Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Postgame Press Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Aug 31, 2008, 12:20 PM

Audio and quotes from Tommy Bowden and Nick Saban after the game on Saturday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Synopsis:

Aug 31, 2008, 12:23 PM

Parity
Facilities
More parity
WEZ
SEP
Did I say parity?

Parity? Clemson had better players. Bama had better coach.***

Aug 31, 2008, 1:11 PM

Re: Parity? Clemson had better players. Bama had better coach.***

Aug 31, 2008, 2:29 PM

You can lay the blame on Tommy and he is in charge, but I have never thought our O-Line has gone about blocking the way O-Line did under Danny Ford. I can't believe the strategy is to take a step back to block an on-charging DL or LB. Seems like that has been the problem since TB had had his current staff on board.
Also, why start guys that have been around a couple of years and could never challege the less than capable guys we had last year.Go with the Freshmen or at least give them a chance.
I think we would be in a tight battle with KY-MS-Ol'Miss and SC for a 5th or 6th place in the SEC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parity? Clemson had better players. Bama had better coach.***

Aug 31, 2008, 2:33 PM

i am not convinced our talent was better--at least in SEVERAL positions

Well, gotta give the man credit for owning up to his

Aug 31, 2008, 12:26 PM

shortcomings and not mention VT and/or Michigan losing. However, he still needs to be relieved of his duties.

null

TB - the nightmare that won't end..

Aug 31, 2008, 12:28 PM

I'm glad he's taking responsibility also.. but after TEN years, its a little late for that.

Re: TB - the nightmare that won't end..

Aug 31, 2008, 1:29 PM

Tommy needs to grow some and get rid of this Mickey Mouse offense and defense scheme.

Better yet, TB should resign at season-end with no buy-out.***

Aug 31, 2008, 2:19 PM

Re: Better yet, TB should resign at season-end with no buy-out.***

Tommy i snot that dumb

Re: Well, gotta give the man credit for owning up to his

Aug 31, 2008, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Well, gotta give the man credit for owning up to his ]

he can take that credit and get the #### out of town!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Well, gotta give the man credit for owning up to his

Aug 31, 2008, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Well, gotta give the man credit for owning up to his ]

Tommy is a smart man.... every time we talk about firing him, he gets us committed for more guranteed money if we fire him.
I like Tommy as a person but he shows why it took him so long to be a head coach. Can't get them ready to play.

They gave this guy a $4M buy-out. How foolish!***

Aug 31, 2008, 1:22 PM

“The responsibility of getting the team prepared is mine and

Aug 31, 2008, 2:01 PM

“The responsibility of getting the team prepared is mine and I didn't do that.”

Same old story every year.
Every dadgum year. How many times has he had to say that same thing?

Oh and thanks for giving me $1 million a year for not doing

Aug 31, 2008, 5:33 PM

my job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should return 50k+ back to Clemson for not doing his job!***

Sep 2, 2008, 11:33 AM

Re: Postgame Press Conference

Aug 31, 2008, 2:24 PM

Most companies look at the bottom line. Are the management team getting the job done? If they are on contract and found lacking in productivity(especially after being given the right tools and big salaries)is usually promoted(AT REDUCED PAY)to a job they are good at. Tommy is very good at recruitng and running a clean program. Promote him to Asst. AD in charge of these items and get a smash mouth coach. I don't Think the administraion understands that Clemson fans and alumni want to play football like the SEC and basketball like the ACC. Our current administration has these goals reversed.

Re: Fan expectations different than current administration

Remember, we want our football in the same class as the SEC and our basketball like the ACC. We currently have these goals reversed.

Tommy admitted that he didn't do his job, I think that TDP

Aug 31, 2008, 3:11 PM

should say, "It's my job to sign CTB's check and I didn't do it." How would Tommy like that?

Sep 1, 2008, 12:57 AM

could we please get a head coach you cares more about the football team and less about his image of a good guy! Nick Sabian made him look like a punk of coach that got hit in the mouth a ran home to cry on moms shoulder.

someone tell Tommy that people don't care about human error and other teams. Thats why he is getting paid. To lead these young men when the going gets tough. They need a leader Tommy not a yes man. Toughing up and be a man!!!

Sep 1, 2008, 7:07 PM

I can't believe CTB's comments at his news conference. He didn't admit any responsibility for the awful play. Instead he talked about the real USC losing to Stanford and Vtech losing to LSU last year. What in the world does this have to do with us being completely unprepared to play a football game. We could quote hundreds of games where teams are properly coached and won the games they where supposed to win. I think this guy is in a world of his own it is not healthy for our football program.

In Bowden's defense, he did say that it was his fault that

Sep 1, 2008, 7:20 PM

the team was not prepared. He said this in the postgame interview on WCCP. I actually couldn't believe he acknowledged his own role in our performance, since he rarely does that. I suppose he felt that there was no other choice but to do so, especially given the circumstances. It still bothers me that he followed that up with more rationalizations and comparisons to other teams that lost. Does he think we're all that stupid, or is his thought process really that screwed up? Regardless, there's a huge problem there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The main thing that I didn't like was that TB quit and we

Sep 2, 2008, 1:07 PM

shouldn't keep a coach that quits. I have seen him quit in other games as well like one year when we lost bad to FSU at FSU. The team and coaches showed no enthusiasm the entire game except maybe a little after Spiller's TD. They did not have the team up for the game.

I wathced as Tommy let the play clock run out instead of running a hurry up offense to try and score a TD or Field goal. I want a coach that coaches until there are all zeroe's on the clock. We could of and should of ran more plays to try and score. Why? Because if we scored it would of been a positive that we left the game with. If he was afraid of getting one of the starters hurt, then he should of put in the backups or even 3rd stringers to get more game experience. That is what they are always saying that this or that player needs more game time experience. Well coach, you could of given more of that game time experience to the players if you didn't let the clock run out.

I watched the end of the Missouri/Illinois game afterwards and Illinois was down by 21 points, but they played until the end and ended up scoring a TD on like the last play of the game. That TD can give them a positive feeling even though they lost as they were able to come down at the end of the game and score. It gave them game time experience in trying to score at the end of the game for possibley another game down the road when they need a score at the end to win the game. That is a what I expect out of Clemson. Unfortunantly, Tommy didn't deliver.

What I would like to see happen but I know it will not, is that Tommy appolagizes to the team, the university and to the fans for quiting. That he tells us that he will not quit again. That is if he truly believes he won't quit again. If he thinks he might then he should just go ahead and resign without any payout. That he takes responsibility and also tells us that he will donate something like 50K+ to the university for he does not deserve to get paid for the Alabama game as he didn't do his job. Unfortunantly, it is wishful thinking that even one of these things will happen!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic