Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Slippery Slope Of Clemson Fandom
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 106
| visibility 1

Sep 19, 2008, 10:37 AM

New correspondent Thomas Williams takes a look at the state of the Tiger Nation. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booooooo***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:41 AM

Can you please find something to be happy about?***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm happy aboug stirring up your angst. Don't worry about it***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:45 AM

You apparently worry about too much.***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Would you or another sunshine pumper give me a list

Sep 19, 2008, 10:49 AM

of what it's OK to think and say please?

I'm running low on toilet paper.

Ditto***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't doubt it considering all the crap that comes outta U***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Would you or another sunshine pumper give me a list ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

wowser, that really stings.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:27 AM

buy softer toilet paper.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

softer does seem to be the trend.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:31 AM

I've lost my ### in the stock market this week!***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Can you please find something to be happy about?*** ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Only if you paniced and sold.***

Sep 19, 2008, 1:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Slippery Slope Of Clemson Fandom

Sep 19, 2008, 10:44 AM

Well said. I honestly haven't been able to find much joy in the past 2 weeks because week one still stings bad. However, like the team has to do, FANS must move on as well. The Bama game is history now, and we need to support the team, regardless of our feelings on the coaching staff. Go Tigers...beat the snot out of SC State and show the ACC you mean business!!!

Yeah! That'll do it!!

Sep 19, 2008, 11:06 AM

Beat up on SC State and everyone else better look out!

Give me break.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Yeah! That'll do it!!

Sep 19, 2008, 11:27 AM

You and Das Tiger are not Tiger fans. You sound like #### fans. The article is right: Dry up, quit crying like babies and start supporting the team. Supporting the team doesn't mean you have to be happy with Tammy Bowden (oops, I mean Tommy). You're all fair-weather Johnsons, and I'm sick of hearing your whining. Grow up, grow a pair, and get over Bama!

^^^^^Coot troll^^^^^^***

Sep 19, 2008, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll get over it when we beat somebody. Don't question my

Sep 19, 2008, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah! That'll do it!! ]

fanhood! I do support the team and the coaches. However, I'm not going to stand up and yell how wonderful they are when a they get plowed up and down the field. I do hope you pumper realize how much you look like South Carolina University when you put as much resources behind our program and get meager results. I have been a Tommy backer from the get go and hope he gets us to a championship this year. I commend the University for sticking with him for 10 years and giving him the time and resources to build a program. BUT, Guess what? It's time to see something! Whose fault is it that we have a young offensive and defensive line when you knew you were going to have the two premier backs in the league? When you know you have injuries every year! When you have people graduating. Maybe you don't recruit a 4th and 5th string RB and get some more Linemen two years ago. If you want Intensity then be intense Tommy! Don't chew your nails and walk up and down the sideline looking at the ground. GET in somebodies face and tell them if they don't put someone on their A$$ next time they'll be sitting on the bench!

OK I'm done. Peace out and have a good weekend. GO Tigers and if our defense lets SC State score a point on them they don't have a hair on their A$$!

huh?

Sep 19, 2008, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah! That'll do it!! ]

You can’t support the team but so freaking much. If the team does not give a crap, then what?

Excellent article!!!***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what do I do with these new snow skiis?***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:48 AM

Ain't college football fun? I love this time of year.***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:49 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I stopped reading at "Bostic overstepped his bounds"***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:52 AM

Most of you.

A friend told me that Bostic worked the Clemson camp this

Sep 19, 2008, 10:55 AM

year. Surely that would have been a good time to talk to the coaches.

Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry

Sep 19, 2008, 11:33 AM

if he's a has-been, but has-beens have no business speaking to the media about our offensive line, which needs motivation, but not from a washed up old football player in such a public way.

^^^ prolly would not call JB washed up old tiger to his face***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:37 AM

Bet I would. But I sure wouldn't use the non-word "prolly".

Sep 19, 2008, 11:40 AM

What are you, five!?

What are you? An English major???***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I just hate morons.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:45 AM

Not very enlightened for an English major???***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:50 AM

It's morans, moran***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:52 AM [ in reply to No. I just hate morons.*** ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: No. I just hate morons.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:55 AM [ in reply to No. I just hate morons.*** ]

How do you go through life hating yourself?

Good one. Brilliant comeback. I salute you.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:57 AM

Here's another non - word for you: "newb"

Sep 19, 2008, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Bet I would. But I sure wouldn't use the non-word "prolly". ]

And if you are going to make an issue of being grammatically correct, I would recommend using complete sentences instead of fragements in which the subject must be inferred to be the same as the direct object.

Ha! You don't know what a fragment is! Perhaps you speak

Sep 19, 2008, 11:49 AM

German more proficiently.

Speaking of bets, what's the over/under on the number of

Sep 19, 2008, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Bet I would. But I sure wouldn't use the non-word "prolly". ]

seconds it takes him to knock you out after you call him a has-been?

Re: Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry

Sep 19, 2008, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry ]

congrats you win stupid post of the week. look for your post on "dumb #### on tigernet" on block-c.com.
so bostic should have shied away from answering the question by claiming "sorry guys i am washed up so i do not have any opinion".
so since you aparaently determine whos a fan and whos allowed to comment on the team, should i wear boxers or briefs or go commando today.
sunshine pumpers and haters all support the team because we are all obsessed enuff to post daily on here.
you do not determine who can comment on the team because they dont share your opinion.

No. He should've kept his mouth shut. Such comments should

Sep 19, 2008, 11:45 AM

remain private in a college sports atmosphere. Those linemen aren't professionals, they're amateurs. You apparantly haven't been able to discern this difference.

Re: No. He should've kept his mouth shut. Such comments should

Sep 19, 2008, 11:48 AM

maybe if you had used this as an arguement i would maybe agree but you called him washed up and claimed this as a reason not to say anything about the team. apparently you fail at logic. btw i used "enuff" instead of "enough" so pls feel free to use this as a retort.

Sep 19, 2008, 11:51 AM

No. Improve your reading skills. I said the reasons he shouldn't speak out are: he's not on the team, he's not a coach of the team, and he's not a spokesman. Therefore, he should keep those kinds of statements private.

Sep 19, 2008, 11:57 AM

he didnt call a press conference to announce to the world what softies clemson posseses. he was asked a question and answered. again what should should he have done? why dont we save each other time and you just call me a coot like you do everyone else?

Sep 19, 2008, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: No. He should've kept his mouth shut. Such comments should ]

Are you on the team? Are you a coach? Are you a spokesman? Because if you aren't maybe you should keep your opinions private.

Sep 19, 2008, 8:33 PM [ in reply to No. He should've kept his mouth shut. Such comments should ]

I commend Joe Bostic on having the guts to point out what we all think. This team is a bunch of wussies and it all points to the coaching. He played for Danny Ford and we all know that he wouldn't put up with the slothfullness we are all witnessing.

Sep 19, 2008, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry ]

A lot of successful coaches are "washed up, old, has been football players". I guess since they are old and can't play the game anymore, they have no idea about what to do with a football team.

Sep 20, 2008, 8:31 AM

Jeff and Joe Bostic will always be rmembered at Clemson as very good offensive linemaen.Joe was also a great lineman wwith the Redskins.What he said about this years line was dead on the money.If Tommy can call Nick Saban for advice,how come he cannot call ex Clemson greats to ask for help?

I dunno, if I'm a former all pro NFL o-lineman and

Sep 19, 2008, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry ]

Clemson alum...I'd speak my mind, too, if a reporter called me up and asked my opinion.

Too many folks with their panties in a wad if you ask me.

Here's Joe Bostic's bio on Clemson website:

Sep 19, 2008, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry ]

Offensive Guard * 1977-78
Two-time first-team All-American...four-year starter on the Tiger offensive line (1975-78)...named the top blocker in the ACC in 1977 and the Jacobs Blocking Trophy winner for the state of South Carolina in 1977,78...started in the 1979 Hula Bowl...played in the East-West Shrine Bowl...third-round draft pick of the Cardinals (1979), he played for 10 years (1979-88)...1979 NFL All-Rookie Team pick...named to Clemson’s Centennial team in 1996...inducted into the Clemson Hall of Fame in 1996...ranked as Clemson’s #11 gridder of all-time by a panel of historians in 1999...named to the ACC 50-Year Anniversary team in 2002.

Wish we had more has-beens like this. Based on all he's done for this university as a player, and now as a donor that owns a box in Death Valley, I think he's earned the right to say what he wants. Not to mention, there's also that freedom of speech thing we have in this country.

Sep 19, 2008, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Bostic has no business with the team anymore. Sorry ]

Why?...afraid the truth might hurt their little feelings?

Sep 20, 2008, 8:33 AM

Agreed!

Re: I stopped reading at "Bostic overstepped his bounds"***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I stopped reading at "Bostic overstepped his bounds"*** ]

Then you're ignorant and possibly not a fan of Tiger football. Sure sounds like it.

LOL, who the he!! are you make that call?***

Most of you.

can someone summarize for me?

Sep 19, 2008, 10:52 AM

I got bored and quit reading after "What a bizarre start"

Basically...Hurray Tommy Bowden, BOO Willy Korn.***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:56 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Struck a nerve huh?***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:01 AM

Did you read the same article that is posted at the top?***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Basically...Hurray Tommy Bowden, BOO Willy Korn.*** ]

GO TIGERS!!

My statement is an exaggeration.....kinda like the article.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:50 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that's not at all accurate. Your reading comprehension

Sep 19, 2008, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Basically...Hurray Tommy Bowden, BOO Willy Korn.*** ]

skills are suspect, as is your summarization.

I knew you were an English major!!!!!***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:44 AM

It was one loss, don't criticize, get your Enzyte grin on

Sep 19, 2008, 10:57 AM [ in reply to can someone summarize for me? ]

becaaaauuuussseee...

the sun will come out, tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, they'll be sun

Tommorrow! Tomorrow!

you're not a true tiger fan if you dont beleive TB is god***

Sep 20, 2008, 6:53 PM [ in reply to can someone summarize for me? ]

Where do you guys find these people?***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:56 AM

Good article, only one part I really disagree with.....

Sep 19, 2008, 11:01 AM

and that is in regard to Cullen Harper. "Danged if you", specifically. I think that label is inaccurate. Seems like the article is trying to place blame with TB for Cullen fumbling on his scramble, as it insinuates he only ran because before that he ran OOB before the sticks.

Makes no sense to me, that play is all on Harper. He should have lowered his shoulder and gotten the 1st down on that play. He should have held onto the darn ball when he scrambled. If he feels its unfair for the staff to ask that of him, then he should protect his shoulder...and head to the bench.

Thus, I disagree with the "danged if you do/don't part of the article.

Agreed !!!!***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Good article, only one part I really disagree with.....

Sep 19, 2008, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Good article, only one part I really disagree with..... ]

I agree, but you can't put it all on Harper. There is an offensive line that only needs to give Spiller and Davis 1/10th of a second to break open and they are gone. Two of the fastest guys in the nation and we can't do anything with them???? Unbelievable. Some of the best wide receivers in the country and we can't do anything with them. I say fire Brad Scott and Rob Spence, that would make me sleep well at night! NO MORE SCREEN PASSES!!!!

I'm not putting anything on Harper.....

Sep 19, 2008, 11:39 AM

I know, there is enough blame to go around, it's not just one player. While I do think Cullen (and a # of other players) needs to step up his play, I wasn't singling him out.

My point was simply that Harper has no one to blame but himself for the fumble. The writer of the article tried to place blame on someone else, which is ridiculous.

He should have held onto the ball but wasn't getting the 1st

Sep 19, 2008, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Good article, only one part I really disagree with..... ]

No real excuse for fumbling the ball ever, sometimes its more understandable than others so you let it slide..but not an excuse. However, even if he did lower his shoulder, the chances of him getting that first are maybe about 15%...and much of that chance is based on him being the victim of a personal foul penalty. The simple physics of it aren't there...he would have had to drive back a DB and LB two yards and not give any lateral movement from a direct hit to the right to keep from stepping out of bounds. I'd have liked to see him try for it, but he wasn't getting that first down.

You've never seen inertial yds after the hit? Watch football***

Sep 19, 2008, 6:27 PM

You just don't get it

Sep 19, 2008, 11:03 AM

Being a realist and seeing that your team isn't as good as you think it could be doesn't mean that you are "jumping off a ship" or giving up on your team. I don't think Joe Bostic or any of us are any less a fan because we recognize that the talent is there, but not performing to it's potential. If I didn't think we had the potential I wouldn't really care. But I think this team can do great things. However, I'm not going to sit here and say everythings fine because we beat up on The Citadel and NCSU. Alabama was the last real foe we faced and we got blasted. When we beat Wake Forest, Florida State and others I will be convinced we have turned the corner. Based on the play against inferior foes I haven't seen that we will do that. I think our coaches would agree. My point is just because I'm not a "Sunshine Pumper" doesn't mean I don't want this team to do well or am any less of a fan. I'm still on the ship, I just want it righted.

NO. YOU don't get it. No one said everything's fine. But

Sep 19, 2008, 11:38 AM

you're a perfect example of the man's main point that the fanbase is definitely not fine. You can criticize Tammy Bowden, and she should be criticized, but don't boo our team and call yourself a fan. That's just a bunch of whining bs! Grow up and realize that loss is a part of adulthood.

Ah ha--an English major with a minor in Psych-I'm awed!!***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:46 AM

And I would suggest you're no fan of CU. Regardless of your

Sep 19, 2008, 11:52 AM [ in reply to NO. YOU don't get it. No one said everything's fine. But ]

thoughts on CTB as a coach, the man does not warrant the personal attack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I shouldn't have said he wasn't a fan. Apologies.

Sep 19, 2008, 12:01 PM

Agreed.

If you want to accept loss, why play the game?

Sep 19, 2008, 2:51 PM [ in reply to NO. YOU don't get it. No one said everything's fine. But ]

Sure you're gonna lose from time to time, but it better be to a better team or by a series of bad breaks. To accept loss is to not be competitive. (See Duke football) I would even be OK with the loss to Alabama (being that they're a good squad) if we had played them harder and like we knew what we were doing. It doesn't make you a better fan than me because you're ok with being mediocre with great talent and I'm not.

Did Harper really get booed Saturday?***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:09 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

No.***

Sep 19, 2008, 12:17 PM

Yes, he was. When he ran out of bounds, not on the fumble***

Sep 19, 2008, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Did Harper really get booed Saturday?*** ]

Dead on.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:13 AM

GO TIGERS!!

Congrats to you for never jumping off ship! You must

Sep 19, 2008, 11:17 AM

be real proud of yourself.

You sound proud, too--of your witless sarcasm.***

Sep 19, 2008, 11:39 AM

Hmmm-perhaps a coot!!

goldenleavestiger
Last Login: Sep 19, 2008 10:21

Or maybe he's a Clemson fan who wants to win??***

Sep 19, 2008, 2:52 PM

Sep 19, 2008, 11:28 AM

Boos? I think you must been in Columbia last Saturday. Cullen Harper is a Senior and leader on this team. You and Bowden need to leave this Tom and Jerry game about of the press.

Sep 19, 2008, 11:35 AM

enthusiasm in the fan base but if you will note, the stadium has been reasonably full for a 2nd tier game and a mediocre NC State team. I don't think fans have too many problems with the players if any--they're out there doing their best. However, after 10 years with this coaching staff, they (tyhe staff)need to prove something. So far, they have proved they can rarely win the big game, can't win an ACC championship, and can't keep pace with a cash strapped-facility lacking-30K fan base Wake Forest program. Yes, we have been stomped on by this staff time and time again and they show no signs of doing anything better this year than last.

We loyal Clemson fans continue to show up game after game, as I have personally done since I was 6 yeard old. We sit in our seats and bake in the hot sun because of these assanine kickoff times of 12 and 1 PM. We are supposed to get excited over the Citadel and NC State??? When the team hits the field, they're supposed to be ready to play. Last time I looked that was what coaches are supposed to do. The OL has been unjustly targeted--they are a young group. Who is it who has not recruited O Linemen so that we find ourselves in the same place we were after year five? Who is it that constantly makes excuses and dogs out players in the media? Who is it that puts out an offensive scheme that makes opposing teams lick their chops--especially and most notably Nick Saban?? Who, as of yet can't even find a way to beat VT or BC? Who is it that has turned out mediocre seasons at best year after year? You can quote wins and losses but we have beaten who we should have, lost to who we should have, and lost a fair number we should not have?

Contrary to what you might believe, I am not a TB hater. I would LOVE for him to succeed and I have prayed that he will but I cannot disregard my emotions of anger, dissapointment and frustration as they are 100% justified. Fans aren't jumping ship. If anything, they have labored to keep the thing afloat with their attendance, support, and money. When level headed fans discuss, critique and show their frustration at this program, we are bashed as a bunch of "I don't understand why they are unhappy?" "I don't listen to fans" and "Jad Dean's get off time is to slow(that's how FSU blocked ALL our kicks one year)" and basically Cullen is a wuss for not lowering his shoulder and getting it reinjured. What a load of CRAP!

If you want to get the fan base back with enthusiasm--SHOW THEM SOMETHING__ANYTHING!!! People yell for Willy Korn, not because they don't think Cullen is good or don't like him but because they hope trying Willy might bring a change or some excitement--of course as you said-he can't live up to these expectations. How can he?? I've heard more than once some sarcastic comment about Willy Korn is viewed as some "Lord and Saviour". If that's what you think then you need more time to get in touch with us who are the true orange blooded fans who have been going to games and supporting Clemson for over 40 years. I'll put it this way..If you need a camp fire and the first match blows out when you try lighting it, you grab another one from the box. You don't get pissed off at the match-you just grab another one. That's pretty much the only thing we fans have to hold on to now-looking for another match, in this case WIlly Korn.

The ship is in a storm. The players are rowing it and bailing it out with all their heart and soul...but the parents and onlookers get angry on the shore watching when the officers and the Captain steer them into the rocks. I'm sure the parents and onlookers don't appreciate the captain saying this rower(Cullen or the OL or Aaron Kelly or Buckholtz or the DL, the LB's) over here is the one responsible. They are saddened but they don't blame the storm(The game and opponent). The Captain should have seen the storm on the horizon and devised a strategy to deal with it.(ala coaching, training and game plans that work). So tell me, PLEASE--tell me why the ship is heading for the rocks?????

Message was edited by: Watcher®

"Harper, shaken up on the play, is booed again."

Sep 19, 2008, 12:01 PM

Uhhh, I know for me I was booing that they ruled it a fumble. I sincerely doubt anyone was booinbg Harper for going all out on the play. wow.

Nobody booed Harper. That's BS. Proof how out of touch

Sep 19, 2008, 3:12 PM

the sunshine pumpers are with the game of football.

Harper was booed when he ran out of bounds

Sep 19, 2008, 3:50 PM

If you didn't hear it, you weren't paying attention

Re: Harper was booed when he ran out of bounds

Sep 22, 2008, 7:06 PM

I was in the E section and no one booed Harper.Thats just silly.

No one in my section (D) booed Harper...poor writing.***

Sep 19, 2008, 12:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sitting in the WEZ... I heard absolutely NO BOO's...

Sep 19, 2008, 12:28 PM

where did these Boo's "rain down" from? From the person you were sitting beside? There were no Boo's when he ran out of bounds and no boo's when he fumbled to be heard from the WEZ. Look. I have told you reporters a MILLION times not to exagerate.

Now can we get a editorial from the other side of the fence***

Sep 19, 2008, 1:24 PM

WINNING the ACC will cure the funk

Sep 19, 2008, 1:29 PM

right now the funk smells like a bad case of the tommy

No body booed Harper from the East end of the North

Sep 19, 2008, 1:37 PM

stands. There was a definite collective sigh followed by a few "Oh Cullen man you don't do that" "I can't believe he did that" and a "So much for being tough" remark but I heard no boos be showered down but there was a definite disgust but after a moment a lot of people realized he should not have gone diving and busted up his shoulder,

I am in agreement with most of what you said and

Sep 19, 2008, 3:32 PM

will continue to support and standby my tigers in good times and bad just as I have for the past 50+ years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D Beach

I think you may be painting our fanbase with

Sep 19, 2008, 4:13 PM

too broad of a brush.

I think most of us are more rational about our program - We're highly disappointed about the embarrassment in Atlanta. We're sick of losing in the Dome to an SEC opponent. We're tired of seeing our team lose (especially when they do not look prepared) to good opponents when we know our team has an excellent chance to win or in the very least compete. We're aggravated with the fact that we have not won our conference's championship since 1991. We're excited about the great, talented recruiting classes that we've gotten recently. We're pumped about our veteran talent. We're hopeful about the future. We're happy that we've won the past 2 games, but please, don't expect everyone to be doing cartwheels b/c we beat up the Citadel and a re-building NC State team.

I don't see our fans jumping ship. Instead, I've seen good turnouts for the last 2 games in extreme heat against inferior opponents, and I think we'll see it again this Saturday. We're just ready to see our team play how we know they are capable, and most of us are ready to see that happen against a quality opponent.

Apprehensive might be a better way to describe our fanbase.

Don't mean to speak for all Tiger fans - just my humble opinion.

Well said.***

Sep 19, 2008, 6:41 PM

Re: I think you may be painting our fanbase with

Sep 22, 2008, 7:29 PM [ in reply to I think you may be painting our fanbase with ]

100% accurate and the best response on this board.

Adding to it, no one is jumping ship. Losing close games would be a lot less disapointing if we would use the right players, call the right plays, and actually motivate and take players out of the game who are not giving it their all. "if you arn't going to give 110% for the entire game keep your filthy hands off my rock!!" A lot of these "our time will come lay off TB" people need to realize this will be a decade and enough time for him to have graduated his first recruiting class about 5 years ago. Also keep in mind that one the best years during TB's existance at clemson came when woody D. was here and there were very few TB recruits. Woody took us to 9-3 not bowden an co.... Play calling was terrible then too but woody could make something out of nothing.

Do you honestly see progress?

Something "fans" have been needing to hear....

Sep 19, 2008, 4:49 PM

I agree 110% with the article......a true Tiger stands by the team thru thick and thin.....if we rattle off win after win....I'm sure the "real" fans will show back up and hop on!
Go Tigers!!
Beat sc state!!

Sep 19, 2008, 5:09 PM

I agree with almost everything that the well written article said. No I don’t think that Harper is to blame. Ask BC,VT,GT,FSU,Miami, they would take him in a heartbeat. The dude is tired of being harassed in the packet, don’t blame him. I wish the best for our team, and don’t blame our fellows that practice hard everyday; however I do blame the coaching staff. The only coach that I see that has made an impact is the special teams coach. You can't say that enough time hasn't been allowed (10 years), you can't say you don't have the athletes, and you can't say you don’t have the facilities, what is the excuse now? I personally like all the coaches, however in any other job liking someone that doesn't produce, well you have to let them go. But that brings up another question. Who would fill the spot? Who would want to come based on the salary that we present, and who ever would come would be like Korn, doomed from the start because we all remember Danny (Ford).

How about Jim Grobe as one example among MANY?

Sep 19, 2008, 6:54 PM

There are plenty of top-tier head coach candidates that would love to coach at a beautiful, warm-weather, lakeside, football school like Clemson with great facilities and a strong fanbase. After NINE+ years of Bowden, does anybody honestly believe that Clemson could NOT hire a better coach? Wake hired Grobe. UNC hired Butch Davis. NCSU stole O'Brien. SoCar hired Spurrier. The Clemson job is better than any of those schools.

You think Saban was afraid to coach Bama or Carroll was afraid to coach USC because the fan expectations were too high? C'mon!

Fair & balanced. We decide. You retort. Who owns TigerNet?

Sep 19, 2008, 7:12 PM

Why is it that sports writers all over the country provide both positive and negative analyses and opinions on Tommy Bowden, but TigerNet only provides positive ones? Who owns TigerNet? Clemson University?

Sep 19, 2008, 8:13 PM

You stated...."I think Bostic over-stepped his bounds much like the crazed, nameless Internet junkies have done."
You may have over-stepped your bounds (or boundaries) questioning someone of Mr. Bostic's insight, reputation and support....but that's just MY opinion

Sep 20, 2008, 8:25 AM

Lets take a look at why this slippery slope has happened this year.Given what personnel we had coming back,should not the fans have expected more than we have seen thus far.JD and AAron Kelly turned down going to the NFl early.Most of our defense retunrd intact.We did need to rebuild the offensive line but that had been the case many times at Clemson under Bowden.The linbacker corp was also young.Even with the youth,there was reason for optimism.We had seven monthd,a spring practice.and a fall practice to get ready to be mentally and phsically tough.In yhe first game agaist Alabama,we were not ready either physically or mentally to play.Can you blame the fans for being upset?If we had lost close,the memory would have gone away quickly.The reason the memory of this game has lingered on is because of the way we were dominated physically by Alabama.It did not that we gave up in the game as well.In the games aginst the Citadel and NC State ,we still could not get physical at the line of scrimmage.Hence,the grumling continues to this day.Joe Bostic was a great offensive at Clemson during his day and knows it what it takes to play the position.His comments were fair and he was right on target.Keep in mind also that our definsive side has not been tackling and been getting pushed around.Can you blame the fans for not being satisfied for the state of the Clemson program in year 10 of Tommy Bowden?How many Conference champions ships has Tommy won?0!How many has Jim Grobe with less talented players?You get the point?We all know The ACC in football this season ispathetic.If Clemson cannot win it this year,can we ever when FSU and Miami are back on their feet?Look at the history under Bowden.We play well aginst a speed team but play poorly agaist a physical team.Given that fact,lets look at our upcoming schedule.Todays game agaist SC State dhould be anothe good practice game to get people ready.Maryland wil come in and smash us in the mouth and attack our weak defensive middle.THey average 320 punds per man on the offensive line.Wake Forest and Boston College are likewise very phsical in nature.In a team like Ga Tech,we will have to play assignment football and defend the triple option.Our bitter rival USC is also a physical team.Starting today,we better pick our play to another level.Cullen may have to dip a sore shoulder to get a first down in a critical game.Our finesse style has to change to a nasty physical style.I have optimism that we can win the ACC and that we have the talent to do it.We need to be optmistic about the future.Tommy has the new facilities he asked as well as the better players.Should he fail to take us to Tampa this season,it just might be that he cannot takes us any furthur.At that point,its time to make a changein the head coaching position at Clemson.However changes have to be made higher.The current administration led by Barker and TDP are more inclined to care about the academic state of the university and not the athletic state of the university.I fear that they would make a bad hire based on the wrong criteria.To be blunt ,we need to clean house from the top down.Lets hope today marks the beginning of a big turnaround and we are in Tampa next December celebrating our first ACC championship and BCS berth.

You make some great points, but you miss

Sep 20, 2008, 10:37 AM

the mark in your last four lines. You say "clean house" all the way to the administration? I wish I knew exactly what TDP said to Barker regarding the "issues" he and most of us have w/ CTB. How many times does it take to see the writing is on the wall with CTB? I can't even listen to CTB any more as I am so fed up with his constant parade of excuses that if I hear it anymore I'll need to be medicated. But I digress. I've heard it said that TDP may have wanted to let CTB go and Barker nixed it b/c CTB fits the model for Barker's vision. CTB runs a clean program, recruits well, graduates players, etc.- all the typical sunshine pumper mantra most of us know is an important part, but only a PART, of the total program. The thing is, most of us are tired of hearing that as an excuse for keeping CTB and accepting what gnaws at the Clemson nation when we see a performance like the Alabama game.

Maybe Barker doesn't feel the need to rock the boat by getting a new head coach-the team wins 7 to 9 games a year and goes to bowl games and most importantly to Barker ( and maybe TDP?!?)CTB's ineptness hasn't hurt the influx of money to CU. However, I just can't take it to the next level and agree with you that Barker and TDP need to be a part of "cleaning house". Barker has done a great job of leading CU to his goal of making CU a top 20 public university, and that is a benefit to us all who have attended or have children attending CU. Personally, I think it would be a great stepping stone to this goal if CTB was let go and we put the same effort and resources into finding a head football coach that can win conference championships and compete for national championships. The excitement created by the buzz a national championship-competitive football team generates will do more for achieving top 20 public university status than any of the sunshine pumpers want to acknowledge. Here's the summary, should Barker go? - Hell no, he's doing what a University president should do; should TDP go?- Maybe, I just don't know enough to make that call. Other than that, I think your post is pretty much right on.

Re: You make some great points, but you miss

Sep 20, 2008, 11:35 AM

If President Barker will come to his senses and realize that academics and athletics can coexist,i agree with you.We can have a top 20 academic university as well as field championship athletice programs.That same support for academics should be equal to athletics as well.I mean all the sports at Clemson not just football.Lets hope the BOTS and Dr. Barker share those viewpoints.At this time ,they dont.

Re: You make some great points, but you miss***

Sep 20, 2008, 11:36 AM [ in reply to You make some great points, but you miss ]

This is something that is not just from this year. It goes

Sep 20, 2008, 3:33 PM

back awhile. Getting rolled by Texas Tech, embarassed by GA, shoved around by KY, outcoached by Auburn, barely beating a SC team in a freefall last year...

This is a long term trend, not just a FUNK from this year.

Go ahead and laugh it up and giggle yourself silly over the win today against SC State. I have a feeling that you will begin to once again see the dose of cold hard reality once we hit the Wake, GT, BC, FSU stretch.

Sep 20, 2008, 10:49 PM

Thank God you are not a Coot fan! You'd be ready to jump off a bridge by now.

Replies: 106
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic