Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Missed opportunities plague Tigers in 14-10 loss to TCU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Sep 26, 2009, 11:06 PM

The Tigers managed just 10 points and one offensive touchdown on Saturday, losing 14-10 to the 15th-ranked Texas Christian University Horned Frogs in front of a soaked 70,000 fans at Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Missed opportunities plague Tigers in 14-10 loss to TCU

Sep 26, 2009, 11:16 PM

ame ole song and dance.

Re: Missed opportunities plague Tigers in 14-10 loss to TCU

Sep 26, 2009, 11:33 PM

yep but ugh....... we still pwn the lamecocks

I'm glad our players are ":proud of this loss" I'm not***

Sep 26, 2009, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Missed opportunities plague Tigers in 14-10 loss to TCU ]

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

If Dabo had hired a good, seasoned OC, we might be 4-0.

Sep 27, 2009, 12:21 AM

I cringed when Dabo hired newbie Napier to be the OC. I thought it would cost us a few games, and I think it already has. It's pretty clear that Napier is in over his head. If Dabo had hired a good, seasoned OC (like Dabo did by hiring Steele as the DC) Clemson would likely be 4-0.

Clemson has far too much talent on offense to be this weak. Napier's play-calling is poor. How many times does Napier have to send our RBs into brick walls between the tackles with a loaded box (especially on 3rd-or-4th-and-short) before he realizes that it's not working? Is it a macho thing about "establishing the run" up the middle even if it's not working?

He needs to mix it up and call plays based on the O-line that he has, not the O-line that he wishes he had. And he needs to call plays based on creating mismatches and what the defense is giving him. We've got to 2-3 top-tier mobile QBs. Where's the option? Where are the QB-design runs? Where's the play-action? Where's the dink and dunk passing game? We just don't seem to have the kind of multi-faceted offense that you get with top-tier OCs.

The defense is playing well, but they can only spend so much time on the field before they're going to tire out and give up points. The offense needs to help them.

Napier is inexperienced so hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and get the offense moving consistently. It's a shame that a program like Clemson is doing this kind of on-the-job training.

Agreed Razz

Sep 27, 2009, 6:20 AM

FIRE BILLY NAPIER! And why did Ellington not touch the ball on offense???? The offense was a disaster!! The misdirection calls were actually working in the first quarter and we drove the field, and then we dont run one misdirection play in the 2nd half. Billy Napier is way over his head!!!! 1 rushing touch down in 4 games. PATHETIC

Re: If Dabo had hired a good, seasoned OC, we might be 4-0.

Sep 27, 2009, 7:37 AM [ in reply to If Dabo had hired a good, seasoned OC, we might be 4-0. ]

I agree. His experience as the QB at Furman and a grad assistant under Spence is no match for the teams we are facing.

Sep 27, 2009, 1:37 PM

This is a duplicate post, but I'm tired of hearing about our talent every time we lose. What good is all this talent doing us? The OL gave Parker time on several key plays and he couldn't make the throw. We lost to TCU. I don't want to hear about their great team. We should not lose to a team from a non-BCS conference. If we can't put up but 10 points against this team, we can forget making a run at the ACC championship. I love Clemson, but something has got to change. I do believe in Dabo. His inexperience is showing. He needs to surround himself with with offensive coaches who are the same level as Steele. Clemson's defense is awesome, but the offense is really bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2009, 2:19 PM [ in reply to If Dabo had hired a good, seasoned OC, we might be 4-0. ]

Razz you're spot on! Napier is just calling plays at random. There is no attempt to move Ford or Spiller around to create linebacker or saftey mismatches. We don't properly use our depth at running back with Harper, Ellington, Taylor, et al. This might keep Spiller fresh for crunch time in the 4th quarter instead of him being exhausted. It's painful to watch.

We are also very weak at O-line and wide receiver. Both positions are coached by the Scott's. Hmmm...maybe something should be done there too.

Will Dabo ever beat a ranked team ?******

Sep 27, 2009, 8:39 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic