Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Booker's highlight-reel dunk propels Tigers to 29-point ACC win over Maryland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,273

Feb 17, 2009, 10:42 PM

Trevor Booker scored 11 points and snagged 14 rebounds to lead six Clemson players in double figures as the 13th-ranked Tigers defeated Maryland 93-64 at Littlejohn Tuesday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Booker's highlight-reel dunk propels Tigers to 29-point ACC win over Maryland

Feb 18, 2009, 9:02 AM

OP must have had a word of prayer with the fellas at half. They looked sluggish in the first half, just like they looked at UVA. I
I was feeling a little sick until about 18 minutes left in the 2nd.
ALl the starters looked great excepting Sykes. He looks scared when he has the ball in his hands. He made a couple of good passes but forced a few more. There are times when I can't believe Coach Purnell doesn't yank him out.
Young, Smith, and Grant had great efforts off the bench.
Go tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Booker's highlight-reel dunk propels Tigers to 29-point ACC win over Maryland

Feb 18, 2009, 9:22 AM

I really thought one of the keys was the re-emergence of Demontez Stitt. In fact, I am doing a follow up story on him and Oglesby. Hitting those shots early gave him confidence, and while the assists numbers still aren't there (just one last night) he has done a great job of protecting the ball and getting the Tigers into their offense.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stitt doesn't really need assists...

Feb 18, 2009, 9:25 AM

In fact, given how our offense runs, it might be more important for Trevor to have them.

Stitt just needs to have minimal turnovers, good defense and to hit the free throws that come his way.

He did all that last night ... and a nice win is the result.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stitt doesn't really need assists...

Feb 18, 2009, 9:39 AM

Oglesby has really improved his passing game, and is looking to pass first, shoot second a lot of times, which I love to see. Asked him about that after the game, and he had a great quote, said Oliver has told him he needs to be the "basketball player from Tennessee", not the "little shooter from Tennessee." Great quote

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stitt doesn't really need assists...

Feb 18, 2009, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Stitt doesn't really need assists... ]

This is a great point. The more hi-lo they play the better off they will be.
As great as TO played I have yet to see him do it back to back, he was awful against FSU, then great at BC, then awful at UVA (6 TO's), and looked great again last night. I love his game, just want to see him be consistent with his decision making. He has come so far from last year, taking guys off the dribble and driving and/or making the little bounce pass in the lane. It is fun watching him grow as a player.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like a come to Jesus meeting***

Feb 20, 2009, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Booker's highlight-reel dunk propels Tigers to 29-point ACC win over Maryland ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

77% free throw!!

Feb 18, 2009, 11:22 AM

We may actually compete in the the tourneys down the stretch. If we can keep that going!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,273
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic