Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers ready to get baseball season underway
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Feb 16, 2010, 9:40 AM

When the Clemson Tigers throw out the first pitch for the 2010 baseball season this Friday, they will do so with a new and improved Doug Kingsmore Stadium and a revamped pitching staff that they hope can help get them back into post-season play. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What improvements were done to the stadium? It was alluded

Feb 16, 2010, 9:46 AM

to in the opening of the article but never mentioned again.

Answers, B-meist! We want answers!!!***

Feb 16, 2010, 9:47 AM

^^^ Doesn't look at baseball fan's photos ^^^***

Feb 16, 2010, 9:49 AM [ in reply to What improvements were done to the stadium? It was alluded ]

>>>>>>> is scared to open them***

Feb 16, 2010, 9:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What improvements were done to the stadium? It was alluded

Feb 16, 2010, 9:49 AM [ in reply to What improvements were done to the stadium? It was alluded ]

good lord, google is a great thing. the stadium looks totally different.

here

Feb 16, 2010, 10:31 AM [ in reply to What improvements were done to the stadium? It was alluded ]

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?v=photos&gid=61040375995&so=15

this is the cheapseats facebook page..they got some pics of the new seats in left field

To those of us that live 7 hours from Clemson and have kids

Feb 16, 2010, 10:13 AM

a full time job, and haven't been to a home baseball game in 20 years "the stadium looks totally different" is a great answer.

I went to the CU athletic web site and found this for anyone else that wants to know:

Prior to the 2010 campaign, the Thomas F. Chapman Grandstand was constructed behind the left-field fence, adding approximately 1,000 seats. Chapman, who was a two-time All-ACC pitcher at Clemson from 1963-65, gave $2 million to the University, $1 million of which went to the grandstand.

Click on the GALLERY link to view pictures of the Thomas F. Chapman Grandstand: GALLERY

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/school-bio/facilities-baseball.html

boy... our pitching could be rough this year

Feb 16, 2010, 11:02 AM

not really returning much as far as weekend starters, or possible weekend starters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: boy... our pitching could be rough this year

Feb 16, 2010, 11:06 AM

lol, harman and weisman will be fine. if brady comes through, the weekend is set. still have surratt, lamb, thrailkill and all the freshmen, along with cruz. think we will just be fine with all the offense we should generate this year.

Not true...

Feb 16, 2010, 12:27 PM [ in reply to boy... our pitching could be rough this year ]

Casey Harman, arguably the ace of the staff last year, is back and will get the ball on Friday. Scott Weismann, David Haselden, and Kevin Brady will all get the opportunity to be weekend starters. If he can stay healthy, Josh Thrailkill can be a factor, either as a starter or a reliever.

Re: Not true...

Feb 16, 2010, 6:20 PM

But there's no doubt we're doing to miss Chris Dwyer. I think he would have built on last year's experience. Harman may have been the "ace" last year

The good news is that there is plenty of room for arms to step up and contribute. Hopefully a few of our younger hurlers will differentiate themselves.

To me, Weismann seems like the key to the staff's success. He and Harman can be a really strong weekend 1-2.

I still wish we had that dominant closer...which I know is rare in college ball. But the last few years, I have been really uneasy in the late innings.

Re: Not true...

Feb 16, 2010, 8:02 PM

I am gonna be worried about it but hopefully we'll have a good staff, and hopefully hitting comes around

Poor article, no mention of 1b (Mounce?) or a closer (Cruz?)

Feb 16, 2010, 8:52 PM

And what field improvements. I'm excited about the offense this year. I thing Schaus and Parker will be huge, Miller breaks out, and I think Boyd, Epps, and Freeman will be solid. I hope that Mounce, if he is the starting 1B, provides some pop.

Harman will be fine, and we've got great talent at pitching so we'll just have to see who steps up. I expect Cruz holds down the closer spot, and Weismann will be our Sat Starter. If Lamb, Brady, and/or Thrailkill can step up we could be a CWS team.

Mounce is gone***

Feb 16, 2010, 8:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wondered why he wasn't mentioned. Who's on first?***

Feb 16, 2010, 8:55 PM

Probably Freshman Richie Shaffer***

Feb 16, 2010, 8:56 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ahhhh... mounce transferred

Feb 16, 2010, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Poor article, no mention of 1b (Mounce?) or a closer (Cruz?) ]

mounce transferred last semester, to Chas Southern to play football.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was covered, but thanks. Too bad, but best of luck to him.***

Feb 16, 2010, 8:57 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic