Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barry Humphries to Transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Jul 31, 2009, 11:06 PM

arry Humphries is no longer a member of the Clemson football team, Head Coach Dabo Swinney announced on Friday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...Playing Time to More Youngins***

Aug 1, 2009, 12:03 AM

Coastal Carolina can use him***

Aug 1, 2009, 1:23 AM

screw CC, go to App St...at least he can win a

Aug 1, 2009, 7:38 AM

championship in his last year.

App would be a good choice.***

Aug 1, 2009, 12:21 PM

Why now? More to the story?***

Aug 1, 2009, 7:13 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

TI said he was dismissed from the team for a

Aug 1, 2009, 9:50 AM

violation of Team Rules yesterday. Maybe it's a forced resignation...

Love you.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is projected to be on the fourth string and....

Aug 1, 2009, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Why now? More to the story?*** ]

with him having to miss the first 2 games due to his mistakes that will put him more behind the eightball. Being a senior he probably just wants to play. he has already got an undergrad degree from Clemson and probably just wants to go somewhere he can start his senior year because unless we have injuries on the oline he isnt playing at Clemson this year.

Good question John Boy

Aug 1, 2009, 7:18 AM

Maybe... and this is just me thinking... He knows the NFL is no chance and he just wants to get on a field his last chance. Or... he thinks going somewhere he CAN get on the field will give him a chance at the big show. Who knows.

I remember when we signed Humphries

Aug 1, 2009, 7:41 AM

He was touted by the all the publications as one of the nation's best. Just goes to show you that stars mean very little sometimes. Hopefully, Dabo is getting the right balance between stars, attitude and work ethic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember when we signed Humphries

Aug 1, 2009, 9:47 AM

Well lets see:
1. work ethic - already graduated and the strongest player on the team

2. Aility - dominant in the Ga Tech game prior to being injured - second on the team in knockdowns in 07 - can play center or guard

3. Depth chart - 4th - Huh? - behind folks like Dalton Freeman and Ben Ramsey - way ahead of these folks on one leg.

4. Attitude and off field issues - this must be the real problem. He has the ability to start or at the very least rotate with Cloy.

I hope he resolves any issues he has and is able to have an injury free year. Good luck Barry

Huh?.

Aug 1, 2009, 11:23 AM

Ben Ramsey is a walk on.

Dalton Freeman was offered by some of the best programs around and is pushing Cloy for the starting center job. Barry would have not beaten out either Cloy or Freeman imo and CU is 3 deep at guard. Austin and McClain are the starters at guard - Barry wasn't going to start ahead of them; he would have played, but he wants to start and that wasn't going to happen.

I hate to see a senior leave and especially one that worked as hard as Barry, but sometimes it's for the best for both parties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to first story on TI, he was kicked off the team

Aug 1, 2009, 10:30 AM

First reports on TI said he was dismissed from the team for rules violations. Follow-up interview with Humphries said he was transferring for more playing time. Another dismissal called "I quit for personal reasons"?

Rumor is he's headed to PC***

Aug 3, 2009, 8:08 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic