Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Hood: USC vs Clemson Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Nov 28, 2008, 12:42 PM

The so-called genius of the Old Ball Coach versus the running genius of C.J. Spiller. Can Clemson score enough to win against a tough Carolina defense? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David Hood....Genius...Rookie.....Wannabee***

Nov 28, 2008, 12:45 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're overreacting a little bit

Nov 28, 2008, 12:54 PM

he's just making an honest prediction, and I'm pretty sure Crump is paying him to write commentaries and that is exactly what he did about Dabo. I mean he just wrote a column about the carolina game, isn't that what you wanted?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

z17

This CONFIRMS it! Hood is a CHICKEN! LOL.:)****

Nov 28, 2008, 12:45 PM

Dabo pumpers are really gonna hate Hood now......***

Nov 28, 2008, 12:46 PM

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Yep...it's obvious he watched our offense against UVA

Nov 28, 2008, 12:48 PM

last week. And took off his blinding orange colored glasses while doing it.

Is that Dabo's O?

Nov 28, 2008, 12:50 PM

or is it a piece meal playbook of what was left from Rob Spence?

He's the head coach. It WAS pathetic.***

Nov 28, 2008, 12:52 PM

and yet we won.

Nov 28, 2008, 12:53 PM

Go figure.

A BEYOND pathetic Virginia team and our D says hello.***

Nov 28, 2008, 12:55 PM

So if I understand you two correctly...

Nov 28, 2008, 12:58 PM

Our O looked awful... dabo's fault because he's the HEAD COACH.

But we won...

yeah, but Dabo doesn't deserve credit.

Gotcha.

What have you seen so far that tells you....

Nov 28, 2008, 1:02 PM

he is going to lead this program to a National Championship....that's my question. It's extremely simple. 3-2 with two of those wins being over Dook and UVA doesn't quite give me that feeling.

That should be the goal by the way. I'd like to know what quality it is that everyone sees and believes he has a National Championship with Clemson in his future.

And don't tell me because CJ said he would come back next year and the players like him. Players always resist change, because of the uncertainty.

I've seen more of things that make me believe in Dabo

Nov 28, 2008, 1:17 PM

in the last 43 days than I have seen in the entire careers of other coaches.

He's unrelenting in his pursuit of perfection from his players.

He sticks to a strong code in terms of how the game should be played.

He motivates his players.

His players respect him.

He has shown a propensity for winning good and winning bad.

some pretty successful coaches think he's ready and able.

Huh? That's pie in the sky stuff,,,,why can't anyone

Nov 28, 2008, 1:22 PM

answer me staight on experience and track record? What because Gene Stallings, who he played for, says he's ready after he called him to meet with the team and got stopped by some reporters?

Seriously??? Come on.

Unrelenting pursuit of perfection, a strong code in how the game is played, players respect him. I'm trying to figure out how you came to these subjective conclusions....oh, because they are subjective.

W's, L's and resume. Those things aren't subjective.

But you choose to ignore the fact that W/L's are only part

Nov 28, 2008, 1:46 PM

of the story, and it comes near the end. There are certain qualities that a successful head coach possesses, that ultimately lead to the results you place so much emphasis upon.

And yes, it's subjective; sorry if that bothers you, but it's just the way it is. In fact, choosing to insist on an impressive W/L record while ignoring other "subjective" qualities is itself . . . well . . . subjective.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Joe... I tend to agree with you on this...

Nov 28, 2008, 1:03 PM [ in reply to So if I understand you two correctly... ]

I feel like Dabo has to work with Spence's offense. You can't change offensive schemes midseason. I think he has tweaked some things to his liking, and it has paid off.

Even though I feel like TDP should hire outside... I would be interested to know what Dabo and Napier would do offensively if he got the job.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

3-2 is not satisfactory regardless of circumstance.

Nov 28, 2008, 12:55 PM [ in reply to and yet we won. ]

Rob Spence was not the only one running the team. DS was still on the staff then and for the last couple years.....unless I am mistaken.

Why do people believe that if he is hired we are going to be Alabama all of a sudden???

UVA is horrible BTW.

The plays weren't always the problem....

Nov 28, 2008, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Is that Dabo's O? ]

It was WHEN they were called. They were the wrong plays, called at the wrong time, against the wrong defensive set.

From what i've seen, it hasn't changed much... Although, he has called some affective screens at the right time. That's been nice.

Come on Joe, you played for Clemson, it doesn't take a

Nov 28, 2008, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Is that Dabo's O? ]

different playbook to throw beyond the down markers on 3rd and 10. EVERY pass that was completed at UVA required our receiver to bust two tackles to try and get a first down.

The OL was not a issue there, as CH had plenty of time to throw on all but two passes. We only had 196 yards of total offense against a bottom half ACC defense.

We have 3 wins under Dabo, two against teams that are going to finish 5-7 on the season, and one against a good BC team. The BC win was basically C.J. putting the team on his shoulders and making big plays all day. Even with that, our offense and special teams gave up 21 points off of turnovers, and if not for Spiller breaking off a big late K.O. return, we would have lost that game in the 4th quarter as well.

The most consistent part of our team right now is our defense, and it think it is pretty much understood VK is gone after this season, and where doe that leave us?

I really like Dabo, who wouldn't? He loves the school we all love, but is he the right hire?

You played under Danny, and you might have more knowledge on my next statement, maybe direct knowledge, but in the few comments I have read in the paper from Danny on this subject, I get the feeling he thinks TDP needs to go outside, why?

He commented that if Clemson didn't make the right decision now, we could find ourselves out of the national picture for another decade. I saw another article a few weeks ago where Danny said he was concerned over how many Clemson fans seemed content with the average to slightly above average seasons, and willing to accept them over being the big dog in this conference and a player nationally. Would another team in the ACC even consider Dabo as a head coach given his current resume?

Maybe I'm reading what I want to in Danny's comments, but they don't seem like an endorsement for and inexperienced head coach. Also, when folks try to compare Ford to Dabo, they are way off IMO. One thing Danny had the day he was hired in late 1978, and continued to have his entire time at Clemsson, was a dynamite staff. His 1979 staff had defensive minds like Joe Kines and Mickey Andrews. As we moved to the 80's there was Harper, Reedy, Hallaman, West, Laycock, Oliver, etc.. roaming the sidelines on Ford's teams.

TB's biggest problem, other than RR and Burns, has largely been his staff. Does Dabo have the contacts necessary to cut many of the current staff loose and find upgraded replacements? I would think successful assistants would be reticent to come to Clemson and coach for a head man who will probably be on a very short leash.

Again, I could be totally wrong, and you may have some inside information that I don't, but on the outside, this is what this early 80's Clemson alum sees.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. It is amazing that so

Nov 28, 2008, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Is that Dabo's O? ]

few people realize that Dabo's offensive philosophy is not the same as what we're seeing this season. Dabo has been forced to mostly stick with what the players know, rather than installing a lot of new stuff in the middle of the season. Despite that, our offense is playing better. Dabo has done a great job!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dabo has never stated what his offensive philosophy will be

Nov 28, 2008, 2:20 PM

unless I have missed it. I have been reading high and low to find it, and never seen it printed. He has never been a coordinator, so my guess is he hasn't refined one as of yet.

Re: Dabo pumpers are really gonna hate Hood now......***

Nov 28, 2008, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Dabo pumpers are really gonna hate Hood now......*** ]

It would be nice if you were mad at the end of next week, If you are not then you will probably regret it the next few years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

you're just another one who doesn't really read

Nov 28, 2008, 12:56 PM

my posts...

i'm not going to be mad at whoever is hired....

unless it's bobby johnson... ;)

Re: you're just another one who doesn't really read

Nov 28, 2008, 1:01 PM

Read a lot of your posts over the last few days. Can't say I was impressed.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I'm not out to impress anyone...

Nov 28, 2008, 1:55 PM

especially you.

I'm just having some fun with all this. People are way too serious on this board.

Buchholtz missed a field goal late two years ago!??!?

Nov 28, 2008, 12:47 PM

I'm sorry wasn't that Dean?

That was fixed real quick!***

Nov 28, 2008, 1:21 PM

Re: David Hood: USC vs Clemson Prediction

Nov 28, 2008, 12:49 PM

I dont think carolina can score 23 on the TIGERS

I agree 100%

Nov 28, 2008, 4:26 PM

I agree 100%

hmmm....I'll buy the margin...but SCAR scoring 23 on us?

Nov 28, 2008, 12:50 PM

Doubt it.

w/o Sapp I think his prediction is right on***

Nov 28, 2008, 12:59 PM

Re: w/o Sapp I think his prediction is right on***

Nov 28, 2008, 1:02 PM

Though we will miss Sapp, he hasn't been overly impressive this year, playing hurt for the most part of it. I don't think this will be a deciding factor, maybe one of our backups will stay at home a little more and stop some draws for once.

i noticed a huge difference when he came back from injury

Nov 28, 2008, 1:03 PM

i hope you're right though.

Same here. I expect our D to do a good job against them.

Nov 28, 2008, 1:51 PM [ in reply to w/o Sapp I think his prediction is right on*** ]

But their D is going to shut our offense down and put a hurting on Cullen Harper. I expect a close, low-scoring game. 24-17, bad guys. And if we win and make a bowl, then that is just further evidence that there are too many bowl games.

I agree with everthing except the final score

Nov 28, 2008, 1:13 PM

Dabo and the Tigers get it done 23-17

Re: David Hood: USC vs Clemson Prediction

Nov 28, 2008, 4:25 PM

I think Clemson will win because the simple fact that they are a better football team than Carolina. Not to mention that Clemson has home stadium advantage. Also don't forget what historical data indicates: (Carolina usually wins once in a five year period). This means they at least have 2 or 3 more losses before they beat Clemson again. Not only do I think the Tigers will win, but I also think Carolina is due for a good blowout. I say Clemson wins by four touchdowns (41-13).
side note: my son (who is 8 yrs old and surprisingly accurate) predicted 27-24 Clemson victory.

Home advantage has nothing to do with it.***

Nov 28, 2008, 6:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This game will come down to 1 or 2 big plays

Nov 28, 2008, 1:38 PM

Big Plays are made by Big Play Makers. We have more playmakers than Carolina. We will win this game on a play made by either Aaron Kelly, Spiller, or Ford. Carolina could win it on a play made my McKinley.
All things even (which they pretty much are) I like our odds 3-1 of coming out victorious.

Re: This game will come down to 1 or 2 big plays

Nov 28, 2008, 8:16 PM

I agree with that. We do have more play makers and should win. I also want to point out to everyone looking at our offense in the Va. game- have you forgotten that VA SHUT OUT Maryland 31-0??? They are not the pushover defensively that some would have you believe.VA had a good defensive gameplan for Spiller- one that I think we will see again tomorrow.

While I agree with alot of what you're saying,

Nov 28, 2008, 8:45 PM

your timing really S*U*C*K*S!!!!

Shame on you!!! If we lose to anyone, under any coach, to teams we should beat, we will be after their head!!

Message to David Hood

Nov 29, 2008, 3:25 PM

Are you disappointed?
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please hand in your resignation and have your cubby cleaned

Nov 29, 2008, 4:03 PM

out by 5pm. :)

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Message to David Hood

Nov 29, 2008, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Message to David Hood ]

I think he had a coot jersey on under his poncho today.

Whatever...***

Nov 29, 2008, 4:43 PM

Da-vid Hood, once a ma-ster of prog-nos-ti-cation, now a

Nov 29, 2008, 7:17 PM

study in mop-ish-ness...

Let's break this down.......

Nov 29, 2008, 11:38 PM

383 yards of offense, 4 interceptions, and a blocked punt. Spurrier clearly got out-coached.

I guess when this is over you could be a weatherman?

Hood ain't "All In". Fire his a$$ today please.***

Nov 30, 2008, 2:46 PM

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic