Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest game of the season not yet a sellout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,159

Nov 6, 2009, 11:40 AM

The Clemson Tigers are on the verge of playing their biggest game in two seasons, and Travis Furbee, the Clemson Assistant Athletic Director for Ticket Operations, said there are still over 5,000 tickets remaining for the Tigers’ 7:45 p.m. contest against Florida St on Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does that tell Mr. Furbee?***

Nov 6, 2009, 11:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Upper deck corner seats should only cost $10, then you'll

Nov 6, 2009, 11:44 AM

have it sell-out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

are they $60 in the upper deck corners?***

Nov 6, 2009, 11:47 AM

Yes***

Nov 6, 2009, 11:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's absurd. how can they expect people to pay

Nov 6, 2009, 11:56 AM

the same amount for those tickets as premium seats

That's Clemson for ya...all about the money.***

Nov 6, 2009, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

They were selling them for $10 prior to kick-off at

Nov 6, 2009, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Upper deck corner seats should only cost $10, then you'll ]

the ticket office at the MTSU game.

GO TIGERS!!

They need to lower the price.***

Nov 6, 2009, 11:46 AM

Agree completely

Nov 6, 2009, 11:50 AM

$60 for UD seats on the goal line is ridiculous.

That's a double-edged sword

Nov 6, 2009, 11:55 AM

The minute the AD starts tiered pricing so that upper deck corner tickets are discounted, the premium ticket prices will shoot up dramatically. You don't seriously think they would only offer tiers that LOWER prices, do you? So I think that's a dangerous precedent.

Yes

Nov 6, 2009, 12:18 PM

Every venue I've ever been to offers cheaper prices for bad seats and premium prices for premium seats. That's not a dangerous precedent... it's an established practice. The reason you can get "cheap" tickets is because selling cheap tickets is better than having tickets unsold.

Anyway, it's really moot. The market will resolve it. If there are 5k tickets unsold an hour before kickoff, the ticket office will lower the price to the point to where the market reacts. My guess is you'll see $20 tickets.

I've never been to a college stadium with different prices

Nov 6, 2009, 1:31 PM

That seems more like the pros and bowl games. I've sat in some pretty bad seats as a visitor and paid the same as the 50 yard line.

I take that back, I think GT has different prices for their club/box seats but the general public can't get those anyway.

What are they thinking???

Nov 6, 2009, 1:39 PM

SLASH the prices now!!! Sell them for $20 and get the place filled up! I can't understand this...

A) More fans = More noise
B) You're going to at least make some money on tickets that would otherwise go unsold

Who is making the decisions in the atletic department? Someone needs to get their skull thumped and get on it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a double-edged sword

Nov 6, 2009, 2:56 PM [ in reply to That's a double-edged sword ]

why would you not want to make money on those seats? 10 dollars is better than 0 dollars isn't it?

Even if you just cut them in half and made them like 20-30 dollars you would make more money than charging 60 for a quarter as many people, plus the stadium would be filled up more often and giving the impression our fanbase can't wait to get tickets instead of thinking our stadium is about 5,000 seats too big.

As for raising the lower level seats surely there has to be a point they think raising the prices would be making less money then they are now, there has to be a market price that gets the most money and most seats filled at the same time, you also make a ton of money off of concessions so charging a reduced price but getting them to come into the game and buy a hot dog and drink would work itself back to the 60 dollars they are trying to get now for those horrible seats.

Re: Biggest game of the season not yet a sellout

Nov 6, 2009, 12:03 PM

that doesnt include the 4000 tickets fsu returned :/

That's what I was wondering. I am a little surprised the

Nov 6, 2009, 12:07 PM

game is not a sell out on our end, but then again with the economy such as it is, taking a family of 4 is pricy just for the ticket, plus parking and a hotel if you live very far away. This is easily a $500 weekend.

500 would be cheap. Try this from where I live

Nov 6, 2009, 12:33 PM

About $150 in fuel
$120 for tickets
$100 meals for two if you eat cheap
$200 hotel if you are lucky.most rooms are $300plus

And that is just two people....add another 250 for a family of 4.....probably close to a grand

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I believe they are selling us FSU also

Nov 6, 2009, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Biggest game of the season not yet a sellout ]

Judging from a post saying some lowers were in the lower WEZ, I would think they are near the FSU fans, which is fine if you want to break up there little cheering section.

Helps with the Silent Out . . .***

Nov 6, 2009, 1:58 PM

One Reason---Ticket packages for Clemson Fans

Nov 6, 2009, 12:28 PM

This goes to show that Clemson shouldn't offer stupid ticket packages for games like this. It is their own fault that it has happened this way. Sell individual tickets like you should....individually!!! I have my 2 tickets and I will be there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what a (FORMER) sales rep told me re: his customer

Nov 6, 2009, 1:11 PM

"I guess we'll just have to see if they buy." My new sales rep doesn't tell me that.

I had 4 friends who wanted to come back in the summer

Nov 6, 2009, 1:12 PM

but decided not to since CU was only selling tickets as a package deal with Costal Carolina.

They did not want to watch Costal Carolina play.

Since then they have made other plans. I think they also realize that FSU is not as good as originally thought.

Re: I had 4 friends who wanted to come back in the summer

Nov 6, 2009, 1:23 PM

yeah. I had to buy my tickets to the Clemson Carolina game in a package deal with florida atlantic. luckily i was able to work something out where my carolina fan cousin bought those from me....

I hope its a sellout but....

Nov 6, 2009, 1:25 PM

it's going to be loud as h-e-double hockey sticks anyway!

This sends 2 fantastic messages!

Nov 7, 2009, 1:54 PM

1: Clemson fans are leery of the yearly "###?!?!?" games that have made Clemson a laughing stock to everyone outside of Clemson. Every team falls victim to a "###?!?!?" game every now & again, but CTB elevated it to an art form. & w/Maryland this year, it seems that CDS learned a lot from his mentor. Clemson fans (well, Clemson fans that are old enough to remember what it was like when Clemson was a powerhouse, & who know that Clemson is better than 7-9 wins) are tired of let-downs...especially in our "biggest games".

2: Ticket prices are to high - especially @ a time when most people are looking to save money, or spend it on things that are more important things.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,159
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic