Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler: My Agenda
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Oct 23, 2008, 12:08 PM

The latest post on Mickey Plyler's Blog sponsored by Tom Winkopp.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler: My Agenda - Here's the thing...

Oct 23, 2008, 12:21 PM

Right or wrong, good of bad, this is the situation with which we are left. Folks are frenetic right now and justifiably so. There really seems to be a strong dichotomy between the All In sect and the Deptulian minds.

Everyone has an agenda in everything they think, say, and do. It is a fact of life. But I am a fan of letting the process play out.

That is not to say I am on one side or another with regard to this issue. I have told Mickey on countless occasions that I do not agree with everything he says. While Walt loves to think he is right all of the time, he is not. The "we've been telling you this since..." thing gets old.

What Mickey and Walt do is fine for what they want to accomplish. Unfortunately, for the foreseeable future, it makes for messy times as a Clemson fan.

Re: Mickey Plyler: My Agenda

Oct 23, 2008, 12:39 PM

Mickey,

People hear what they want to hear. You just need to listen more closely to all of the experts that listen to you. I am amazed at how knowledgeable everyone has become. Walt Deptula, your resident genius, must be double-jointed to be able to pat himself on the back non-stop. You are the only one who prefaces everything you say by stating it is an opinion. If Walt was as astute as he thinks he is, he would be more than he is.

Add another wild card to interview, and I completely agree.

Oct 23, 2008, 12:41 PM

Well stated.

Oct 23, 2008, 12:46 PM

Mickey,

Unfortunately people want to believe what they want to believe. I've read all your post concerning this, and yes I can tell your pulling for Dabo to pull this off as a lot of us are.
However, your also being very realistic in your beliefs that we should also consider other canidates. Don't let a few people who read between the lines, or don't read your articles in full discourage you...
I think your doing a great job of presenting to the fans all opportunities that lie in front of us with the potential canidates for the upcoming season.
I'll be honest I'm pulling for Dabo, and hope he can be the next Clemson Assistant Coach to take us to the top. Remember not many people outside of Clemson knew Danny Ford before jumping up to Head Coach from Asst. Coach.
Now with that being said I don't know the future, as no one does! Dabo could be a big hit, medicore, or a huge flop. I want to be optimistic, and hoping for good things for the program in near future. Keep up the good work, and don't let a few ruin your enjoyment of writing these blogs.

you're......you're........not your........***

Oct 23, 2008, 1:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people missed the 3rd through 12th grades.***

Oct 23, 2008, 4:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

And some people are just...

Oct 23, 2008, 5:11 PM

@-#0les who do not realize that not everyone was born a gifted speller.

Re: And some people are just...

Oct 24, 2008, 11:51 AM

Thanks Griggles! I didn't realize we were going to have the grammer police on here. I've read post from both of these guys, and they seem more interested in talking down to people than with people.
Usually that's just a case of feeling inferior. I'm quite happy to be in my shoes.
More importanly... Go Tigers! Isn't that why we are on this board?

Oct 23, 2008, 1:14 PM

i didn't hear the caller, but i don't see how someone accusing you of having an agenda are that far off. before the Wake game you were calling for Bowden to be fired and Dabo to be the coach. there was no "let's get behind the team and the coaching staff" attitude going into the most important game of the season as far as the ACC goes. we could have won the Wake game and turned the season around. Why did you not project a more positive attitude? Let the people who had given up on the season have the doom and gloom attitude. The season up to that point was obviously not what anyone wanted, but the goal of winning the ACC was still there.

then after the Wake game, after TB got fired, then you're all behind Dabo and "let's become One Clemson". it seemed to be that you were only happy and behind the team when you had gotten what you wanted. in the bad times, when we really needed to be united and come together to defeat Wake, you projected an attitude of division.

###### Mickey! It's your fault we lost to Wake!***

Oct 23, 2008, 1:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's not what i said, but nice t***

Oct 23, 2008, 1:22 PM

Oct 23, 2008, 1:40 PM

bill cowher it gonna happen

No Mickey....Most people that read ...well really can't read

Oct 23, 2008, 1:44 PM

so well. They are most likely coot fans trying to stir things up. And we all know coots have problems with reading comprehension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

MUSCHAMP!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 23, 2008, 1:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would Rich Rod leave Michigan for Clemson?

Oct 23, 2008, 2:26 PM

I mean, really?

Re: Why would Rich Rod leave Michigan for Clemson?

Oct 23, 2008, 2:33 PM

if he loses to Toledo again...it could be to save his life...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2008, 3:18 PM

Mickey, you are correct in what you say. People sometimes hear only what they want to hear; they have their own frequency about them. I believe it will be hard to judge Dabo on just wins and losses; he has a natural spark about him and he injects himself into the players, the school, and the fans. I hope he does well as far as the wins and losses, hopefully he will be the right fit for Clemson. Only time will tell and we aren't there as of yet. KDO1

So you are saying you want Dabo right?***

Oct 23, 2008, 3:40 PM

Oct 23, 2008, 5:05 PM

Mickey,

Whether you want to admit it or not, you've been trying to sell everyone on the idea of Dabo long term since Tommy was fired. You may not come out and say it, because that would be too controversial. You're more subtle. The mainstream media doesn't report "Vote for Obama!", but we all know that's what they want. I listen to your radio show when I get a chance and it's O.K. that you think Dabo is ready to be head coach.

You may be right. Dabo may make a great coach and every coach is a risk. However, Dabo is more of a risk than someone that is proven as a head coach or a coordinator. Clemson is a top 25 program and needs a top 25 candidate to come in and lead us!

Go TIGERS!!!!

do presidential politics REALLY have to be part of...

Oct 23, 2008, 5:17 PM

...your comparison?!? yea, its a hot topic, but seriously, this is a Clemson sports thread, not a political campaign.

lay off the politics here, please

Re: do presidential politics REALLY have to be part of...

Oct 23, 2008, 5:42 PM

You obviously missed the point. I was illustrating how the media can push an agenda without directly saying what they want.

Re: do presidential politics REALLY have to be part of...

Oct 23, 2008, 10:44 PM

yea, you're right. sorry. i just get sick of hearing the names "obama" and "mccain" and i went off.

again, i understand the need to make a comparison in your previous statement, but it seems that the only safe haven from any political reference is when i shut my eyes and ears. guess that means it's bedtime

I agree....totally!!***

Oct 23, 2008, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: My Agenda ]

heres something I don't undertsand.

Oct 23, 2008, 5:28 PM

Some folks don't want a coach with out head
coaching exp,but yet they want you all in with
Dabo who previously hasn't even been a Coor.

What are we? Stupid? This is Blues Clues for Clemson fans!!***

Oct 23, 2008, 6:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 24, 2008, 8:47 AM

Not saying they should make Dabo the full time coach, but if they don't we should all be prepared to kick ourselves down the road. He is gonna be a really good head coach somewhere and I hope that it isn't in the ACC

Oct 24, 2008, 9:12 PM

Mickey,

I am really pulling for the Tigers and Dabo to win the last 5 games. I admire his energy and his rah-rah attitude. There is one thing that I have observed about him and it is a little troubling. He reminds me of a "Youth Group Leader". There is nothing wrong with that because most of the players are 18-22 years old. I just think it is going to take much more than that to get the Tigers winning again. I hope they can pull it off and Dabo gets the job. Go Tigers! Slanker

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic