Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowl Practice Opens For Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Dec 8, 2007, 3:13 PM

Clemson works out Saturday, but will work around finals all next week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like TB wanted Grobe gone as much as I***

Dec 8, 2007, 6:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Juniors Leaving

Dec 8, 2007, 9:50 PM

Any thought who may be leaving early. TigerIllustrated reported Phillip M is submitted his paer work for the draft.

I asked early where is Marquan Jones??????

Re: Juniors Leaving

Dec 8, 2007, 11:09 PM

been wondering the same thing, hopefully Tommy can convince Merling to stay, he'd be a valuable asset to next years Orange Bowl champion team. Did the article say anything about him hiring an agent?

Dec 9, 2007, 12:08 AM

"submitted paperwork to the NFL Draft Advisory Committee" is all it said...

That's awesome.

Dec 9, 2007, 1:35 AM

He's making a good informed deciscion. I just hope that whatever it is it's accurate. I hope it doesn't say 1st round and he ends up going 3rd. He's got mouths to feed and a family to help.

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Dec 10, 2007, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Juniors Leaving ]

Same thing Adams did his JR. year. Harper, Davis ,Hamlin and Kelly also reg. From what im hearing they are just testing the waters. All should be back.

Dec 9, 2007, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Juniors Leaving ]

The Greenville News reported Sunday that James Davis has also submitted paperwork to scope out where he might be taken in the NFL draft. If he is projected as 1st round, he's gone, 3rd round he stays for his senior year, and 2nd round... who knows.

If Davis leaves, next yr could be ugly. Others jrs looking..

Dec 9, 2007, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Juniors Leaving ]

Spiller is great in the open field, but he has become an ineffective dancer between the tackles. So if Davis leaves, I'm afraid Clemson's running game between the tackles will be horribly impacted-- not to mention that the O-line will suffer greatly from graduation. And I don't think that we really have seasoned high-caliber talent in the depth charts at tailback-- which could be pretty devastating for Spence's run-first, run on first-down offense.

Also, I read that other juniors (like Hamlin and Kelly) are keeping their NFL options open. I don't blame them and I wish them the best either way. But I always thought it was presumptuous that so many TB fans who supported his contract extension argued that TB will be able to win the ACC next year with all of the great talent returning. If Davis bolts, I'd expect him to trigger a flood as the others will realize that their chances for glory and NFL recognition will be greatly reduced without Davis. Would it help if we organized an event where the entire school and fan base gets down on their knees and begs Davis and Kelly to return? I'll be there.

It kinda cracks me up that some of these players bluffed that if Tommy leaves, they'd leave. (Like Harper has much of a choice.) Of course, they didn't promise that if Tommy stays, they'll stay.

No love for Sadat Chambers?

Dec 9, 2007, 4:02 PM

He's not a James Davis, but his power running was pretty impressive in clean up duty this year. And no one has any clue how Ray Ray is. I really don't think Davis is gonna leave, he's the team leader, he's the type that will be loyal for that kinda thing. He's smart too, if he's not first round, he's giving up a lot of money for next year's draft.

PS- I heard that Kelly will be coming back and if he gets injured and ruins his NFL career, he's already got a job announcing. J/K. :)

Sadat did shockingly well. Got a whole lotta luv.

Dec 10, 2007, 12:10 AM

But I don't think Sadat is the kind of back who is going to cause your opponent to change their gameplan. I got the impression that Ray Ray wasn't impressing the coaches before his injury, which is why they moved Sadat to tailback.

Man, I hope you're right about JD. With the likes of McFadden, Slaton, Hart, Rice, Stewart, Choice, et al, on the market this year, James Davis will not make the 1st round this year. But I can't think of any superstar RB's that could compete with him in next year's draft (except Spiller). And due to Clemson's early work on the passing game and early weakness in the O-line, JD didn't really get a chance to shine as brightly as he could have for the NFL scouts this season.

Are you guys blind to the fact that...........

Dec 10, 2007, 9:01 AM

if Davis leaves we will go out and get another great running back. Don't forget that James Davis was once a Freshman too. We will be fine.

Come to think of it, if Davis was to leave we could sign 2 running backs and move Spiller to the slot with Jacoby. I hope Davis stays too, but much worse things could happen.

Blind? No. Concerned about a TBD newbie? Yes.***

Dec 10, 2007, 3:01 PM

Why would he stay? He's the best player & they dont use him***

Dec 9, 2007, 4:35 PM [ in reply to If Davis leaves, next yr could be ugly. Others jrs looking.. ]

davis

Dec 10, 2007, 7:27 PM

from the AP: When Clemson star James Davis first heard the Bowden rumors, he didn't buy it.

He told backfield partner, C.J. Spiller, "Is he really going to go to Arkansas with all the talent we got coming back here next year?"

doesnt look like he plans on leaving

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic