Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cullen Harper Named to 2008 O'Brien Quarterback Award Watch List
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,325

Jul 18, 2008, 9:18 AM

Clemson quarterback Cullen Harper is one of 31 quarterbacks named to the preseason list of Davey O'Brien Awward candidates. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimmy Clausen???

Jul 18, 2008, 2:16 PM

Is that a typo???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of 1997 returning QBs, watch-list has ~33%, so Clausen fits.***

Jul 18, 2008, 6:27 PM

Re: Cullen Harper Named to 2008 O'Brien Quarterback Award Wa

Jul 18, 2008, 2:45 PM

DREW WEATHERFORD!?!?!

The QB awards depend on the team as much as the QB.

Jul 18, 2008, 6:38 PM

There's some stiff competition in the other leagues from guys like Tim Tebow, Graham Harrell, Pat White, Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, et al. But Harper could perhaps beat such guys for national awards depending on how the teams do overall. If Harper has the same stats as last year and Clemson goes 13-0, I'd expect Harper to win some national awards, but if the team goes 9-4, I'd expect none.

I hope Harper mentions this to his teammates so that they try to go undefeated for him. :)

Will coaches play Korn at the expense of Harper's candidacy?

Jul 18, 2008, 7:39 PM

Last season, Korn didn't get many reps in the cupcake blowouts, I think in part because Harper didn't have that much experience, and so Harper needed the reps himself. I think that contributed to Harper's prolific stats. Now that Harper is experienced (and hopefully off to the NFL next year), and since Harper would hardly be needed against Citadel & SCSt, I wonder if the coaches will give Korn as many mop-up reps as they would if Harper weren't up for awards and poised to break records. Or will the coaches be inclined to help Harper to win awards, break records, and become a higher draft choice, by keeping him in beyond what is needed to win and provide 1st-string cohesion? My guess is that the coaches will try to strike a balance between those two goals, but lean on the side of playing Korn. It's an interesting dilemma, because the team needs Korn to get every rep possible. But Harper's stats will drop considerably if he doesn't stay in against the cupcakes. Thoughts?

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,325
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic