Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Kick Off ACC Season with Rout of Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,258

Dec 22, 2008, 10:11 AM

An ACC road win, 28 points from the incomparable K.C. Rivers and a still-unblemished record are more than enough to give Clemson head coach Oliver Purnell a smile bright enough to light up Clemson for the holidays. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats Boys!

Dec 22, 2008, 3:35 PM

I watched the whole game and the only things that I saw (instead of sometimes many things last year) were bad shot selections being made from a few guys early in possessions, and Oglesby's poor ball handling skills. The boy can flat-out shoot, but seems nervous/lazy with the ball (depending on the situation).

Completely Underrated

Dec 22, 2008, 5:42 PM

I'm sick of the rankings, we're clearly a top 10-15 team right now...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

We'll see. If they keep winning, the rankings will be fine.***

Dec 22, 2008, 6:59 PM

Re: Completely Underrated

Dec 22, 2008, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Completely Underrated ]

yeah and the ones that really make me mad are Tennessee(after losing to liberty, whom we beat)being ranked ahead of us at 16.... And Notre Dame being in the top 10 with 2 losses is just a crock. There are 4 two loss teams in the top 10 right now. #1 in the RPI and we can't get bumped ahead of 2 loss teams. I'm confused :(

Re: Completely Underrated

Dec 23, 2008, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Completely Underrated ]

The rankings are what have made me so mad about a lot of teams and specifically Duke, ND, and MSU of late. My question is why do we need to be in the top 10? Although i agree it would be nice for a Clemson program that deserves to be in the top 10 to be rated equally with the other programs around the country it would be nicer if we shut up all of the AP's mouths about UNC going undefeated and beat them like we should have 3 times last year (up at the half in all 3 games). Better yet what about a little tourney run and make it to the final four or even just the elite eight. I think that would gain the BB program as much notoriety as being in the top 10 all year and (being as bad as ND really is) getting dropped like a bad habit from a higher (probably 4 or 5 seed) ranking in the tournament. In season rankings are garbage and so biased on what the program should be not what they really are i.e. Louisville, Tennessee, and Michigan State and the other two from above. All of those teams are worse than they have been in recent years and they are only rated above us for their perceived quality. I have some news HOT off the press: Perceived Quality does not equate to wins. Everyone will (hopefully) see how much better we are than MSU, ND, Purdue, Louisville, and Tennessee when we play the "powerhouses" of the ACC. (MD, UNC and Duke)
Other than that AMAZING game coached by OPP in Coral Gables, totally took Miami out of their offense and made them one dimensional (shooters) which Miami certainly is not. And another great game for K.C. hopefully he saves some of those points for the tourney!

Re: Congrats Boys!

Dec 23, 2008, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Congrats Boys! ]

How bout Tanner Smith. His defense looks really good. He drew a good bit of praise from the announcers for his D. His offense scares me. Hopefully he will grow out of it but, his passes are LAZY. Kind of reminds me of the passes Jurkunius made a few years back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see stats on this game!***

Dec 23, 2008, 9:23 AM

Here ya go....

Dec 23, 2008, 9:25 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=283562390

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,258
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic