Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Alabama Postgame Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Sep 2, 2008, 12:34 AM

Roy Martin breaks down the Clemson Tigers' 34-10 loss to Alabama in the 2008 Chick-fil-A College Kickoff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope everyone reads this***

Sep 2, 2008, 12:48 AM

Most importantly TDP.***

Sep 2, 2008, 2:24 AM

null

Great, great analysis!***

Sep 2, 2008, 12:58 AM

Sapp, Alexander, Brown should be the starting Linebackers***

Sep 2, 2008, 7:10 AM

That's right!! I'm tired of these tiny LB's. They got drug.***

Sep 2, 2008, 10:50 AM

Exactly! Any other coach would see that. Yet more proof

Sep 2, 2008, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Sapp, Alexander, Brown should be the starting Linebackers*** ]

that our coaches don't know what they're doing.

Cumbie, Scott, Jenkins, Bowers should be starting D-Line***

Sep 2, 2008, 7:11 AM

Re: Cumbie, Scott, Jenkins, Bowers should be starting D-Line***

Sep 2, 2008, 10:16 AM

The guy next to me on Saturday said the exact same thing in regards to your DL/LB comments. The current LB's look like they should be cornerbacks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McDaniel is supposed to be a safety.***

Sep 2, 2008, 10:51 AM

Don't entirely agree

Sep 2, 2008, 7:11 AM

No mention of game plan or coaching. The staff had 8 months. Don't give me the "they had a new coordinator which is tough to prepare for" garbage. That advantage should be ours - an experienced coordinator where the players don't have to learn a new system with, again, 8 months to prepare.

No mention of the scheme defensively where our corners gave Alabama easy throws for first down completions. That is what kept the defense on the field all night.

And while Roy correctly pointed out the play of the O line, it is also true that the staff going into the game was satisfied with the play of that group.

Linebacker is the weakness of this team - but the staff knew this and basically made no adjustment for it. They just played our vanilla defense with, again, 8 months to prepare.

Bowden Attitude vs. Saban Attitude

Sep 2, 2008, 7:54 AM

Do you think this might have just a tad to with our attitude going into the game(s)?

Starts at the top . . .

Link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRDl1dsMA3A

Tough Coaching

Sep 2, 2008, 8:35 AM

The video of Nick Saban clearly shows that he is a tough coach. I read an article about Spurrier this morning, and he said that if any offensive lineman jump offsides, he is going to embarrass them. This is football people. Forget this nice crap. Let's let them have fun, listen to their ipod before the game, and let them enjoy theirselves.(being sarcastic). We need to go back to Ford tough coaching. I can guarantee that TB babied them and told them to put it behind them. They need to think about how they embarrassed themselves, tiger nation, and the fact that they came to have fun, not win a football game. I'm still sick to my stomach!!!!!!

Re: Bowden Attitude vs. Saban Attitude

Sep 2, 2008, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Bowden Attitude vs. Saban Attitude ]

Definitely gives me more respect for Saban. Wish Bowden was like that!

Re: Clemson vs Alabama Postgame Analysis

Sep 2, 2008, 9:55 AM

Faerber is in the top ten in terms of 40 time and in fact i believe he was 5th

Starting his 10th year as HC and we still have "unknowns"

Sep 2, 2008, 10:34 AM

to be concerned about....a game of this magnitude should be avoided at the start of the season because of the "unknowns?" I am firmly convinced, not because of the "unknowns" but because of what we do know, that a game of this magnitude should be completely avoided by Clemson until we have a coach that can prepare the team to play it.

If we can only look good playing the Furman's, Citadel's, and SC State's then lets get our schedule fixed. But right now, having a 75% wininning percentage after our next 4 games doesn't mean squat to anyone in the college football world.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Don't the Patriots have some concerns this year?***

Sep 2, 2008, 12:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't the Patriots have recent championships?***

Sep 2, 2008, 1:55 PM

Re: Don't the Patriots have some concerns this year?***

Sep 2, 2008, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Don't the Patriots have some concerns this year?*** ]

And just how many Superbowls have they won?

we dont know when he will get his next extension!***

Sep 2, 2008, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Starting his 10th year as HC and we still have "unknowns" ]

Total BS

Sep 2, 2008, 11:14 AM

Don't make out now like people were saying "watch out for Bama" every single prediction thread I read had Clemson winning, and many by double digits.

Now we get out but kicked and you try to tote the line "well bama was tough and we knew it was a bad game for us to schedule, espeically in the first game"

MORE HIDDEN DEFENSE OF BOWDEN. IT IS GETTING OLD!

The box wasn't empty - Santa took a massive dump in it***

Sep 2, 2008, 11:28 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO!!!***

Sep 2, 2008, 6:42 PM

Fire Bowden!***

Sep 2, 2008, 1:25 PM

Sep 2, 2008, 2:08 PM

I don't know what the answer is. After meeting him, I really like Rob Spense, but he's an awful OC. Very predictable.

As for Tommy, in my heart, unless he dramatically turns this team around, I can't defend him. Heart is instilled into players by the coaches, our boys played with none. At least on this given Saturday.

The difference between coaches is this. The name Nick Saban brings concern to his opponents. He brought a National Championship to LSU in just 5 years, playing in the toughest conference in the country. People are aware of him.
I don't think the name Tommy Bowden would bring concern to the likes of Delaware. That may sound harsh, but I don't think he cast any real concern on anyone.

I'm not looking for a National Championship. Honestly, we're not in the same league as Southern Cal. But I would like to see a run of ACC titles. The way we looked this past Saturday, I really don't see that happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Postgame Analysis: Bowden STILL mediocre. Saban STILL good.

Sep 2, 2008, 2:50 PM

Does anybody doubt that Nick Saban (and his coaches) would have beaten Tommy Bowden (and his coaches) even if Bowden and Saban had swapped players last spring?

Clemson had at least as much player-talent as Alabama. And even if Clemson had less talent, it wasn't THAT much that it led to a humiliating blow-out.

Bowden (and his coaches) just upper-mediocre. He's proven that for NINE+ years. The results are in.

Razz is exactly right.

Sep 2, 2008, 7:56 PM

Great coaching with good talent will beat mediocre coaching with great talent every time. Not only is Tommy a mediocre coach, he doesn't even enjoy what he does. He hates Saturdays, and is genuinely scared to play certain teams. And his players attitudes reflect this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%..... The only thing that hasnt improved........

Sep 3, 2008, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Postgame Analysis: Bowden STILL mediocre. Saban STILL good. ]

At Clemson is the COACHING!!

Its in bad taste to call out players.

Sep 3, 2008, 1:20 PM

Of course some of them made mistakes, who doesn't. Any one of them didn't cost Clemson the game. This game was lost in Spring and Fall practice by a group of defunct and in my opinion (and I'm not alone) inadequate coaches. Maybe you should spend a bit of time researching why this particular coaching staff after 9 years still cannot make game adjustments, coach toughness and a never die attitude into the players psych, or recognize weaknesses and oversights on their own team and adjust to them. What a joke that Bowden has to ask his Saben for his breakdown of the game. Bowdens time is up, it was up 3 years ago. Until some uppers in the organization face up to these truths nothing is going to change. Doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results is the definition of Lunacy.

Excellent point

Sep 3, 2008, 1:50 PM

These players he is calling out are put on the field by the coaches and then they try their best to get the job done. None of them are messing up on purpose and none of them are getting paid to do a job. It is the paid coaches responsibility to get them trained and fired up to go out there and get the job done. Part of their salaries involves taking the criticism that comes if they don't get it done and then calling out players in the locker room or at practice (not on a public forum).

Can the coaches actually re-train the line at this point?

Sep 3, 2008, 3:09 PM

If the coaches weren't able to train and condition the linemen since last season (let alone over several years of coaching these guys) , it's hard to imagine the coaches being able to make much improvement on the line over the next few weeks, isn't it?

Sep 5, 2008, 9:13 AM

Hey when do you want to play a big game? To be a national contenders you should be able to play anyone at anytime. Scheduling nightmare my butt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2008, 11:15 PM

Very good analysis. Alabama was bigger,stronger,and faster which is a problem for Clemson to overcome.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic