Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC title game still in the picture for Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Oct 11, 2009, 10:01 PM

The off week was kind to the Tigers as Atlantic division rivals Maryland, Boston College, NC State and Florida State all lost.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC title game still in the picture for Tigers

Oct 11, 2009, 10:23 PM

It looks like our title hopes end this weekend.

Except for our undefeated national champ year....I have neve

Oct 11, 2009, 10:46 PM

r been through a season that our football team did lose a game they shouldn't have....and won one they shouldn't have......Go Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not...Pass the Kool-Aid. I've got nothing better to do.***

Oct 11, 2009, 10:58 PM

Don't set some of these folks here for another TNET meltdown***

Oct 11, 2009, 11:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2009, 12:21 AM

Funny stuff. As long as our defense and special teams score enough in every game to win, we should be fine.

Things worked out well this past weekend. There is hope.

Oct 12, 2009, 1:24 AM

The ACC games this past weekend couldn't have worked out better for Clemson's Atlantic bid. Pass the Kool-Aid. There is still hope.

Nothing would surprise me. Remember the Clemson team that played the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters against GT last month? If only that team would play the rest of the season. They're still on the roster, aren't they?

If in the unlikely event Clemson wins the remainder of their ACC games, we would just need UMD to lose 2 more ACC games-- which seems reasonably likely.

If Clemson were to win the remainder of the Atlantic games and lose one to Miami, we would just need Wake & BC to lose one more game each, and UMD to lose 3 more-- which doesn't seem terribly unlikely.

It was a lot easier early in the season when I just had to root for Clemson to win. Let's see... this weekend, I'll additionally be pulling for NCSU over BC, and UVA over UMD. And I guess I'll be pulling for VT to beat GT so that we can beat a Top 5 team in the ACCCG.

Pass the Kool-Aid. :)

Go Tigers! 11-3.

Re: Things worked out well this past weekend. There is hope

Oct 12, 2009, 2:24 AM

Its still possible and if ever there was a year that we need a trip to tampa this could be the one.

If you look into the crystal ball and the possible bowl picture, it could be scary.

If we win the ACCCG - Orange
If we make and don't win -?..

I would assume. that even with the ACCGC loss we would still be behind VT, Mia, and GT for the bowl picture. At that point the win over the shamecocks will help alot.

Lets just win it and not worry about all that though.

Re: Things worked out well this past weekend. There is hope

Oct 12, 2009, 5:59 AM

I honestly think we will get there, and look back on this and laugh (and grumble.)

Oct 12, 2009, 6:27 AM

If you saw the UMD and Wake game,you will know that Wake will most likely come to Death Valley and dismember the Tigers and what is left of the season. Wake is an example of good athletes and superior coaching.Clemson is the exact opposite.I'll pass on the Kool Aid!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2009, 11:26 AM

Wake is a sound team led by a great coach.Dabo has no clue what he is doing.Ill pass on the koolaid too.

Two big problems with that theory, besides how unlikely it

Oct 12, 2009, 6:49 AM

is. One, Duke beat NCSU in RALEIGH. Two, Wake would beat Miami at home and LOSE to DOOK at Durham. Doesn't anyone proofread these articles?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Two big problems with that theory, besides how unlikely it

Oct 12, 2009, 6:55 AM

The home field point was Atlantic division teams playing Atlantic division teams. Neither Duke nor Miami are in the Atlantic division.

OK, I read it again and you're right. I thought it said the

Oct 12, 2009, 7:13 AM

Atlantic was perfect at home. Still, the record projected for Wake has nothing to do with the article up to that point. It's just dumb stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think BC goes at least 5-3 and wins the Division yet again***

Oct 12, 2009, 7:19 AM

LOL!!!! Not with our offense.***

Oct 12, 2009, 9:00 AM

Oct 12, 2009, 9:42 AM

I have got my hopes up 3 or 4 years with this kind of reasoning an got disappointed.

Oct 12, 2009, 9:50 AM

It's a shame. We should be controlling our own destiny and not have to wait for all the stars to align themselves up right. I will take it any way we can get it, but this is a year we should not have had to back our way into the ACCCG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a 4-4 team wins the Atlantic, they dont deserve to go to

Oct 12, 2009, 9:59 AM

Tampa. Just have them forfeit the game. Nobody will go to see it anyways and it'll get terrible ratings and the ACC will be bashed again in the media.

They deserve it as much as SEC West...

Oct 12, 2009, 10:02 AM

...did in the 90s when many of them sucked eggs.
Things ebb and flo, nothing to apologize for...just go win it if given the chance.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: If a 4-4 team wins the Atlantic, they dont deserve to go to

Oct 12, 2009, 9:30 PM [ in reply to If a 4-4 team wins the Atlantic, they dont deserve to go to ]

Man with fans like these, who needs to worry about the media. You would think with the start we've had you would be happy with a chance to go to the title game. But with all the b!tching and whining from these so-called fans, we don't even deserve to finish the season. So why don't all you whababies start pulling for your Tigers and shutup your b!thin!

GO TIGERS!!!

There is a 3rd Trend...

Oct 12, 2009, 11:07 AM

The Tigers have played to the level of their competition and choked at the end.

If you factor in that obvious trend, we'll be lucky to get a bowl invitation, much less a ticket to the ACCCG.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami - only difficult ACC team left on the schedule. But...

Oct 12, 2009, 12:27 PM

our beloved Tigers will probably find a way to mess things up.

Re: Miami - only difficult ACC team left on the schedule. But...

Oct 12, 2009, 1:21 PM

Obviously you didn't see Wake thrash Maryland, who beat our Tigers or you would not make the statement that Miami is the only difficult team left on our schedule!Check your Kool Aid for Saturday's game.Unfortunately Wake will destroy the Tigers!

Is this the same Wake team that lost to BC that couldn't get

Oct 12, 2009, 3:05 PM

a first down on us. Wake isn't going to destroy anybody.

You were probaby one of those that said no way we lose to MD***

Oct 12, 2009, 5:03 PM

Oct 12, 2009, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Miami - only difficult ACC team left on the schedule. But... ]

I am so glad you guys aren't on the sidelines trying to pump our guys up or motivate ANYBODY! I think if we were down by more than 3pts yall would just send them on to the locker room. With fans like yall who needs enemies.

GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 12, 2009, 6:23 PM

This attitude comes from years of frustration and the same old excuses. Go drink your Kool Aid until it's time to fire Dabo and hire a real coach!

Oct 13, 2009, 10:12 AM

I don't necessarily drink the koolaid but I am a dedicated fan. I've been through the same ups and downs as everybody else but that doesn't mean I'm going to quit being a Tiger Fan and start b!tching and whining all the time, that's what gamecock fans do. I really hope none of the players read TnT because you guys just drag them down further.
So how about we all change our pissy attitudes, be real Tiger Fans and show some support! If not, pull for somebody else.

GO TIGERS!!!

I'll drink - but answer me this:

Oct 12, 2009, 1:51 PM

If we DO go 6-6 (4-4 in conference) and get destroyed by VT in Tampa, surely we don't get to go bowling at 6-7, right?

and it'll still be in the picture whithin a picture if the

Oct 12, 2009, 5:08 PM

players have direct tv. ;)

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic