Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football Monday Practice Brief
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Nov 30, 2009, 8:17 PM

Clemson returned to the practice fields behind the Jervey Athletic Center for its first day of practice in preparation for the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech Saturday night at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was pretty brief - maybe they shud practice 180 min

Nov 30, 2009, 8:27 PM

maybe 90 isn't good enough.

null

Re: that was pretty brief - maybe they shud practice 180 min

Nov 30, 2009, 9:32 PM

I agree. Is 90 minutes what most would call "enough" to prepare for a championship game, especially after this past Saturday? I mean seriously. I remember HS practices seemed like they lasted days. I would think that Mon-Wed practices would be 3+hrs. I realize I have no clue on the matter, just stating what I would "think".

I think practiced times are limited by NCAA.***

Nov 30, 2009, 9:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think practiced times are limited by NCAA.***

Dec 1, 2009, 6:44 AM

Correct practice times are limited.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes times are limited. The only ways a team could practice

Dec 1, 2009, 8:20 AM [ in reply to I think practiced times are limited by NCAA.*** ]

is if they have a game this week, or have recieved and accpted a bowl invitation. Those teams are still under the same NCAA time restrictions as all bowl teams. You cant practice just because your team is most likely going to a bowl. There are some stray games like Army-Navy that can practice up till the game, like having two bye weeks.

The point is that the ACCCG gives us a valuable extra week of practice that many other teams don't have, like the Coots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because you need the extra practice

Dec 1, 2009, 2:06 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

3+ hour practices mon-wed?

Nov 30, 2009, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: that was pretty brief - maybe they shud practice 180 min ]

LOL..you're HS coach was a piece of work.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dec 1, 2009, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: that was pretty brief - maybe they shud practice 180 min ]

Oh yeah, at LEAST 3 hours... usually about 3:30 to 7:00

Dec 1, 2009, 8:24 AM [ in reply to that was pretty brief - maybe they shud practice 180 min ]

Vaguely remember practices at Clemson when I played lasting around 2.5-3 hours during the week. The Tuesdays and Wednesdays were the hardest hitting with lots of live drills and situational things worked on. Mondays and Thursdays were still hard, but not like T-W, and not as much hitting. Fridays were just a walk through with stretching, some excercises and some light running and a lot of reviews of blocking assignments. My memory is not what it used to be, and as poor as our teams were then, maybe we should have tried something different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2009, 2:01 PM [ in reply to that was pretty brief - maybe they shud practice 180 min ]

The NCAA limits them to 4 hours a day and no more than 20 hours a week.

Monday is a mental work day.

Dec 1, 2009, 8:34 AM

They mostly just install the game plan, and get an understanding of what to expect from the other team. Probably some light running mixed in.

You can't have long intense practices everyday all season. Your team simply wont last through the season

Re: Monday is a mental work day.

Dec 1, 2009, 2:39 PM

good points. looking back on it in the HS days, Monday was film day and then gameplan. Yes hitting and running, but Tues/Wed were the heaviest. I guess from the outside looking in you expect these guys that are playing at such a high intensity to be practicing many hours a day. I can also see the value of the NCAA limiting the practice time as well. I'm sure some coaches would push a lot more than others if that was not the case.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic