Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler: The Sham
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Dec 8, 2009, 12:57 PM

Mickey Plyler's thoughts on Monday's news that C.J. Spiller will not be going to New York as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

### n straight***

Dec 8, 2009, 1:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Heisman not what it was... it's been watered down for years.

Dec 8, 2009, 1:05 PM

Eddie George was probably the last TRUE Heisman winner. OSU finished high in the polls but was not considered for the national championship when he won it. Nevertheless, he was a GREAT runningback and would have been on ANY team. He went on to further prove it in the NFL.

CJ will at least have the same opportunity in the NFL. I will enjoy watching him on Sundays to come.

Just left customers office

Dec 8, 2009, 1:06 PM

He is a huge Gator fan.....We discussed that CJ was left out....and he said CJ should be there not Tebow. He was not being down on Tebow, just the fact Tebow did not earn the right this year.

Thought that was interesting.

He also commented that we should be able to get some good linebackers...in his opinion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Mickey Plyler: The Sham

Dec 8, 2009, 1:14 PM

Other area of roster change...MLB draft?

Dec 8, 2009, 1:24 PM

C.J. Spiller will get his redemption at the NFL Draft in April. NFL scouts don't base anything on popularity - they base it on the talent & skill of the player. On that score C.J. will be a top pick in the First Round. He will get his reward, he deserves it, and I look forward to seeing him play on Sundays. I will be an automatic fan of whatever team he plays for. I am not even sure if McCoy or Tebow are starting QB's in the NFL. C.J. is an immediate impact player in the NFL!

Korn heading to Furman...

Dec 8, 2009, 1:34 PM

best of luck to him.

How accurate is this information?***

Dec 8, 2009, 2:46 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Seems like another D-1 program would be interested...

Dec 8, 2009, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Korn heading to Furman... ]

...in Korn.

Why does he have to settle in at a Southern Conference school?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Seems like another D-1 program would be interested...

Dec 8, 2009, 3:30 PM

I bet Wake Forest would take him right this minute. He would work well in their offensive scheme.

CU would never let that happen

Dec 8, 2009, 4:10 PM

He would have to sit a year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

NOT !!! --- KORN WILL GRADUATE !!!!!***

Dec 8, 2009, 7:17 PM

null

Really?

Dec 8, 2009, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Seems like another D-1 program would be interested... ]

Really Really?

null

He loses a year if goes D1a, but not if he goes lower tier***

Dec 8, 2009, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Seems like another D-1 program would be interested... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ NOT True in this case, Korn will GRADUATE, he can

Dec 8, 2009, 3:57 PM

go anywhere without sitting out, just has to be a part of their Graduate school program.

null

You're wrong. He'd have to sit out a year.***

Dec 8, 2009, 9:47 PM

From the moment you enter college, you have

Dec 9, 2009, 3:47 PM

5 years to play 4. This is regardless of your graduation status.

Willy's eligibility clock started ticking the moment he entered Clemson and he has used up 3 full years of eligibility.

Technically, he has two left, but he would need some sort of NCAA wavier to transfer to a D-1 school and keep both years.

Not sure what sort of leverage he would have to be granted any sort of wavier.

Thoughts???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure? Furman just nabbed another D1 QB last season...***

Dec 8, 2009, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Korn heading to Furman... ]

Re: You sure? Furman just nabbed another D1 QB last season...***

Dec 9, 2009, 7:25 AM

People you are forgetting about the Furman connection on the CU staff ... O/C Napier.. Korn could step in at Furman and be a starter .. Clemson would not be hurt has we have the kid form Hampton Roads, Virginia that is just as good as Korn or better. When any program has 3 good QB's it is very hard to keep them on the bench

Dec 8, 2009, 2:28 PM

Until money,ticket sales ,wacked t.v. contracts,ect.,does not matter anymore,we will see this happen ...LOL.C.J.,DESERVES to be on that stage,even if I weren't a Tiger.I personally feel SC*&%D.on our lost to USUCK(overlook THEM for a C.C. game???...WHAT??!!).Then a #### poor defensive showing(could not get motivated for that one ,too?)Add an insult of a bowl.At the very least ,we should be playing Tenn. or Virg.Tech., IF we had to play an SEC team.To start me on the officiating of our last game,would not be wise,either.Bottem line...NO RESPECT!!

Dec 8, 2009, 2:45 PM

Good article. Someone had an interesting idea yesterday that I totally agree with- it would have made the heisman voters look stupid when they showed CJ's highlights during the ceremony & then he did not win. I think most of us agree that, with team credentials compared to the others, he probably would not have won, but just to have him there representing our university would have been HUGE. The fact that he will not be there is a joke! He is a human highlight reel & the model of what a collegiate athlete should be all about. Alot of people would probably realize that if they would stop drooling over Tebow.

Wow.

Dec 8, 2009, 3:36 PM
shamwow.bmp(714.9 K)

Dec 8, 2009, 3:37 PM

Tebow is not going to win it...he knows he is not going to win it. Therefore, he should continue to be of good character and ask Spiller to take his place as someone more deserving. Tebow would still would get to attend as a former winner.

was it a sham last year when we went to the gator...

Dec 8, 2009, 3:44 PM

...instead of FSU? I think it was, but no tigers bitched then?? Quit acting like a bunch of whiners for pete's sake!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You sir, must be a coot!! You do sound like one...***

Dec 8, 2009, 6:21 PM

You sir, must be an idiot, as you deny the truth!

Dec 9, 2009, 3:42 PM

Coot my a$$, you're just another idiot that remembers things the way you want. People crying and whining about the bowl situation are sounding like a bunch of hypocrites!!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Hmm. You can't even spell HeiSMAn with out an S,H,A, or M.***

Dec 8, 2009, 3:46 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmm. You can't even spell HeiSMAn with out an S,H,A, or M.***

Dec 8, 2009, 3:49 PM

plyler complains of a sham and dismisses a player he saw play once. pot meet kettle.

Re: Hmm. You can't even spell HeiSMAn with out an S,H,A, or M.***

Dec 8, 2009, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Hmm. You can't even spell HeiSMAn with out an S,H,A, or M.*** ]

You wanna know why Spiller didn't win? It's the same thing I hear from everybody all the time: SEC will always be better than the ACC. Load of crap for all I'm concerned. We got caught looking ahead and so did georgia tech. If you give Spiller any kind of hole similar to the ones you see Ingram run through then you have a LEGIT Heisman contender, meaning somebody who can be talked about for a long time. It infuriates me that Spiller can make plays all by himself and carry our entire team in the ACC championship, the biggest night of his football career, and you get what to show for it? not even an invitation? I used to love the NCAA but now i'm starting to realize what a sham it really is...

I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB

Dec 8, 2009, 3:49 PM

to avg only 88 yds per game, thats not so hot. He avg 34 yds receiving per game, again thats nothing. And he avg 70 yds in returns per game. To me those numbers do not justify a trip to NYC.

Go ahead and call me a coot, blah blah blah. But I call it like I see it, he's an exceptional player, one of my top 3 favorites of all time in Clemson, but he simply doesnt have the numbers to justify it; its a lot like baseball when it comes to the heisman, its just simply numbers.

Re: I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB

Dec 8, 2009, 5:21 PM

But isnt that 192 yards per game average? Plus a touchdown in every game, who else did that? He seemed to break different records every week. These were NCAA, ACC, and Clemson records.

I wonder how many voters did research on the candidates beyond going to espn or si to get there information. espn/nissan did not even show the APY on their website. Looking at rushing and receiving yards alone does not give the full picture of what CJ accomplished this year.

It was rarely mentioned, except locally, how opposing coaches gave up field position in the kicking game to avoid the big play by CJ.

If a voter didnt do their homework it would be very easy to look at his stats and conclude that he was not Heisman material.

Its a shame. But I for one am very proud of him and wish him the best in the future. He was the most exciting player I have watched in person. I am glad he chose to come to Clemson.

Dec 8, 2009, 6:03 PM

Also, at the risk of being called a coot, didn't he have like 18 yds rushing and a fumble against USC.

I agree he is the most explosive player we've ever had but the best ever... What if Woody had been allowed to return kicks?

Dec 8, 2009, 6:11 PM

you forgot the opening kick-off return of 88 yds , yeah you must be a c what is usuc mascot,a freaken chicken

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides the fact that he had the flu and battled his turf

Dec 9, 2009, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB ]

toe, the offensive line did give him a lot of help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Dec 8, 2009, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB ]

Then you can't ADD and you didn't do your homework CJ did not play in second half vs Mid TEnn St., Coastal,Wake, and continualy got pulled out of other games in 4th qtr, that is unlike many of the UNWORTHY WHO DONT HAVE THE #'s either.who were invited , I can only hope CJ gets to have the last laugh on all you so called knowledgeable football critics,remember Walter Payton, Barry Sanders. And by the way you had no Clue you were stating the obvious 88 per game rush, 33 per rec per game,70 return yards per game ,THAT 191 YARDS PER GAME ,20 TDS Season, 4th alltime purpose yards NCAA, not one of the 5 invited can say that!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, get your head out of sand...

Dec 8, 2009, 8:15 PM [ in reply to I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB ]

Do you have a pulse? You have to be someone else masquerading as a Clemson fan. You just described in your post exactly what makes him so great: all-around player. When you can catch and run like him, and return kicks, you are special. Not many can do it, or even try. For one, the body takes a lot of punishment. What do you want him to do, play defense too? Let's see, in his "bad game" on a nauseated stomach, he only still returned kick for a touchdown and broke NCAA record. Other Heisman candidates also had equally bad games, or worse, sinc they didn't even return kicks in those games. Where were you all year, particularly the second half, when no one would even kick to him, giving us excellent field position? His presence on the field cause more loss of sleep, more chewed out kickers, more angst and stategy changes for the other team than any other player. No one even close. And still racked up the statistics. His statistics easily compare or exceed those of other all-purpose players as well! Wake up friend!

Re: Wow, get your head out of sand...

Dec 9, 2009, 11:11 AM

IMHO, it's the team that lost Spiller his oppurtunity for Heisman. Anyone who watched him can see he gave it all in every game. If the team takes care of business and finishes 10-2 or better, Spiller is a lock.

Okay... I have not read the other replies to your ignorant

Dec 9, 2009, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB ]

post, so I might be repeating something they have already posted...

CJ is NOT JUST A RB! Of course he would not be worthy of an invite to NY based on his RB statistics.

The numbers from his other "positions" should have been considered as well -- APY, TD, returns, receiving, etc.

To categorize him as a RB only and to focus soley on those contributions to make a case for why he should not be invited to NY is ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

How about these numbers?

Dec 9, 2009, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I think CJ is the most electric player in NCAA but for a RB ]

He is the ONLY player in the nation to score a TD in every game this year. NO ONE else did that this year. Not Tebow, Ingram, Gerhart, McCoy, Suh, or anyone else.

He is the ONLY player in the nation to score a TD five different ways: rushing, passing, receiving, returning punts, and returning kicks. NO ONE else did that. Not Tebow, Ingram, Gerhart, McCoy, Suh, or anyone else.

He is the ONLY player, EVER, in NCAA history with 3,000 yards rushing, 2,000 yards on kickoff returns, 1,000 receiving and 500 in punt returns. NO ONE, not Tebow, Ingram, Gerhart, McCoy, Suh, or anyone else, EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, has done that.

Oh, and he has more yards and TDs than Ingram.

I won't call you a coot. Just either blind, or ignorant of the facts. Whcih considering you are supposedly a Tiger fan, is kind of shameful.

Even more puzzling, based on your post history, DV1981

Dec 9, 2009, 10:46 AM

Seems you recognized how great he is. Maybe you just didn't look at all the facts?

Dec 9, 2009, 12:32 PM

###? HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? NO INVITE TO NYC? WELL AT LEAST IT GOT SMOOTHED OVER WITH A TRIP TO THE MUSIC CITY BOWL. GEEZ!!! WHOSE ### SHOULD WE KICK!!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic