Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Announces Venue Change for Baseball Championships
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Jul 7, 2009, 9:28 AM

Since 2000, the conference has supported the NAACP’s statements concerning the flag issue and followed the NCAA’s policy of not holding pre-determined championships in the state of South Carolina. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the biggest crock of BS ever...

Jul 7, 2009, 9:50 AM

It's a flag people. A flag... that deals with our history that none of us can change. I like the idea of it being on the State grounds. If it truely continues to hurt our state economy, then take it down and put it in a museum. It's really not a big deal, I don't understand why the NAACP makes such a big deal about it. Oh and John Swofford... why not Myrtle Beach? Honestly it's a great fit and would bring a tremendous crowd. Who wouldn't want to go to the beach to watch ACC baseball?????

Re: This is the biggest crock of BS ever...

Jul 7, 2009, 10:02 AM

sure agree...I do n ot want to cave in to that b unch of ?????.. if we do they will only want another victory and something else to complain about!! they MUST have some silly"cause"to keep their guys interested!! same old same old!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't you understand!

Jul 7, 2009, 10:46 AM [ in reply to This is the biggest crock of BS ever... ]

if they put it in a museum, the kids would have to see it on field trips and whatnot!

god forbid!

it's obviously arguing for the sake of arguing at this point

job and cause justification

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This issue will never end until the United States is

Jul 7, 2009, 10:58 AM

renamed West Africa and the red yellow and black are flying over the White House. It may then be determined that the White House is a racist name and change as well.

Re: This issue will never end until the United States is

Jul 7, 2009, 11:03 AM

This thread won't end well. lol

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

F### America I am so tired of this cr@p when will it end?

Jul 7, 2009, 8:50 PM [ in reply to This issue will never end until the United States is ]

My kids will need to make 400 points higher on the SAT test, make straight A pluses on every test to get the same scholarship. When they go to work they'll have to work twice as hard to get the promotion. Why get ahead? To pay more taxes of couse. So every crack smoking teenage baby factory can get free everything (including steak on food stamps for her dog because dog food costs too much).
If I could sell my house, I'd move to the West Indies and put my money in a hole in the ground.

Wow***

Jul 8, 2009, 12:40 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: F### America I am so tired of this cr@p when will it end?

Jul 9, 2009, 9:00 AM [ in reply to F### America I am so tired of this cr@p when will it end? ]

I, just like most on this forum, agree that things aren't as good as they could or should be . . . but F-America? Come on, get a hold of yourself. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just made a comment like that in the heat of the moment. But you need to think twice before making such an ignorant statement. With all of the young men and women that have sacraficed and continue to sacrafice their lives for what we have, how dare you say F-America? Again, you are more than welcome to leave my/our country. In fact, if that is how you feel this country would be better off without you.

Re: F### America I am so tired of this cr@p when will it end?

Jul 12, 2009, 11:14 AM [ in reply to F### America I am so tired of this cr@p when will it end? ]

Love it or leave it.

^^^ Rev. Wright's Scok ^^^***

Jul 12, 2009, 1:10 PM [ in reply to F### America I am so tired of this cr@p when will it end? ]

Re: ^^^ Rev. Wright's Scok ^^^***

Jul 12, 2009, 7:08 PM

I'm assuming you meant sock. However, I understand with the oppression that the white man in South Carolina has had to endure ( I know because I am a white man born and raised in South Carolina ) that it's really difficult to learn proper spelling.

Especially when you're busy sucking Bill O' Reilly off in between putting cars on cinder blocks in your trailer park. Quit pretending/wishing you're a victim.

I was in Myrtle Beach last week

Jul 7, 2009, 10:49 AM [ in reply to This is the biggest crock of BS ever... ]

There were a ton of black people vacationing and you know they're not all from SC. Who is the NAACP trying to help? People of all races visit SC vacation spots and they couldn't give a rats ### about the flag in Columbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont you get it? They want to rewrite history

Jul 7, 2009, 1:24 PM [ in reply to This is the biggest crock of BS ever... ]

.....and these are some lessons we best not forget on many levels....but that is what happens....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Seems like the flag clingers are the ones who want to

Jul 7, 2009, 5:04 PM

History... Like somehow, leaving a relic flying will change the fact the Confederate states failed.

And both side are too stupid (or conveniently choose to ignore) the fact that the flag in question doesn't even represent what they think it does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like this quote from Carlton McCarthy who was a private...

Jul 8, 2009, 12:17 AM

in the Second Company Richmond Howitzers, Cutshaw's Battalion Artillery, Second Corps, Army of Northern Virginia. He wrote a book titled DETAILED MINUTIAE OF SOLDIER LIFE IN THE ARMY OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA 1861-1865 in which he said this about the Confederate battle flag:

"This banner, the witness and inspiration of many victories, which was proudly borne on every field from Manassas to Appomattox, was conceived on the field of battle, lived on the field of battle, and on the last fatal field ceased to have place or meaning in the world. But the men who followed it, and the world which watched its proud advance or defiant stand, see in it still the unstained banner of a brave and generous people, whose deeds have outlived their country, and whose final defeat but added lustre to their grandest victories.

It was not the flag of the Confederacy, but simply the banner, the battle-flag, of the Confederate soldier. As such it should not share in the condemnation which our cause received, or suffer from its downfall. The whole world can unite in a chorus of praise to the gallantry of the men who followed where this banner led."

He went on to say: ",,,place the battle flag in a place of security, as it were, separated from all the political significance which attaches to the Confederate flag, and depending for its future place solely upon the deeds of the armies which bore it, amid hardships untold, to many victories."

You can find more of what Private McCarthy wrote at www.whistlin-dixie.net

Both sides of this issue seemed to have missed the point, that this is not a memorial to the Confederacy but to sacrifice of those men who by and large were not slave holders but men defending their homes from a host of invading armies. Armies that, by the way, waged the first total war and did not spare the civilian population.

As anyone raised in South Carolina before the advent of political correctness and diversity knows, you're not going to force South Carolina to do anything.

What kills me is that those condemning the displaying of the Confederate Battle Flag seem to be unaware of history or just don't care. They're so #### busy being victims. Otherwise they would be aware the first flag of secession was not the Bonnie Blue Flag but the Palmetto Flag. I don't see anyone protesting it.

I think it was Father Ryan (I could be wrong) wrote this about the Confederate flag as opposed to the battle flag. I think it captures the defeated South's despair:

The Confederate Flag

Take that banner down,'tis weary,
Round its staff 'tis drooping dreary,
Furl it, hide it, let it rest;
For there's not a man to wave it--
For there's not a soul to lave it
In the blood that heroes gave it.
Furl it, hide it, let it rest.

Take that banner down,'tis tattered;
Broken is its staff, and shattered;
And the valiant hearts are scattered
Over whom it floated high.
Oh! 'tis hard for us to fold it--
Hard to think there's none to hold it--
Hard that those, who once unrolled it,
Now must furl it with a sigh.

Furl that banner, furl it sadly;
Once six millions hailed it gladly,
And three hundred thousand, madly,
Swore it should forever wave--
Swore that foeman's sword should never
Hearts like theirs entwined dissever--
That their flag should float forever
O'er their freedom or their grave!

Furl it, for the hands that grasped it,
And the hearts that fondly clasped it,
Cold and dead are lying low;
And that banner--it is trailing,
While around it sounds the wailing
Of its people in their woe;
For, though conquered, they adore it,
Love the cold, dead hands that bore it,
Weep for those who fell before it--
Oh! how wildly they deplore it,
Now to furl and fold it so!

Furl that banner; true 'tis gory,
But 'tis wreathed around with glory,
And'twill live in song and story,
Though its folds are in the dust;
For its fame, on brightest pages--
Sung by poets, penned by sages--
Shall go sounding down to ages--
Furl its folds though now we must.

Furl that banner-softly, slowly;
Furl it gently, it is holy,
For it droops above the dead.
Touch it not, unfurl it never,
Let it droop there, furled forever,
For its people's hopes are fled.

And now we aren't even allowed to celebrate what honor and dignity that did come out of that unpleasantness because of some deranged notions of political correctness and entitlement.

So Sterling, I believe you are both right and wrong. Still, It does not have anything to do with the failed Confederacy and it doesn't represent what you think it does. Still I think is unfair to characterize the supporters of the flag as "flag-clingers".

Personally, I think the flag is where it is because South Carolinians refuse to be pushed around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."
Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

Take it down!

Jul 8, 2009, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Seems like the flag clingers are the ones who want to ]

Everybody always wants to play the heritage not hate card. It's hate. We didn't even start flying the d@mn thing until Jim Crowe. Not to mention, this particular naval jack was one of many flags to represent the south. It just so happens that this one was also chosen to represent various hate groups, such as the KKK, in a segregated south. Fly the Bonnie Blue flag if you're so worried about heritage and quit offending people for no good reason.

I have seen the flag once in Columbia since they moved it...

Jul 8, 2009, 12:29 PM

But I have seen thousands on poles from Clemson to Myrtle Beach - They can take it down - but they will never get it out of the state. Funny how no one protests all the flags at NASCAR events.

That's the good thing about America.

Jul 8, 2009, 1:46 PM

People are allowed to be as racist as they want to be.

Re: Take it down!

Jul 11, 2009, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Take it down! ]

they took it off the dome which satisfied most people but the naacp is power hungry and will not compromise

ACC = tarbacco road***

Jul 7, 2009, 9:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

EFF the ACC and John Swofford, I hate that crummy son of a..

Jul 7, 2009, 10:04 AM

and the NAACP. Always sticking their nose where is doesnt belong and ruining everything that is good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: EFF the ACC and John Swofford, I hate that crummy son of a..

Jul 7, 2009, 10:23 AM

I agree, it's a flag that represents our history. There is no reason to take it down. The naacp wants to have a problem with it, because most of them are racist. Its a flag get over it.

Well said...***

Jul 7, 2009, 10:34 AM

i don't believe this is soley a "flag thing"

Jul 7, 2009, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: EFF the ACC and John Swofford, I hate that crummy son of a.. ]

swofford just needed an excuse to move the games to NC

Boooo***

Jul 7, 2009, 10:19 AM

lol***

Jul 7, 2009, 10:21 AM

This hurts all South Carolinians

Jul 7, 2009, 11:04 AM

Both black and white South Carolinians are hurt financially by this decision. The NAACP does not have the interest of SC's residents at heart. They are desperately trying to justify their existence by forcing pointless issues like this one. Sadly, they can and will continue to do things that hurt their membership until said membership says "Enough!"

If it's so pointless...

Jul 8, 2009, 11:26 AM

then why are all of you fighting so vehemently against it?

Did that just happen?

Jul 9, 2009, 10:49 PM

I think you just answered your own question.

Re: ACC Announces Venue Change for Baseball Championships

Jul 7, 2009, 11:36 AM

you gus are totally right. its like when someone burns the stars and stripes. its no big deal then so why all this noise over one flag.

Jul 7, 2009, 8:55 PM

It's not the flag. The flag is just an excuse for the NAACP. If you take the flag down, it'll just be something else. They have to have a cause for which to rally their support and to keep the contributions coming in. How pathetic of them and even worse how pathetic Swoffy is to pay this any attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford as spineless as ever

Jul 8, 2009, 8:31 AM

I'm so tired of hearing about this crap

Screw Swofford and the NAACP.***

Jul 8, 2009, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Screw Swofford and the NAACP.***

Jul 8, 2009, 10:43 AM

I prefer female Asian strippers.

Jul 8, 2009, 10:45 AM

Swofford has Balls... and many of you do not. He was just man enough to make a stand.

Jul 8, 2009, 11:46 AM

What did he make a stand on? He is a sissy girl! Yes you are right!

Stupid naacp:(

Jul 8, 2009, 7:01 PM

LETS PULL OUT OF THE ACC and JOIN Anyone ELSE. EFF Barker and Swofford

The NAACP is the most racist organization in existence today

Jul 8, 2009, 10:37 PM

that is all.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

So let me get this straight....

Jul 9, 2009, 9:04 AM

NAACP = "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"

Advancement = $

$ = Jobs

ACC tourney in SC = Revenue and jobs for SC businesses and people, some of which are people of color

ACC tourney in NC = NO revenue or jobs for SC businesses and people, some of which are people of color

No revenue or for SC businesses and people, some of which are people of color = NO $

No $ = NO Advancement

Therefore:

NO Advancement = NAACP

I think I get it now...

savannah, ga would be a good choice if they have a stadium***

Jul 9, 2009, 10:04 AM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What a croc of BS. Swofford, you knew from the jump that

Jul 12, 2009, 9:32 PM

that tourney was going to NC. The NAACP is a disgraceful organization. How many black south carolinians are adversely affected by your grandstanding?

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic