Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney talks about Parker's decision to return
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Jul 21, 2010, 5:05 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney met with the media Wednesday afternoon, and he said that the news of quarterback Kyle Parker's return has created quite a buzz. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We all knew all along that CJ was a team player,

Jul 21, 2010, 5:29 PM

and for him to call Dabo please with KP's decision. Just shows concerned about his X team mates, for he wants them to have their best chance to win. And he knows this will give Tahj Boyd time to get his feet wet to succeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just

Jul 21, 2010, 6:48 PM

don't get it Clemson is a special place, not just a place to get a degree or prep for pro sports.

There really is something in those hills.

BTW, C.J. Spiller rocks, even after leaving Clemson. I want to name my daughter Carrie (family name). I just wish I could come up with a middle name that started w/ "J" that I really like.

Re: I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just

Jul 21, 2010, 6:54 PM

Jules
Jingo
Jeez
Jeepers
Juanita

Pick any. Glad to help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jul 21, 2010, 7:00 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Really, you're having a hard time coming up with a girl's name that starts with 'J', really?

Jan
Janice
Janet
Jacqueline
Jasmine
Jean
Jennifer
Jessica
Jill
Joyce
Julia
Julie

Heck name her after that little town on the Newberry/Laurens county border.

Jul 21, 2010, 7:09 PM

Jalapa has a nice ring to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 21, 2010, 8:07 PM

Well, I was thinking of Joanna. But I agree Jalapa is better. Although all Jalapa really is to me is the cutoff from US 76 to get to I-26 and that little Lutheran church (St. Marks?).

Jul 21, 2010, 10:10 PM

Carrie Joanna ClemKWA is as good a name as any.

Did you know? The capital of Veracruz, MEX is Jalapa sometimes spelled Xalapa. It's citizens are called Jalapenos

What about Jesus?***

Jul 21, 2010, 7:20 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Jesus IS a Hippie.

Jul 21, 2010, 11:00 PM

Peace. Love thy enemy. Turn the other cheek. The meek shall inherit the earth.

Jasmine***

Jul 21, 2010, 7:40 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Juniper***

Jul 21, 2010, 8:05 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Jarvis Jankins******

Jul 21, 2010, 8:08 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Jul 21, 2010, 8:10 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Julia
Juanita
Are nice sounding J names..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jocelyn, Jacqueline, Jade, Janae, Jane

Jul 21, 2010, 8:16 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

It dawns on me that I've been through this exercise a few too many times...

Jacoby***

Jul 21, 2010, 8:21 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Jorge***

Jul 21, 2010, 10:06 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Jamesdavis!!!***

Jul 21, 2010, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

Re: I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they

Jul 22, 2010, 12:13 AM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

I tried desperately to name my 1 year old son, Spiller Davis Roberts.

I lost the battle...maybe if we have another son...

Jul 22, 2010, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

not according to the loud clucking fan base in Columbia, SC.

Jul 22, 2010, 2:31 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

yep, can'yt cnvince the folks in Columbia of that. the heck with them and their concrete jungle of a campus.

i always like jenna and jana***

Jul 23, 2010, 1:30 AM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

+Carrie June***

Jul 24, 2010, 7:59 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for non Clemson fans (not really) but they just ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dyes' comments are the attitude that all player and fans

Jul 21, 2010, 8:56 PM

alike should take. "It doesn't change the expectations." !!!

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

It wasn't about "what's in the hills," but what wasn't in...

Jul 22, 2010, 7:41 AM

the wallet. They didn't offer enough money. End of story.

I disagree:

Jul 22, 2010, 2:41 PM

"how much does Kyle Parker love Clemson ... at least 1.2 million worth. You see he is taking a gamble to stay because he wants to play another year.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/How-much-does-Kyle-Parker-love-Clemson-At-least;_ylt=AoumJF6yJCEpUkELyy0H0o7jvbYF?urn=ncaaf-257342

sorry, but if you read all the coverage, it came down to

Jul 22, 2010, 6:17 PM

the Rockies not meeting his 3 million dollar demand.

here's the story

Jul 22, 2010, 6:21 PM

Parker turned down an offer near $2.4 million from Colorado to not play football — an offer double Major League Baseball’s recommended “slot” for the 26th pick — according to Baseball America.

Parker was reportedly seeking $3 million to give up football — the amount the Red Sox paid Casey Kelly in 2008 to keep him from playing quarterback at Tennessee.

The Rockies gave their first-round pick last year, Tyler Matzek, $3.5 million. But Matzek was selected 11th and was viewed as a top-50 prospect before throwing a professional pitch.

A source close to the Rockies said the organization believed the $3 million demand was too much, but even before the decision, the club was open to an agreement involving football

Read more:
http://www.thestate.com/2010/07/22/1386282/parkers-passion-for-football-prevails.html#RSS=sports#ixzz0uS6sW3BQ

Re: here's the story

Jul 23, 2010, 5:35 PM

Justice begins with a J..I am glad you stayed Kyle!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it WAS about Clemson. If it weren't, Kyle wouldn't have

Jul 24, 2010, 5:41 PM [ in reply to It wasn't about "what's in the hills," but what wasn't in... ]

asked for as much to leave. That is obvious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Parkers overplayed their hand. Rockies called their bluff.

Jul 25, 2010, 1:03 AM

It has nothing to do with anything in any hills. The same negotiation would have occurred if he had been playing in the plains of Auburn.

Apparently the Rockies were willing to pay KP his real value, but not his real value PLUS some imaginary football value that his parents dreamed up (roughly $600k). Apparently the Rockies don't care if KP plays football for a couple months and then reports for spring baseball. A couple months one way or the other isn't worth much to the Rockies,and certainly not $600k. (That's like $150k/month!) It works well for both parties.

Parker will sign with the Rockies and leave the special hills behind in a few months.

Congratulations from Bamaland!

Jul 24, 2010, 11:00 PM

Wanted to say I'm happy for you guys that Parker chose to return. Money will be there for him next year so hopefully it's a win win situation for Clemson & Parker!

Schlante & Roll Tide,
Phillip

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic