Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stitt: "I would have liked to have known ahead of time."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Apr 6, 2010, 8:07 PM

Clemson point guard Demontez Stitt said that he spoke with his former head coach, Oliver Purnell, on Friday, and that everything seemed fine, and he wasn't prepared for Tuesday's blockbuster that Purnell was leaving to take over at DePaul. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think what Stitt is saying says alot...

Apr 6, 2010, 8:11 PM

... about OP's lack of concern for this team and university. Adios!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I think what Stitt is saying says alot...

Apr 6, 2010, 8:54 PM

Well, at least DePaul won't ever get past the first round in the NCAA tourney, not with One and Done Purnell.
Good riddance. OP had taken the Tigers as far as he was capabable. We can't do any worse. OP's winning record was made by beating no body teams prior to the start of playing the ACC schedule. So, I think it will not be too hard to sustain that record. TDP could even bring Tommy Bowden in to be the BB coach and TB might do as well or better than OP. Tommy owes us several million so let him coach BB for a few yrs. at no add. salary. Since we are a football school, having two football coaches would be appropriate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We can't do any worse"

Apr 6, 2010, 8:57 PM

LOL, really. With our history that is actually funny

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of ignorance with these young people today.***

Apr 6, 2010, 11:08 PM

you are a moron

Apr 6, 2010, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I think what Stitt is saying says alot... ]

1) we beat butler at the start of this year... somehow they don't seem like a no name team.

2) purnell doesn't set the schedule

3) excluding the NCAA tourney, purnell did some amazing things for clemson.

Seriously, why does everyone act like this is such a big deal? He's leaving, get over it. Embrace what we have and move on. Go out and hire the best coach available (again Butler comes to mind).

Re: I hope all the recruits That OP recruits at DePaul

Apr 7, 2010, 1:32 AM [ in reply to I think what Stitt is saying says alot... ]

understand that, after they sin their letter of intent. Op may strap on his sneakers, and sneak out the back door the same way he did at Clemson. And i hope they understand that he is a Quiter when they don't win in the big games. He went up there and told those guys what a great scool DePaul was ( I think we heard that same speach when he came to Clemson ) and can be again. That he only means if not, He will sneak out the back door and leave them emty the way he has done the young recruits and seniors AT CLEMSON. For anyone to think what he has done to those kids is ok, wears that same YELLOW streak down their back as OP surely has down his. Cowards always take the cowardly way out as the coward Oliver Purnell has done to our guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP is no Huggins for sure.***

Apr 6, 2010, 8:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OP is no Huggins for sure.***

Apr 6, 2010, 8:25 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4 et al

i just spent extra seconds scrolling to the right, hoping

Apr 6, 2010, 8:30 PM

you were going to say something. Sadly, but not unexpectedly, i was wrong.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Yeah, Purnell actually graduated a player

Apr 6, 2010, 8:36 PM

I don't agree with what he did if he didn't talk to the team, but it's called life.

Re: OP is no Huggins for sure.***

Apr 6, 2010, 8:34 PM [ in reply to OP is no Huggins for sure.*** ]

That's for sure. OP has never taken a job (K-State) and left for another job (WVU) one year later.

Re: Stitt: "I would have liked to have known ahead of time."

Apr 6, 2010, 9:02 PM

I think the team peaked 2 years ago. Seven years without an NCAA win speaks volumes. This is an opportunity to upgrade and I hope we don't blow it.

What a #### move Purnell.

Apr 6, 2010, 9:16 PM

NOW who wants to burn their OPP shirts??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What a #### move Purnell.***

Apr 7, 2010, 1:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a #### move Purnell.

Apr 7, 2010, 2:07 AM [ in reply to What a #### move Purnell. ]

Haha, me and my roommate did this afternoon. I saw the news on Tnet and immediately grabbed all three and the lighter fluid.

What a #### move Purnell. They are ashes in the burn bar !!***

Apr 7, 2010, 2:59 PM [ in reply to What a #### move Purnell. ]

Yep, he was a class act alright.

Apr 6, 2010, 9:30 PM

I don't care as a fan if I knew he was looking or not---business is business---I'm not gonna get butthurt over it or anything, but to screw over the very players you recruited, what a selfish self-serving jagoff. Any man with half a spine would have asked for the announcement to be withheld until he had time for a team meeting or phone call to each player.

Re: Yep, he was a class act alright.

Apr 6, 2010, 9:47 PM

i could not agree more> disappointing in op to the max>

Well put!

Apr 6, 2010, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Yep, he was a class act alright. ]

I would never have expected that from OP. I'm sure there is an explanation somewhere because he has always seemed to be a man of integrity. He certainly ran our program that way. I am hopeful there is some information forthcoming. We will see......

Know, bro? It really don't matter anymore!

Apr 6, 2010, 10:20 PM

Now we might get a coach that can adjust to officials. Might even get one that can straighten out the fundamentals of freethrows. We still got lotsa talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, he was a class act alright.

Apr 7, 2010, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Yep, he was a class act alright. ]

I thought Purnell was a class act but his refusal to tell the team first about his plans shows that I must have been wrong.

Impression and character of OP is much lower now...

Apr 7, 2010, 1:01 PM

He should have told the players beforehand.

Apr 7, 2010, 11:05 PM

Oliver is a terrific coach. I love and miss him. People can blame it on him for us not getting a championship or whatever, but really its the players not the coach. They have to play as a team and it just wasn't working. I hope him accepting this new job that he will win many. Even though he is no longer working as a tiger, he was and we should respect that enough to give him good luck at his next job. Hopefully we can get somebody that is just as good as OP for our next tiger coach.

I disagree

Apr 7, 2010, 11:23 PM

Can't tell me Butler had better players than GT

Apr 12, 2010, 10:24 AM

Some of you guys might get mad, but if Terry Don doesn't get someone decent (Capel or Drew caliber) then he needs to be fired because we don't need another "Larry Shyatt" coach to bring our program down even further. Clemson needs to be trying to have a basketball program that can compete with the top 25 in the nation every year. That is the standard Purnell has set for us so far. I do NOT agree with Purnell's decision but I feel like he did the best thing and got out before we fired him. If we have to spend 1.5-2 million people, don't wine because Clemson needs a coach that has credibility and who is tournament minded and experienced. Your going to have to pay for that. Keep in mind...you get what you pay for. Quality or quantity?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic