Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers lose third ACC game in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Jan 26, 2010, 10:44 PM

The Clemson Tigers fell into another first half hole and were unable to recover, losing their third consecutive ACC game in losing to Boston College Tuesday evening. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same Old Story About Clemson Basketball even when good.***

Jan 26, 2010, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your profile says that you graduated in...

Jan 27, 2010, 1:33 AM

...1966. How in the world do the Tigers under Coach Purnell compare to the Tigers that you've experienced in your life the last 40+ years since you graduated!? Anyone who wants to bash this team or the Coach needs to take a reality check quickly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your profile says that you graduated in...

Jan 27, 2010, 1:35 AM

You are right. It is not the same Clemson coaches and teams we have love and suffered with throughout the decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2010, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Your profile says that you graduated in... ]

Why do we always have to compare with how we did 30 years ago...and say that, "oh we are doing good now because we are soo much better than 30 years ago." We still can improve, and if we aren't getting better then we need to go in a different direction. Not saying we should fire OP...I'm just tired of ppl comparing to what we were, and look toward what we can become. Complacency is the heart and soul of a poor program.

Jan 27, 2010, 8:48 AM

agreed.

Why should we give OP so much dang credit? We have lost three straight ACC games, and OP has yet to win a NCAA tournament game in 6 years. Barnes had us in the sweet 16 in two years.

If losing Stitt is that big of a loss, then our depth that everyone says we have (because of this great OP recruiting) must not be as good as we thought.

This IS the same old Clemson basketball in my opinion! I am a CU grad and support the Tigers no matter what, but our basketball team is overhyped. Yes, OP is better than Larry Shyatt, but are we comparing ourselves to the Shyatt days and just happy to be better than then????

Here is a reality check for you...

Jan 27, 2010, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Your profile says that you graduated in... ]

We've lost 3 straight ACC games. This is not good by any measure, and we obviously have a lot of work to do in order to become a consistent top-tier basketball program. We have a lot of season yet to play, but dropping road games to GT and BC (really no excuse for losing to BC and we had ample opportunity to beat GT, just could not make free throws and layups) gives us a tough road to hoe.

No team bashing here, just statement of fact. That's the reality, and no one in the college basketball world whose opinion matters cares about what has happened in the last 40 years of our program when looking at our present team and program. It goes without saying that we, the Clemson family, want to see our teams win championships. Falling back on things like "just look how far we've come in the last 40+ years" gives people a false sense of accomplishment, and no championship level program is just satisfied with just progress.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that Coach Purnell is our coach, and compared to his predecessor, there is no doubt that he has elevated the program. You have to also keep in mind that while we've been improving, many of our competitors have been doing the same.

Bottom line is that while the program has been elevated, we still have a lot of work to do and a ways to go before we're at the level that most of us want to be.

Re: Here is a reality check for you...

Jan 27, 2010, 2:00 PM

Falling back on things like "just look how far we've come in the last 40+ years" is a must by Tiger fans....if we didn't, we would default into the opposite category called "Wait till next year."

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic