Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney: No rift in Clemson camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Oct 13, 2009, 6:46 PM

The alleged scrap between Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and offensive coordinator Billy Napier has been, if not laid to rest, at least explained in better detail. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so in other words there was an incident...

Oct 13, 2009, 6:50 PM

but dabo and billy are down playing it.

so in napier's words...

Oct 13, 2009, 6:53 PM

Napier said that what happened was simply business as usual for a college football team.

"Obviously when you've got the band at practice, rumors are going to fly. Just a normal, intense practice with intense, competitive guys. Hopefully we'll have more like that."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the band members didn't realize that football.....

Oct 13, 2009, 6:54 PM

practices is not a bowl full of cherries. Clemson was working on some plays and they were not getting done correctly. So Dabo got on Billy.

GEEZE that is part of football. the girls in the band did not realize that this happens in football from time to time. IT WAS BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION.

The rumor didn't come from the band

Oct 13, 2009, 6:57 PM

It came from the AOC blog

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

And what makes the AOC blog a legitimate source of info?

Oct 13, 2009, 6:59 PM

It is a blog full of conspiracies about our coaches, university administrators, etc. Sounds like that blog's author has his or her own misinformed agenda to push. People go to great lengths to attain notoriety.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: And what makes the AOC blog a legitimate source of info?

Oct 14, 2009, 11:51 AM

The AOC is doing the job of making the fans realize what is going on behind the scenes in the athletic dept.Read Lack of Support.

Re: And what makes the AOC blog a legitimate source of info?

Oct 14, 2009, 11:54 AM [ in reply to And what makes the AOC blog a legitimate source of info? ]

Barker and the BOTs are all about the US News and World Report ranking.They are not supporting athletics like they should.Barker is the new Max Lennon.Its a shame that we have such an idiot for president.

The guys from AOC are generally considered

Oct 14, 2009, 11:57 AM [ in reply to And what makes the AOC blog a legitimate source of info? ]

among the most knowledgeable Tiger fans on the net.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

By who?***

Oct 14, 2009, 3:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My nephew is in the band--he told me the night it happened.

Oct 13, 2009, 7:02 PM [ in reply to The rumor didn't come from the band ]

This is part of football.

Why are you bashing the band? They didn't report this .

Oct 13, 2009, 11:20 PM [ in reply to I think the band members didn't realize that football..... ]

Avenue of Champions did.

GO TIGERS

b/c AOC heard from sources, which the coaches indirectly

Oct 14, 2009, 2:56 AM

implicated the band and I heard this from friends who said a band member told them. That's why!

Don't worry Dabo, TigerNet will continue to find fault with

Oct 13, 2009, 6:57 PM

this "incident" despite your best efforts to explain what really happened. Nonetheless, I applaud your efforts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

bunch of band members around here if you ask me...

Oct 13, 2009, 6:58 PM

just sayin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't worry Dabo, TigerNet will continue to find fault with

Oct 14, 2009, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Don't worry Dabo, TigerNet will continue to find fault with ]

Dabo does not need our help to look stupid.His offensive hires along with his offensive schemes show me how much lack of judgment that he has and why he is not head coaching material.

Wrong Azzhole

Oct 14, 2009, 2:10 PM

you're the coot who's beating that drum. You need to shut the eff up. Everyone's tired of your repetitive crap.

You've said the exact same thing 500 times.

Find something else to post

Or better yet.....don't post anything at all

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

delete

Oct 14, 2009, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't worry Dabo, TigerNet will continue to find fault with ]

null

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

epic fail post***

Oct 14, 2009, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't worry Dabo, TigerNet will continue to find fault with ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation::

Oct 13, 2009, 7:05 PM

Swinney: There is some rift, I am mad that someone saw that but I don't want anyone to talk about it, thanks.

Re: Translation::

Oct 13, 2009, 7:07 PM

Rift or no rift,both Dabo and Billy are totally incompetent on an offensive game plan.

Which is why they need to let Brad Scott help.

Oct 13, 2009, 7:13 PM

Like him or not, he has experience calling plays on the offensive side of the ball (see "The Finish" of 2003).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Scott is the best OC we've had since RR left***

Oct 13, 2009, 7:18 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

That just shows how poor our OCs hve been the last 8 years***

Oct 13, 2009, 7:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which is why they need to let Brad Scott help.

Oct 13, 2009, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Which is why they need to let Brad Scott help. ]

As far as I know Texas, Ohio State and Florida's bands are all invited to one practice a year.

is napier dingy this quote dont make sense....

Oct 13, 2009, 7:08 PM

“I heard that too, and I also heard that I didn't go to the press conference after the Maryland game"

but he wasnt at the press conference so how did he just hear he wasnt there hmmmm

"this quote don't make sense" and you have the nerve

Oct 13, 2009, 8:48 PM

to call him dingy??????

Hopefully he realizes his mistake of letting the band into

Oct 13, 2009, 7:10 PM

practice. Does Pete Carroll, Mac Brown or Urban Meyer let their bands come to practice??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does that have to do with anything?

Oct 13, 2009, 11:26 PM

For the third time in this thread, the band didn't report it, AOC did. It's not like the band's website says "DABO SWINNEY GETS INTO FIGHT ON PRACTICE FIELD." Yeah rumors sometimes get started but thats just how people are.

GO TIGERS

Well, the bandies were on here posting "fight between the

Oct 14, 2009, 3:20 AM

coaches!" I guess you missed that because you were in class at Tri County?

Heh . . . as if T-net is wrong. Suuuuure it is.

Oct 13, 2009, 7:54 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Swinney: No rift in Clemson camp

Oct 14, 2009, 12:05 AM

why do they feel the need to respond to internet rumors anyway?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2009, 4:50 AM

Coaches, please,for Gods sake, SHUT UP and COACH!!!!

So if the coaches are asked a question about a possible rift

Oct 14, 2009, 5:17 AM

they are supposed to stop the press conference and say, "Sorry, I can't answer that, I need to go coach now?" Sure, that'll put any rumors to rest!

Plus, you do realize that there is a specified time for practice (which is limited to a certain number of hours by NCAA rules), as well as a designated time for a weekly press conference, right? This was during the weekly press conference, so I don't know why you would expect him to be "coaching" during this time instead.

who cares, i'm glad Dabo is getting a piece of them***

Oct 14, 2009, 8:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he got a piece of Jeff Scott too***

Oct 14, 2009, 11:14 AM

I hope he got a piece of the Scott boys, too.***

Oct 14, 2009, 1:43 PM [ in reply to who cares, i'm glad Dabo is getting a piece of them*** ]

This is getting silly, just play the d@mn game!***

Oct 14, 2009, 9:10 AM

Oct 14, 2009, 9:44 AM

Some people on here doesn't know the difference between a coach that doesn't do anything during practice (TB) and a coach that is mean and gets in players/coaches faces when they need to. What do you want, a coach that goes around patting them on the backs and saying "its okay" after losing to Maryland?

No, I want a coach that knows how to run a program

Oct 14, 2009, 10:06 AM

and knows how to manage people. I want a coach who doesn't put his assistants' jobs on the line by mismicromanaging them. I want a coach who knows the offense well enough to not call the wrong protection scheme when he signals in plays. I want a coach that's smart enough to know when you invite outsiders to practice, there's a chance that stuff will get out, even if it's stuff that normally isn't at all a big deal.

I want a coach that knows how to run a program. At least we had that with TB. There's plenty of blame to go around for our 2-3 start. But problem #1 right now is Dabo's management style. Period. And we don't really have time to wait for him to figure it out.

He should punch him in face like Tom Cable***

Oct 14, 2009, 9:50 AM

FREAKIN band geeks. First the WOO HOO, now this.***

Oct 14, 2009, 11:24 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Dabo say the purpose of playing was to just have fun?

Oct 14, 2009, 12:58 PM

Things change, when the pressure is on.

well the purpose is to win, and winning is fun..soDabo isn't

Oct 14, 2009, 1:12 PM

having fun right now

I don't care what happens at fb practice...

Oct 15, 2009, 4:55 PM

As long as they get it done on Saturday... They can have a knock down drag out fight if they want as long as Clemson beats Wake on Saturday. I'm glad they are getting mad. He better be mad! They all better be mad, angry, and ready to beat up on the deacs this weekend!!!!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic