Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cumbie Suffers Broken Wrist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Sep 4, 2008, 6:36 PM

Clemson defensive tackle Jamie Cumbie will have surgery to repair a broken left wrist on Monday and will likely miss the rest of the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I'm just skeptical....

Sep 4, 2008, 6:43 PM

But does anyone else think this could be fallout from the altercation he had with coaches last weekend? I just find it hard to believe that a broken hand can keep a lineman out for the season. Put a giant club bandage on it and play. Maybe it's just me...

medical rs?***

Sep 4, 2008, 6:58 PM

Don't kow, he already has a cast on his right hand***

Sep 4, 2008, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm just skeptical.... ]

Cumbie - one tough guy

Sep 5, 2008, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm just skeptical.... ]

This guy is incredibly tough and has already played multiple weeks with a broken hand. I wouldn't question the need to be out, if he is out. Being tough enough is NOT the problem here.

Another excuse at the end of the season for Bowden.***

Sep 4, 2008, 7:20 PM

We might as well forfeit the season

Sep 4, 2008, 7:20 PM

This just keeps getting worse and worse and its not stopping at all.

Are you serious?!?!?***

Sep 5, 2008, 3:27 AM

Re: We might as well forfeit the season

Sep 5, 2008, 8:33 AM [ in reply to We might as well forfeit the season ]

go away

Get well soon. ******

Sep 4, 2008, 7:43 PM

Re: Cumbie Suffers Broken Wrist

Sep 4, 2008, 9:21 PM

Should have stayed on the bus.

I'm not gonna lie

Sep 5, 2008, 2:20 AM

...he was talking about this in class on Monday, and he (as well as someone else), didn't think too highly of the medical staff (who apparently told him it was a sprain, and he had to convince them it was more serious).

Still, not a good thing (as if that wasn't obvious).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2008, 8:30 AM

Such a promising season, is quickly turning into a mess. Even if we "could" win the ACC this year everyone would say that it was because the ACC was so weak, and we were just the strongest of the weak teams. Linemen on both sides of the ball dropping like fly’s, it doesn’t matter how good our skill players are, the don’t have a chance. I know it's not the coach’s fault about the injuries, but they will use this as just another excuse, enough is enough, I pay to much money every year to see us never produce any results? and by the way other than the win over Tennessee in 03, has anyone else noticed how unprepared we are when we face someone outside of Death Valley or an opposing ACC away game (Alabama, texasa&M, Texas tech, Auburn,)!!

Sep 5, 2008, 9:58 AM

Injuries happen, it just forces us to use some of the talented recruits that we have instead...could be a blessing in disguise. Cumbie is playing out of position anyway and that was obvious last week, he got manhandled by the Bama o-line. I understand wanting to put the best talent on the field but your D-tackles need to be pushing 300lbs and he isn't there. Thompson is and getting game experience over the next 4 weeks will be good.
Every coach has their set of excuses, who cares. If these players are as good as we have heard in all of the recruiting rankings, they will step in and play well. Also, when the tough part of the schedule comes around some of our current injured players will be back.
As far as the money you spend, if you don't like this product...go buy something else. None of us want to hear that crap anyway.

Sep 5, 2008, 10:02 AM

I agree. Excellent post. Some of these people need to get a life. This is a game!
You want real issues, watch your son battle stage 4 cancer. Thank God he is ok now due to a lot of prayer and excellent doctors.
Trust me, that puts football into perspective.

Sep 5, 2008, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Cumbie Suffers Broken Wrist ]

I really dont care if you want to hear it or not, there are more of me out there than there are you! We live in America, I say What I want you dont want to read it you go to another site!

Sep 5, 2008, 10:31 AM

You have every right to complain and if that makes you feel better...go for it. Has your complaining ever help Clemson win or lose a game, I doubt it. My statement is that regardless of who is on the field we should win and I don't care who we are playing. If the conference is weak, fine, we should win, it was weak for the most part during the "Danny years" and we won most of the time.
My other statement was when you complained about spending your money on a product that obviously from your post, makes you miserable. Find something that will make you happy and enjoy that, life is too short to be this bitter over whether a coach blames a loss over injuries. Last week was one game, that was an embarrassing loss, but it doesn't mean the season is over. This team will rebound, regardless of who is playing and who is injured on the sidelines, and make us all proud to be Tigers by the end of the season.
If you want to be miserable, convert to being a Gamecock, back-to-back losses to Vandy. There aren't too many instances in the history of college football where that statement can be made.

Sep 5, 2008, 1:11 PM

You are exactly right I have right to complain, I was complaining on the coaches behalf, because guess what I was With Those guys on the sidelines in the Tommy West days, I know what it feels like to be whipped, I also Go to every home away game and every Bowl Game, As well as make a LARGE donation every year to help student athletes like myself achieve, and I don’t think that "our" money is being used to bring in top of the line recruits, facility upgrades, to get embarrassed by coaches that didn't prepare enough, and have to call the opposing coach to get rectification. Talking about Spurrier and Carolina, If he had half the talent that we did they would have beaten Vandy by 30 or more.

Sep 5, 2008, 3:14 PM

Made your point. Pay your money, complain all you want and if that helps you then I'm glad it is therapeutic for you. Personally, I would rather focus on what is yet to come than rip a team and it's coaches for a pathetic performance. Goal this year is an ACC championship, that door hasn't been closed. As far as devastating loss with nat'l implications, it happens to most teams every year. Ask Mark Richt he lost to USuC last year that cost him the chance at possibly playing for a Nat'l title. Better not, that sounds like something Tommy might do and I don't think you want to be classified that way.
As for Spurrier, you are highly delusional if you think he has half of the talent that Clemson does.
QB & RB, Clemson is better
TE - USC
WR - slight ad to CU.
O-line and D-line probably a push the way both teams have looked so far
LB - USC
DB - push maybe slightly toward the Tigers,
special teams - USC until their performance last night.
Spurrier having half the talent we do, please, spare me.
Your statement is the same thing I hear from my USC employees, you sure you don't have some Coot background.

Sep 5, 2008, 4:54 PM

I said........ That if Spurrier had our team.. (Talent) he could do a better job!! Never said they had a better team that was the whole point, and I never "Ripped" the team, I was a player I know how it feels, need to learn to read, I ripped the coaches for lack of preparation

Sep 5, 2008, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Cumbie Suffers Broken Wrist ]

I don’t guess there is any need in arguing with Play station players, I’ll part and finish with this. Tommy said that this was his best team in 10 years, I'm Frightened. Go Tigers

Sep 5, 2008, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Cumbie Suffers Broken Wrist ]

clemzonfan ... keep believing what you write. I don't.

This IS a message board... if you don't like what he says,

Sep 5, 2008, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Cumbie Suffers Broken Wrist ]

nobody is forcing you to be here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Doesnt matter he will transfer at the end of season anyway..***

Sep 5, 2008, 5:21 PM

Can anyone here say . . .

Sep 6, 2008, 12:16 AM

That the coaching staff prepared the team well for this game? Can anyone argue against the fact that this is not the first time this has happened under Tommy Bowden as our coach?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can anyone here say . . .

Sep 12, 2008, 2:10 PM

oeww let me add to that, can anyone argue the fact this has happened at least twice every season under bowden. Not saying losses don't happend to good teams but I mean really..... enough is enough. Losing to duke a couple years ago should have been plenty enough to fire our entire staff. The end.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic