- Miami.

When Miami has the ball:
Miami was able to run reasonably well against Clemson last year and should be able to run reasonably well this year. Miami was able to pass reasonably well last year, but Jacory Harris threw 3 picks (2 to DMac and 1 to Hall) and he's thrown 6 this year (though at least one bounced out of his receivers' hands), so I don't see him going pick-free on this game. His pick count is a key to this game.
Advantge- Miami.

Special teams:
Miami's returners (Miller & Benjamim) are pretty stellar and returned a KO & punt for TDs against Ohio State). Bosher is solid. Clemson is relatively unproven against good teams.
Advantage- Miami.

Coaching:
Whipple is better than Napier. Swinney & Steele are about even with Shannon & Lovett.
Advantage- Miami.

Venue:
Harris is a cool cucumber who won't get rattled, but hopefully it'll be so loud that Miami will incur a couple of critical false-start penalties, and delay-of-game penalties (from inaudible audibles). And hopefully the home crowd will fire up Clemson's players.
Advantage- Clemson.

Misc:
Miami had an extra 2 days to prepare due to their Thursday night win at Pitt. Clemson had a full bye-week to rest up and prepare. Clemson needs this game more, and is probably more motivated. Miami may be motivated by revenge but may be feeling a bit over-confident after thrashing Pitt.
Advantage- Clemson.

Conclusion:
On a neutral field, Miami should win this game if both teams play equally well with a week to prepare. But that's not the case. Gamblers have Miami as a 3-point favorite, and I think that's fair. But this game is essentially a toss up. Whoever makes fewer mistakes wins. Who will that be? I have no idea.

Prediction:
It'll be a good game and we'll learn a lot more about both teams.

Go Tigers!

Re: My worthless prediction...

Oct 1, 2010, 2:20 PM

You right about one thing Worthless,every thing about last year..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct -> My worthless prediction...***

Oct 1, 2010, 2:21 PM [ in reply to My worthless prediction... ]

Take that idiotic post to a USuC board. Getting tired of

Oct 2, 2010, 8:45 AM [ in reply to My worthless prediction... ]

reading your almost a Clemson fan posts. You've been doing it since baseball. Its lame to pretend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting thing about Hood's predictions...

Oct 1, 2010, 3:22 PM

since he always picks Clemson, and since Clemson has about a 60% winning percentage, he guarantees himself a winning prediction percentage every season...

he actually picked against us 2 yrs ago when we were

Oct 1, 2010, 4:41 PM

favored against usc. I think he caught heck after we won that one. This yr I have agreed with all four of his predictions, even us beating Auburn.

Oct 1, 2010, 8:53 PM

advantage clemson on special teams??? wow

Oct 1, 2010, 8:56 PM

it is actually even on there but the point remains the same. Poor analysis.

Oct 1, 2010, 9:35 PM

Special teams "EVEN" Man, he must think Spiller is still returning KO's. That guy now has a credibility problem. All else seems about right however!

Oct 2, 2010, 4:13 AM

I really don't think anybody has forgotten about we don't have Spiller returning kick offs, punts or what ever. On the other hand, lets don't forget. We have a running back that is gaining more yards per carry his second year, than Spiller did his whole career. Nobody can ever take nothing away from Spiller and his game. But when teams plan worked to shut Spiller down first worked, like usuc, Spiller was ineffective. When someone compares last years tean with this years. You will see that this years team has shown more balance than last. This game will not be won or lost with special things happening. It will be won tho in the trenches. And i hope Clemson proves to the better team in the trenches....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson 29 Miami 27***

Oct 2, 2010, 2:11 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic