Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wednesday practice report: Dabo explains quack like a duck comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Sep 29, 2010, 9:20 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney challenged Clemson fans on Tuesday to “quit quacking like a bunch of ducks” and rock the valley on Saturday when the Tigers host 16th-ranked Miami. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people get any more thin-skinned

Sep 29, 2010, 9:24 PM

they'll start leaking on the carpet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I can't believe you just said that....

Sep 29, 2010, 9:43 PM

;)

I'm embarrassed as a Clemson fan that we have

Sep 29, 2010, 9:33 PM

people in our fan base that actually have made this a story. It's beyond ridiculous.

Get real people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: I'm embarrassed as a Clemson fan that we have

Sep 29, 2010, 9:40 PM

It is embarrassing, but I think you would have this problem with any major NCAA football team fanbase.

Maybe, but I agree that it shouldn't be at ours.

Sep 29, 2010, 9:43 PM

Ridiculous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Maybe, but I agree that it shouldn't be at ours.

Sep 29, 2010, 9:55 PM

They would really hate living in the central time zone where these games start at 11. Auburn has one this week. Of course they're playing some directional school. But they all get one sooner or later, and I don't here any complaining about it, but I'm not on their message boards, and can hardly stand to listen to their call in shows.

What's a "directional school"?***

Sep 12, 2018, 11:22 AM

Re: Eastern/Western/North/South

Sep 30, 2010, 6:13 AM

Ya know like Eastern Michigan, South Alabama, West Texas, Western Carolina, etc.

Not generally used for North Carolina, South Dakota etc where the states name includes a direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh okay....like Southern Cal? Thanks***

Sep 30, 2010, 12:24 PM

At least it's our coach that has the right attitude.

Sep 30, 2010, 3:33 AM [ in reply to I'm embarrassed as a Clemson fan that we have ]

Did you hear Tom O'Brien crying about having to play Cincinnati on Thursday night? Sure they ended up winning, but he sounded pitiful leading up to the game. I was embarrassed for him. It was painful to listen to.

Every school has at least a handful of embarrassing "fans", but at least our coach isn't an embarrassment.

I disagree, I think it's more embarassing that our media

Sep 30, 2010, 7:23 AM [ in reply to I'm embarrassed as a Clemson fan that we have ]

outlets for Clemson University don't have something better to write a story about than this! They are the ones getting everyone stirred up! The whole point is go play the game, not listen to the media or TV or whoever else. I remember the whole week of the Auburn game the talk was "the national media is not even giving Clemson a chance." I thought the whole time, "who gives a ###!" Just go win and all this other crap will go away. Oh and stop writing stupid pissant news stories about crap like this and report on something worthwhile for once!

I love Dabo!!***

Sep 29, 2010, 9:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Line up!***

Sep 30, 2010, 12:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Line up!***

Sep 30, 2010, 6:38 AM

Spot the ball. Who cares what time as long as the tigers are playing. Quack like a duck? sounds like coots to me!

I don't want to speak for everyone, but

Sep 30, 2010, 8:23 AM

I feel strongly that any moron caught walking around with a duck caller this Saturday will be rightfully shunned. We don't need that kind of crap in our house when there is something much, much bigger at stake. The main focus each week is "who" we play, not "when" we play them.

I saddens me Dabo has to speak to this, we really have some

Sep 30, 2010, 8:31 AM

idiots for fans

I think anyone who shows up with a duck call should have it

Sep 30, 2010, 9:10 AM

strategically placed where they can still make the duck call but they would never want it near their mouth again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: Wednesday practice report: Dabo explains quack like a duck comments

Sep 30, 2010, 1:17 PM

I think we all need to calm down grab a beer and get ready to get loud. I don't care if you complain or not. Its a free country, but no matter what time the game is I'm gonna be loud, stand up, and make it miserable for the visiting team. Clemson Fans you need to do the same. Don't tell people to sit down so you can see. Stand up so you can help the team. I'm tired of people not cheering. You can find me in the upper deck on the south side. I'll be easy to find.

Grandma Vacuums Cat GIF - Grandma Vacuums Cat
see more Gifs

Sep 30, 2010, 3:27 PM

OH MY GOD People. Really? You always crying about the start times like we are the number 1 team in the nation. We have to earn the prime time spot and to do that the fans need to be in Death Valley and make the noise level unbearable for Miami and win. The we need to continue to win and have huge fan support every game. Lets worry about what matters and that is Winning the game NOT WHAT TIME IT STARTS!!!

Sep 30, 2010, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Wednesday practice report: Dabo explains quack like a duck comments ]

You have just said what I have been saying for 35+ years. Instead of telling me "sit down so I can see", stand up and cheer for our team. I've been standing in the same spot cheering my head off for almost 40 years trying to get others around me involved and I don't plan on changing a thing. I'll be standing and cheering in section "I" every home game. Come join me as we cheer our Tigers to victory. Let's bring the fear back to Death Valley ya'll!!
CR

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic