Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Lose Overtime Heart-Breaker to Cavaliers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Feb 15, 2009, 5:03 PM

The 11th-ranked Clemson Tigers have had to bounce back from tough losses a few times this season, but Sunday's 85-81 overtime loss to the Virginia Cavaliers will be the toughest. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Potter doesn't need to play,

Feb 15, 2009, 6:41 PM

His defense was atrocious,and he is a lazy player. Rivers needed to step up and take over and that didn't happen. Of course we didn't get the ball to Booker enough, but some situations he did not fight to get open. Demontez Stitt's play was horrible. In the ACC, if your point guard can not drive the basket he doesn't need to play. I think Andrea Young is a better decision maker than Stitt. I think we need to continue to develop him to play over Stitt. He has just had too many bad games and I am tired of waiting on him to step up. T.O. took an AWFUL shot with 8 seconds left. He's not the only person on the court that can make a 3 pointer. He didn't even look at his options. He just trapped himself in a corner and had his shot blocked. But I think he will develop into a real leader in the future. Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Potter doesn't need to play,

Feb 16, 2009, 7:34 AM

I think Potter CAN play. I cannot believe there was not a foul called when he drove on the last play of regulation. HGe was bodied the whole way to the hoop.
I agree that TO should have looked at his options before forcing that last shot.
One other thing, with 20 seconds left and a 1 point lead who would you rather have shooting two shots? I was shocked that KC did not hit both of those free throws.
Regroup and refocus

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think Potter should play more

Feb 16, 2009, 11:47 AM

He is the type of athlete that litters the rosters of teams that are good every year. He's long,can drive, finishes well, and can create his own shot when needed unlike most of our players. He also can kbock down open 3s. Generally I think he plays very good D.

I'm sure there is a reason he isn't playing more. I wonder if he's one of those guys that would play better if given more minutes.

KC Rivers just needed to make BOTH free throws ************

Feb 16, 2009, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Potter doesn't need to play, ]

Re: KC Rivers just needed to make BOTH free throws ************

Feb 16, 2009, 9:52 AM

I agree Kc,To,Stitt,and Potter all had some poor plays but Sykes by far hurt us the most, I do not understand why he is on the court, he may get a block and a dunk but besides those he cannot score and we kept giving him the ball! Grant should start over Sykes!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KC Rivers just needed to make BOTH free throws ************

Feb 16, 2009, 5:04 PM

I agree. SYKES kills us every game. The kid has heart and has become a much better player since he arrived at Clemson but he absolutly killed us in the second half. Virgina's defense sagged off him when he was on the floor to double Booker. This prevented us from getting Booker the ball and also caused problems with penetration.

I think Potter is a good player and I like Young off the bench. Stitt has to play better and find his shot. He missed a number of open shots from the perimeter.

This was a trap game and we had all going against us. They retired Singletary's jersey, they had lost 8 in a row and 4 in a row at home. They were due. Purnell will get the team ready for Maryland. But we MUST win both our remaining home games and let the chips fall where they may on the road.

Finally, the officiating was awful. Stitt penetrated all game and was almost never fouled yet they bodied him constantly. Potter was certainly fouled on the last play. There was also a three that TO hit and was knocked down but no foul called. Despite all that, we still had a chance to win the game and didn't get it done. Our D was poor like it has been all year on the road.

Again, OP will get us ready for Maryland. I expect a great effort and a good win. Go TIGERS!!

For the OT last possession

Feb 16, 2009, 11:47 AM

Did we not have a timeout to give? You knew TO wanted to have the last shot, but the whole thing just looked unorganized. I think we should have drawn up a play for Rivers to take the last shot.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic