Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Holds Second Practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 758

Aug 6, 2009, 9:06 AM

Clemson got a late start, but had a solid near two and a half hour practice on Wednesday evening. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i love this quote

Aug 6, 2009, 1:23 PM

"When a team wins," Tebow said, "I think they get complacent." His speech raced and the pitch of his voice rose. "I think the great thing about our team is we haven't gotten complacent. We've worked so much harder than we did last year leading up to it, because we know what it takes to get there and we want to get there again. … You hear guys looking forward to two-a-days! You never hear that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=4318570

The whole article is amazing but this is what we need at quarterback and what we need for the team. I don't care if its korn, parker, or michael wade for that matter i just want a leader on this team. Somebody that when its 3rd and 15 he says lets go because he knows the team is going to get it.

I want to see a team that when they show up on saturday they've already won. They won the game monday through friday in their practice not saturday out play calling the opponent.

A few teams in my lifetime had this and rather then going from scratch these are teams that clemson should try to be like. The 2001 miami hurricanes you knew before they touched the field that they were going to win.

Running attacks and great defense look at Nebraska in 1995 and those two things helped them dominate oppenents. In the national championship game they outscored steve spurriers florida team 62 to 24. The highest scoring national title game of all time nebraska did it with a great running attack. FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR RUNNING YARDS, 524 RUSHING YARDS ALONE ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME. And the best part they gave up -28 rushing yards. If clemson is going to be a dominate team like the 80s look at the 95 nebraska team.

I was going to talk about the southern cal and florida teams of the 2000s but i don't think i need to these two are enough example. Winning college football games isn't having that one special player, or coach, or drawing up the right plays all of these things are important but its attitude. Its having that attitude that you can't lose and won't and when teams have this attitude they dominate.

Its established and won the practiced field. Lets see if this team becomes a great team.

Re: Clemson Holds Second Practice

Aug 6, 2009, 6:59 PM

Seems like his hammy has been acting up a long time. The season will be here before you know it. Gonna be hard to lead that receiving corp from the sidelines. Good luck to you Jacoby.......get well soon!!

Re: Clemson Holds Second Practice

Aug 6, 2009, 7:50 PM

It was a bad strain, which takes about 4 weeks to heal & then it still can pull easily if you push to hard to soon. I'm sure they will have him ready!

Replies: 3
| visibility 758
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic