Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to Meet Michigan in NCAA Tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Mar 15, 2009, 9:14 PM

Clemson will face Michigan in the first round of the South Regional of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO on Thursday, March 19. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will beat Michigan and could beat Oklahoma...

Mar 15, 2009, 11:33 PM

The tigers say that they have found themselves, if this is true and they can start playing like they were playing early on, they will beat Michigan by 10. They can beat Oklahoma, BUT Trevor booker will have to step to the challege of facing Griffin and limit his rebounds and in the paint points. The rest of Oklahoma's team Rivers and crew should be able to handle. So here is hope the tigers can make it to the SWEET 16!

Re: We will beat Michigan and could beat Oklahoma...

Mar 16, 2009, 7:37 AM

I like the optimism, but unfortunately our glass has been half empty (or more than half) for the last month.
I think we beat UM, then we need to Griffin gets the flu.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2009, 8:32 AM

we have a 50/50 chance agaisnt Michigan...most likely as history has proven the tigers will disappoint and not finish the job as usual with a mess of talent on our team

Hey PURNELL'S POSSE!!!!!!!!! please prove me wrong we have the talent to make it to the final four at least! tired of my friends always trashing us because we have all this talent in football and basketball but can't finish the job! how do we loss to GT in first round is still mind boggling...are we starting to get a tiger curse similar to the chicken curse?

tiger fan for over 25 years

Mar 16, 2009, 11:40 AM

As a clemson fan, I love our team, but I think your are seriously overestimating our talent level compared to other teams, especially in the ACC and not giving Purnell his due.

Even GTs talent compares favorably to ours. Shumpert was a Mcdonalds All American, Lawal projects as a lottery pick(14th, nbadraft.net) in the 2009 NBA draft, Aminu was considered the #5 center in the country his senior year in HS.

In the end, #4 in the ACC was where I hoped we would realistically finish, but #5 is probatly about right. The big surpirise is FSU #4 instead of Miami. In my view, Miami with Mclinton and Collins were serious underachievers.

Considering the two things that give us the most trouble are teams with lots of height(like FSU, WF) and quick, attaching guards(like Lawson & Delaney), I certainly think we match up well against Michigan, who doesn't start anyone over 6'8" and starts a walk-on a pg. We have a chance against Oklahoma if we can get them to play our game. But More than likely it will fall primarily on Sykes & Grant to slow down Blake Griffin.

Hey CUtigerman

Mar 16, 2009, 1:02 PM

Please explain your way of thinking why we must rely on Grant and Sykes to shutdown Griffin? Just curious.

Re: Hey CUtigerman

Mar 16, 2009, 4:31 PM

Griffin is a rugged 6-10, 250 pd PF. Booker is a terrific athlete & the best post defender Clemson has for his height, but he is only 6-7. While Booker will probably have to defend him for stretches, he is too important on the offensive end to risk fatigue and/or foul trouble as the primary defender on Griffin. In addition, playing someone else on Griffin allows Booker to provide double-team help and maximize his shot blocking.

Also I didn't say anyone would shut him down. I don't think anyone on the tigers can shut him down 1-on-1 on a consistent basis. I think the tigers will have to be ready to double team him at times.

Another thing about Griffin is he dominates games as much with his rebounding as scoring. The Sooners win with Griffin scoring 16-18 points a game and getting 14 rebounds. It probably would be wise for the Tigers to keep a body on Griffin at all times and emphasize team rebounding.

If it sounds like I'm giving him a lotta luv, he is the consensus POY :)

Mar 16, 2009, 5:58 PM

I like your thoughts, although Grant will only foul him and Sykes will get backed down to easy. We need Booker in a bad way to step up. You are right, he may get fatigued but this is the NCAA tourny so he has got to step it up. I'm not saying this game relies only on him, but he is a big part.

Mar 16, 2009, 7:51 PM

Obviously Booker will be a huge part of any Clemson victory. Lets hope we get by Michigan so this conversation matters. :)

Mar 16, 2009, 11:57 PM

Yep, I agree.

not looking past Mich, but this will be a GREAT

Mar 17, 2009, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey CUtigerman ]

opportunity for Booker to show he belongs in NBA if he can defend Griffen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2009, 7:37 AM [ in reply to We will beat Michigan and could beat Oklahoma... ]

I like the optimism, but unfortunately our glass has been half empty (or more than half) for the last month.
I think we beat UM, then we need to hope Griffin gets the flu.
GO TIGERS!!

Booker will more than hold his own v Griffin.***

Mar 16, 2009, 8:51 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

The way were playin we wont beat Michigan***

Mar 16, 2009, 10:44 AM

Re: The way were playin we wont beat Michigan***

Mar 16, 2009, 2:14 PM

Tigerman is right about our talent level. We don't have near the talent others, who finished lower than us, have.
I agree we should match up well with UM.
OP better get ready for the 1-3-1. We looked lost when FSU brought it out against us a couple of weeks ago. If I am not mistaken, it is pretty much all the wolverines play on D.
Makes me wish I still had my U of M shirt that had "Go Blow" underneith the big M instead of "Go Blue". I hate

Mar 16, 2009, 2:15 PM

BY the way, anybody know how to get to Ann Arbor?
North till you smell it, West till you step in it.

Mar 16, 2009, 7:42 PM

Hey we are NOT in the NIT anymore so we won't have to go to Ann Arbor just to Kansas City-lol!

Like I said We Wont Beat Michigan.. Freakin Pitiful***

Mar 20, 2009, 11:34 AM

We are going to crush them!***

Aug 13, 2009, 12:19 PM

Bad feeling about this one. I say UM by 3.******

Aug 13, 2009, 12:33 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1