Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker Will Return to Clemson Football Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Jul 21, 2010, 11:36 AM

Kyle Parker, the only athlete in Division I college sports history to throw 20 touchdown passes on the gridiron and hit 20 home runs on the baseball diamond in the same academic year, announced Wednesday that he will return to Clemson to play football for the 2010 season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll believe it when his MLB contract is signed.

Jul 21, 2010, 12:32 PM

I hope that I was wrong about Parker not returning. But I'll believe that this is the final decision (and admit how stupid I am) when Parker signs the MLB contract. If this decision holds, it tells me that the Rockies called the Parkers' bluff and were not willing to pay squat for KP to quit football. Apparently it's no big deal to the Rockies if Parker plays football in the fall and reports in the spring. The Parkers were reportedly asking for at least $300k more for KP to quit football. I imagine that they would have settled for $100k. Apparently the Rockies weren't willing to pay dip for a few months extra. Maybe due to KP's CWS-USC performance?

I'm sure that the Rockies will insist on a contract provision whereby they don't have to pay Parker if he gets injured to the extent that it affects his basball play, so I hope that Parker doesn't become a big prima donna on the football field because he's afraid of getting hurt. I hate when college QBs don't even make a reasonable effort to run for 1st down yardage (like Cullen Harper often did).

Wouldn't it be really funny if Boyd beat Parker after all this?

According to ALL indications, you are on the verge of having

Jul 21, 2010, 12:48 PM

to admit how stupid you are . . .

But yet, you keep "talking" . . . .

Maybe so, but I'll admit it, unlike the Bowden worshippers!

Jul 21, 2010, 1:37 PM

I think I have some credibility points stored up for the years when I correctly called for the outster of the awful Rob Spence and upper-mediocre Tommy Bowden. I remember all of the Bowden-worshippers on T-Net that defended him as a great coach day after day. But one coach later, Dabo took Clemson to an Atlantic crown-- something Bowden never did. And two years and 45 D-1 head coaching changes later, no other school has hired the upper-mediocre Tommy Bowden-- even though he made it clear from day one that he wants to coach again. But I never heard one Bowden fan get on this board and admit that they were wrong or stupid.

If Parker stays I'll man up.

You'll man up until...

Jul 21, 2010, 2:03 PM

you get bothered because Dabo called run when you thought he should have called pass. You guys are the same...."all in" until you feel a game goes bad and you feel you can coach better.

As for TB, you have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors and what opportunities he may or may not have turned down or just didn't work out. I was glad TB left/got fired because I got tired of listening to some fans bash our players and coaches. Don't get me wrong, I really like Dabo and happy to have him, but if that one catch is made in the end zone against BC (and TB didn't drop it) and we go to the ACC Championship game and then who knows, maybe TB wins that game and is still our coach. The ball has to bounce a certain way, and key plays have to be executed by the players, to get to and to win the Championship game.

Anyway, I have no doubt you'll be moaning about Dabo at some point even if you do "man up" now.

Silly conjecture. Try presenting data like I did.

Jul 21, 2010, 3:37 PM

"You guys are all the same." "I have no doubt you'll be moaning..." What a lame way to argue your point. Try facts and data if you have any.

If TB had missed out on a few head coaching jobs, I might buy your argument. But over the last TWO YEARS, Bowden missed out on FORTY-FIVE D1 head coaching opportunities. I follow college football news pretty closely, and as far as I can tell, nobody offered him or even seriously considered him. I do think he stands a chance at Vandy next year because Vandy is one of the few D1 schools out there who would be happy to have a decent team and never win a championshp, like Bowden proved he could do at Clemson for a DECADE.

So you're one of those Bowden fans that blames Aaron Kelly for dropping one difficult over-the-shoulder pass instead of the terrible coaching job against BC in 2007? Spence and Bowden lost that game over 60 minutes, not Aaron Kelly on one play. BC had the #2 ranked rushing defense and the #110 passing defense-- and BC even lost their starting CB the week prior. But Rob Spence spent over half of his plays running our backs into future-NFLer brick walls (Raji, Brice, et al) for an average of 1.5 yards per carry, even though Cullen Harper (at the time the most efficent QB in the ACC and one of the most efficient QBs in D1) was picking apart BC's weak zone pass-defense, completing 67% of his passes for 6.7 yards per catch. Even the ESPN announcers repeatedly said that they couldn't understand why Spence was trying to run the ball for no gain when Harper was having so much success passing.

And then to cap it off, on the second-last play of the final drive, with seconds left, Spence & Bowden failed to call one of their TWO remaining time-outs to think over the play-call and remind Harper not to take a sack and put us out of field goal range. Instead, Spence hurriedly called a short-drop easily-sackable pass, and Harper got sacked, taking us out of easy field goal range. Spence and Bowden went into the locker room with an "L" and extra time-out in their pocket. Terrible coaching.

Lest anyone claim that I have 20-20 hindsight, note that I predicted Spence’s failure to pass enough against BC. http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=5217067

There is a great summary of Spence & Bowden's failures in that 2007 BC game here.
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/7/2/1544114/the-worst-of-the-2000s-9-boston

Ha ha. The guy that commented on your post back then sure

Jul 21, 2010, 6:58 PM

looks like a MO-RON now. His "all caps" makes it even worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah... That's funny! That guy was a "TRUE FAN" (of Bowden).***

Jul 21, 2010, 7:41 PM

What a ridiculous thing to take pride in. ******

Jul 21, 2010, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, but I'll admit it, unlike the Bowden worshippers! ]

null

Spoken like an unrepentant Bowden fan. I see your history.

Jul 21, 2010, 8:04 PM

Did you ever admit that you were wrong about Bowden? Or do you take pride in never admitting that you're wrong?...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=859686&messageID=9243255#9243255

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=860964&messageID=9260264#9260264

I stand by both of those. You make no sense. ******

Jul 22, 2010, 12:34 AM

null

So Bowden is a B+ highly desirable coach? Too funny. Thanks!***

Jul 22, 2010, 2:39 AM

Re: I'll believe it when his MLB contract is signed.

Jul 21, 2010, 1:29 PM [ in reply to I'll believe it when his MLB contract is signed. ]

Taste like Chicken.

Re: I'll believe it when his MLB contract is signed.

Jul 21, 2010, 4:41 PM [ in reply to I'll believe it when his MLB contract is signed. ]

It want happen, and again it want happen. Don't be jealous, just be happy the Parkers has balls to stand for what they truely believe in. And thats their son is talented enough to make it in either sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!***

Jul 21, 2010, 12:43 PM

Re: Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!***

Jul 21, 2010, 12:47 PM

I think you should have kept your comments to yourself!!! You don't sound like a TRUE Clemson fan..

coach bowden is that you?***

Jul 21, 2010, 1:22 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meant to post under creepy guy's post***

Jul 21, 2010, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!*** ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited

Jul 21, 2010, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!*** ]

Pray tell, what does a TRUE Clemson fan sound like? Must a TRUE Clemson fan support stupidity, and mediocrity? I think the TRUE Clemson fans are the ones that are never satisfied. Clemson as a University should always strive to improve.

When complacency sets in, you get left behind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

easy big guy, starting to cross the creepy line.***

Jul 21, 2010, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!*** ]

For those who have no sense of humor or imagination...

Jul 21, 2010, 1:43 PM

I meant that KP says he's excited, and I don't blame him because he'll have tons of hot babes fawning all over him.

I guess that makes me a Gamecock fan according to some of the brilliant minds that post here.

Re: Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!***

Jul 21, 2010, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Good looking, millionaire, starting QB. I'd be excited too!*** ]

Creepy. "Now it's a party." - Vince Vaughn, Couples Retreat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic