Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Citadel vs Tigers: Postgame Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Sep 8, 2008, 11:52 PM

After coming off an embarrassing loss to start the season, Clemson did exactly what it needed before opening conference play this week against N.C. State.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hire Roy Martin as Head Coach

Sep 9, 2008, 4:15 AM

Roy Martin gives me hope for this season, I can't lie. He also made me realize that we don't need linthcomes. Who is Roy Martin? This guy sounds like he knows what hes talking about.

I hope my meter is reading correctly.***

Sep 9, 2008, 4:18 AM

Drunk on Monday night? Ease up my friend.***

Sep 9, 2008, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Hire Roy Martin as Head Coach ]

Re: The Citadel vs Tigers: Postgame Analysis

Sep 9, 2008, 4:16 AM

Good grief, Roy. You say that the 2 point stance isn't the problem because no weight is put on the hands?!? Duh??!? The point of putting the hand down is to GET LOWER, not shift weight. If you have a hand down you are automatically going to be lower in most cases than if you don't. Isn't that what everyone, including you, says they need to do?

Also, why no comment on Cullen Harper's performance?? He still looks hurt to me. If Korn is allowed into games again and continues to look as much better than Harper as he did Saturday, then I believe we may see what everybody thought we would see last year in terms of the quick QB change.

Excellent job. Comment on CH's weak performance to date?*****

Sep 9, 2008, 9:35 AM

Re: Excellent job. Comment on CH's weak performance to date?*****

Sep 9, 2008, 11:56 AM

Just read on rivals that brian linthicum one of our best tight end recruits is transfering schools due to lack of playing time..... I wont be surprised if this dosn't happen more with our talented recruits if tommy keeps playing these guys because of seniority rather than talent. I wish him well.

Do not agree with your 2pt stance reasoning..

Sep 9, 2008, 9:52 AM

Even if you put no weight on your hand , it forces your shoulders lower in the start position...much as some baseball infielders will consciously put their glove to the ground when fielding a ground ball--it gives you a point of reference.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree.

Sep 9, 2008, 11:46 AM

If you get in a two point stance with your weight evenly distributed between both legs and your elbows on your knees, dropping your hands to the ground doesn't lower your shoulders if you're in a proper stance with your hips lowered. It may drop the shoulder of the hand you put down ever so slightly but not enough to be recognizable.

Many of the first steps linemen take in a zone scheme are lateral steps. It's much easier to take that step out of a stance in which your weight is evenly distributed.

A true 3-point stance means the weight is rolled up on the balls of the feet and there is pressure on the down hand. If someone came along and kicked that hand from underneath you, there's a good chance you would fall forward. It's a little harder to pass block and move laterally out of that type of stance.

Again, the problem isn't the stance. They guys just need to learn to play with a little more knee bend and get they're hips a little lower in their stance. That's sometimes easier said than done for someone that 300+ lbs. It will come with time.

Re: I disagree.

Sep 9, 2008, 4:47 PM

"A true 3-point stance means the weight is rolled up on the balls of the feet and there is pressure on the down hand. If someone came along and kicked that hand from underneath you, there's a good chance you would fall forward."

excellent point.

unfortunately we could not move, fall, trip, dream or rush forward for a single net yard against Bama. I get that the 2 point stance potentially disguises the play call but isn't the point of the game to move forward into the endzone more frequently than your opponent in the time alotted?

If our players are uncomfortable with the 2 pt stance or otherwise do not have the ability to employ it effectively against top flight competition, wouldn't it be to our advantage to put our hands down and get in the fight? In the end we still might lose, but at least we'd give ourselves a chance.

I'm all for a 2 pt stance if our players understand it technically and it gives us an advantage, but sometimes, no matter how great your plans are, coaches must accept the actual ability of the players- and make the most with what they have instead of insisting on a technique that the players have not mastered well enough in the last few years to win the battle up front against quality opponents.

Good to see kick coverage improvements

Sep 9, 2008, 10:51 PM

At the rate we're improving, I can see us safely covering kickoffs by late 2014

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic