Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Maryland Postgame Notes and Quotes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Oct 4, 2009, 11:15 AM

C.J. Spiller's 92 yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the third quarter was his fifth career kickoff return for a touchdown and his sixth total kick return for a score. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This says it all about how great these 2 players are and

Oct 4, 2009, 11:22 AM

how pathetic our offense is:

"Clemson has scored 11 touchdowns this year and C.J. Spiller and Jacoby Ford have combined for nine of the 11"

null

Parker must have copy/pasted from the GT loss

Oct 4, 2009, 12:44 PM

Give Korn a game, not a just a series. Palmer, a senior, saying we have to grow up is very telling...

not arguing the pathetic-ness of the rest of the O, but....

Oct 4, 2009, 12:44 PM [ in reply to This says it all about how great these 2 players are and ]

last year it was "we gotta get the ball in the hands of our playmakers"...

and now that we're doing that (9/11) it's a reason to complain...

I hate this board...

Getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers doesn't work

Oct 4, 2009, 2:37 PM

Getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers doesn't work if the defenses can key on just 2 playmakers. This season, Clemson keyed on 1st team all-ACC RB, Jonathan Dwyer and held him to 66 yards. In previous years Clemson keyed on NFL high-1st rounders, Calvin Johnson & Heyward-Bey, and held them without a single catch.

This year, every opponent has keyed on Ford and Spiller, thereby making them far less effective than they would have been if a multi-faceted offense (utilizing other offensive weapons like RBs, TEs, WRs, QB-design runs, option attacks, dink-and-dunk) were effectively deployed to keep the defenses from keying on Ford & Spiller. It didn't help that Dabo repeatedly publicly announced that he was building the offense around Ford & Spiller.

Yeah, the players didn't make the plays, but does anybody seriously doubt that the players would be making more plays under a better coaching stafff-- especially one that had implemented a more clever, multi-faceted offense?

Re: Getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers doesn't work

Oct 4, 2009, 6:34 PM

I think the problem is that no one else is stepping up to be a playmaker. Palmer is doing a good job of becoming a reliable receiver but we need another playmaker or gamechanging receiver to take pressure off Jacoby. Last few years we've had AK & TG plus JF so this has not been an issue. Jones, Dye, Ashe & Co. need to step up. CJ is getting ball 20+ times a game so he is doing his part. The rest of the team needs to step up. And that includes Napier and his play calling.

Re: Clemson vs Maryland Postgame Notes and Quotes

Oct 4, 2009, 7:01 PM

First let me say I'm not making excuses for the loss. Our offense stinks. I've already posted on that subject. But, let's talk officiating. The ACC will never be a premier football conference until they hire competent officials that don't affect the outcome of the game. I'll not list all the examples. That being said, the game Saturday shouldn't have been close enough that an incompletion in the endzone counting as a touchdown won the game for MD.

Re: Clemson vs Maryland Postgame Notes and Quotes

Oct 5, 2009, 10:08 AM

You are correct sir, I agree with you 150%! It was a terrible call and if you watched the replays, their was a ref standing right there at the goal line. How could he have not seen the ball bounce into the guys chest?...
Or did he?

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Lets don't for get that Parkers hand was still on the

Oct 5, 2009, 12:10 PM

ball when his knee touched the ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic