Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2007 All-ACC Academic Football Team Announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 984

Feb 4, 2008, 2:33 PM

To be eligible for consideration, a player must have earned a 3.00 grade point average for the previous semester and maintained a 3.00 cumulative average during his academic career. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to the Tigers on this list

Feb 5, 2008, 8:11 AM

by the way, how do you have an undeclared major as a sophmore? (2 others on the list, not Tigers)

And major props to the OL from NC State who is majoring in biochemistry

Re: Congrats to the Tigers on this list

Feb 5, 2008, 9:31 AM

I wondered the same thing.

The one that stood out to me was Thaddeus Lewis for Duke. The way I see it, no matter which school you attend, if you are listed as an "undecided" major after two years in school, you BETTER be on the all-ACC academic team.

In a way, it brings into question the academic integrity of Duke athletes.

Congratulations to the Tigers on this list; balancing an athletic and academic schedule is certainly an amazing feat.

Feb 5, 2008, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Congrats to the Tigers on this list ]

How about that senior Duke DL majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering with over a 3.0 as a senior? I'm going to give him the trophy over the biochemistry junior at NCSU. Electrical Engineering is at least as hard as biochemistry, and basket weaving at Duke is probably harder than biochemistry at NCSU. :)

Kudos to all !!!

Feb 5, 2008, 1:36 PM

good point, though I will disagree about the basketweaving at Duke comment. Of course, Duke regularly accepts only top-tiered acadamians (with lots of $$) but easy majors are still easy majors no matter where you go.
A great school is a great school not because it is more difficult.

Perhaps my bais towards NCSU (I'm currently a graduate student there) is fueling my argument, but I believe that a biochemistry major who makes the all-acc academic team is a heck of a lot more impressive than an "undecided" or "undeclared" major, regardless of which school this person attends.

The basketweaving program at Duke is no more difficult than the basketweaving program anywhere else.

Re: 2007 All-ACC Academic Football Team Announced

Feb 7, 2008, 10:03 PM

saw today where Buchholz made Academic All-ACC in Soccer as well - pretty impressive accomplishment to be Academic All-ACC in two sports during the same season....

Replies: 5
| visibility 984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic