Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney: Tigers Need to Learn to Put People Away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,694

Nov 3, 2008, 12:18 AM

The Tigers came away with a 27-21 victory at Boston College, but three costly interceptions, a blocked punt, missed tackles, and penalties made the game much closer than it should have been. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every

Nov 3, 2008, 12:25 AM

one of them is blind to his mediocre play for some reason. Frustrating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like Dabo was pretty honest about Harper's

Nov 3, 2008, 12:31 AM

performance. I am confident that he would have played Korn if he could've. If Korn is healthy for FSU, I think we will see a lot more of him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dabo better watch out.

Nov 3, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

He might get what he deserves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you mean by that, franc??***

Nov 3, 2008, 1:16 AM

Some players are not "ALL IN" yet...still creating the

Nov 3, 2008, 3:27 AM

mental flashbacks of Bowdenism.

You don't KNOW that, so just shut up***

Nov 3, 2008, 10:14 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Yeah, put the injured guy in who can't throw well against

Nov 3, 2008, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

one of the best run defense in the ACC.

Perhaps your best coaching days are still ahead of you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not fair because Willy Korn is obviously also injured.***

Nov 3, 2008, 1:19 PM

Re: Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every

Nov 3, 2008, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

I heard Korn is injured worse than they let on. And that is why we did not see more of him. I expect to see more of him against FSU but Harper will be the starter and get most of the playing time.

And be glad we got the win and stop trying to blame our QB. Sure he hasn't played up to expectations this year, but name me one player on Clemson that has? (CJ maybe) Harper's maturity as a QB is whey he was able to shrugg off those picks and throw a great game winning TD. He made the play when he had too. I thihk Korn will play more the rest of the season as long as he is healthy. If he isn't, don't risk getting him injured worse. Because I'm sure you all would rather see him start next year than Parker. But Parker is a good QB and expect him to Challenge Korn for the starting position (IMHO).

Let's stand behind our whole team. We have a fresh start with Bowden gone. We had some positives from this game. Harper threw for over 200 yards and completed a majority of his passes (21-33) and scored two touchdowns. One running I might add. We got the ball to CJ and JD a combined 27 times. We put up 27 points on the road. That is what we need to keep doing. Our defense conitnues to play well only giving up 14 points.

We'll be tested by FSU. Their D is much better than BC. And much faster than GT. We will need to continue to get better to go to FSU and win. And we will need to pull out all the stops so that means playing 2 QB's. Trust in Dabo, he will get the best effort out of Clemson...win or lose.

Re: Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every

Nov 3, 2008, 8:19 AM

When Korn was first injured, Dr. Bowman said it would take at least four weeks to heal.

I guess Korn is injured but you can not overlook that even

Nov 3, 2008, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

the passed that Harper completes look like lame ducks and he can't even hit a slip screen in stride. I hope he figures it out soon. The interceptions right into coverage are a real concern. The fade was a great catch by Kelly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was almost beginning to hope for incompletions

Nov 3, 2008, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

as opposed to what he was getting for us. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Come ON People

Nov 3, 2008, 9:19 AM

Our two top QB's are not 100% for whatever reason, we lost the turnover battle, BUT this time we didn't cave and we came back and won. That in itself is so much better than what we have seen so far. Quit pickintg this team apart and pull for the tigers. Support is what they need.

Re: Oh Come ON People

Nov 3, 2008, 9:24 AM

It would really be great to have a zero penatly, zero turnover game like Penn State had against Ohio State.

Re: Oh Come ON People

Nov 3, 2008, 9:42 AM

True true

I believe he's calling him out on some poor decisions.

Nov 3, 2008, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

Cullen played pretty well otherwise. WHat the H3ll are you talking about?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Just shut up.***

Nov 3, 2008, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Geez... did you read Coach Swinney's remarks re: Harper?

Nov 3, 2008, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Does Cullen have something on our coaches because every ]

Just in case you overlooked them:

"The three interceptions were just poor decisions," Swinney said. "Just as simple as that. We made a lot more good plays than bad at quarterback, but those were three critical errors that beat us. Don’t try to win game by yourself. Do what you're coached to do. We’ve got a good defense and we had a chance to absolutely put them away and we let them back in."

What would you like Coach Swinney to say? That Cullen is mediocre? Give me a break...

I saw us do something Saturday that I haven't seen all season when we've been down - WE DID NOT GIVE UP! We fought, and YES, Cullen Harper DID NOT GIVE UP EITHER, despite throwing 3 interceptions. That takes guts and character, and Harper has both.

Yes. I was unhappy with 3 picks, but impressed he came back***

Nov 3, 2008, 11:36 AM

Re: Geez... did you read Coach Swinney's remarks re: Harper?

Nov 3, 2008, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Geez... did you read Coach Swinney's remarks re: Harper? ]

I agree. Some poor decisions on the INT's but battleing back and getting the win shows poise, confidence and character. Something this team has been missing. All-in-all a good, hard fought win.

I also agree, especially considering he's recently had

Nov 3, 2008, 1:27 PM

surgery. The three picks were costly mistakes, throws he shouldn't have made, but I think he deserves a little more credit than some are willing to give. He did help us get a touchdown when we really needed it, showing that he does have some intestinal fortitude, despite the mistakes in judgment he made re: Bowden.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic